Tall Trees B&B

WildSong's Profile Photo

Amazing B & B; Great service

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 23, 2014

The facilities were under renovation, except our room, But that did not interfere with the comforts of our stay. We did not even notice. The Tall Trees was clean, comfortable, walking distance to the ocean and downtown.
Good breakfast, good wine, good service.
I highly recommend the Tall Trees B & B

Unique Quality: Free bottle of wine if you book for 3 nights, worth it.

CdnJane's Profile Photo

Gracious Hostess and Wonderful Accomodation

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 6, 2012

The reviews before sounded as if Tall Trees would be the place we'd be happy to stay, off the beaten path, and nicer than a motel. The reality proved to be far better than what we had expected, even though our nights there were short. We knew that we'd be late arriving because of the ferry schedule, but a delay of over 5 hours due to fog at the start of Friday made me phone to warn Andrea, the owner of Tall Trees, that we'd be late - 4:15am rather than 1:15am. No problem she said, your beds will be ready, and just come in the front door, it will be open. True to her word, there she was when I opened the front door. She showed us to our rooms, and said that breakfast would be when we were ready for it. The other guests were having a breakfast about 9:45, so we said that would be fine. The accomodations were great - my room was by the door, but I heard nothing of others until I got up in the morning. As others have mentioned - the amentites were great, and all you could ask for. The beds were wonderful (even more so after the bunkbeds of the Alaska Ferry). Breakfast was great - I had Andrea's french toast and my friend had an omelet. Andrea made us feel at home, and very welcome. When I asked about where to do laundry, she offered to do it for us - great when that is one of those time-wasting jobs when you're traveling. She told us how to take the trail to town, and recommended a restaurant for dinner - Dolly's. Both were great. We had to be up early on the Sunday morning for the train (as it turned out we could've slept in a bit later as the train was late leaving), and Andrea had made muffins and had coffee for us to get started on our day. We were really pleased with Tall Trees and would recommend it to anyone going to Prince Rupert. Oh yes, and my friend enjoyed the use of the DVD player in the room to see a couple of movies in his room.

Unique Quality: The rooms were wonderful - the amenities were amazing- for eating, and pampering. Large rooms, lovely bathroom. QUIET!!! And the breakfasts were exceptional. But the most important part was the fact that Andrea stayed up late, or rose very early to welcome guests, despite the horrific hours that the train and ferry delivered their passengers to town.

Nearby Tall Trees B&B

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Prince Rupert Travel Forum

Need advice about Prince Rupert, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Prince Rupert and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Prince Rupert hotel reviews