1737 20th Ave., Prince George, V2L 4B9, Canada

Cranbrook Hill CrestCranbrook Hill Crest

Chaunigan LakeChaunigan Lake

HOTEL NEAR VIA RAIL STATION

by MFAMILY

CAN ANYONE RECCOMEND A HOTEL NEAR VIA RAIL STATION. NEXT JULY WE ARE TAKING THE SKEENA FROM JASPER TO PRINCE RUPERT, THAT INCLUDES AN OVERNIGHT STOP IN PRINCE GEORGE. TRAIN LEAVES IN THE MORNING AT 7.20...
THKS

Re: HOTEL NEAR VIA RAIL STATION

by limey64

You can try one of these hotels. They are all close to the Via station.

Ramada Hotel 444 George St.
Days Inn 600 Quebec St.
Connaught Motor Inn 1550 Victoria St.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers,
Rob

RE: HOTEL NEAR VIA RAIL STATION

by oceansgreen

Hello,

I have taken the Skeena a number of times to Prince George with my four children. Give my Wife a weekend to herself. I usually stay at the best Western. We walk up to it from the Via rail station. Its about a 7 or 8 block walk, not bad at all. If I can make it with 4 kids in tow, anyone can, haha. I think It is about $55 or $60 a night. Has a nice pool and excercise room. The room had two queen size beds, small fridge, coffee maker and complimentary coffee or tea to go with it, and of course TV.
The Via Station is on 1st ave, the the parrallel roads go up in numbers, so its easy to head in the right direction,. It seems pretty quite and safe, plus there is a police station on the other side of the parking lot. I had no worries.

You should have a great trip. The Jasper to Prince Rupert train ride is rated the 5th best in the world.

Tim

RE: RE: HOTEL NEAR VIA RAIL STATION

by MFAMILY

Hi

We already took the trip, July 2004. We stayed at the Ramada which is also quite near the station.
And as the world is small, I met the lady manager of the restaurant who is of portuguese nationality like us and was born about 25km from my home town, near the beach where I went during summer.

Our trip went as far north as Juneau, Alaska, where, imagine , I came across a portuguese travel agent I´ve known for years.

The world is a village!

Rgds
Maria

Travel Tips for Prince George

Jade carving

by Darby2

As you can see, some beautiful jade carvings come from British Columbia's huge jade resource. A considerable amount of jade of lower quality is used in construction, tiles, countertops and ornamental stone. The colours range from green, black, white or yellow-brown. Green jade is the most sought after. High quality jade can cost as much as $100 per kilogram.

Comments