Salt Springs Spa Resort

Spa and Resort Arts and Culture Food and Dining
See Amenities
HeatherB33's Profile Photo

Horrible Honeymoon Stay

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2012

My Husband and I travelled there a few days ago to celebrate our marriage and to go on our mini honeymoon. We spent hours researching a place to say before finally deciding on this place as it looked like it had everything that we needed and a spa to boot. Our first view of where we would be spending our first night as newlyweds was from the road (which ran DIRECTLY in front of our cabin and from the adjacent parking lot. When we got up to our cabin I honestly thought it must have been a complete joke. Rustic is putting it lately, this is probably the most unromantic place we have EVER stayed in. Not only was it dirty but the towels and sheets were disgusting, the shower was cold with no water pressure, full of mold and the whole room was musty. We ended up spending most of our time outside where we were only a few feet from our next door neighbours and could hear everything they were saying. There were children running around everywhere (including in front of our cabin, even though the sign said not to). Don't get me wrong I love children and families but a place that advertises as a 'great place for a honeymoon' now that's a joke. We had purchased a "Romance Package" and that is where the real joke comes into play. It consisted of a bottle of champagne, massage oil, crappy chocolate, a one hour couples massage, and two gift certificates to two local eateries. Firstly, don't bother ordering this as you get no deal what-so-ever and might as well pick and choose where to spend your own money. The massage was horrible and we both woke up the next day covered in bruises. I assume that if I am getting a relaxation massage that I should be relaxed not obviously cringing in pain. And the two eateries some woodfire girl (which was OK) and the Salt Spring Inn left a lot to be desired. I had assumed that the Salt Spring Inn was going to be a nice place but boy was I wrong. The food and service were so terrible that I didn't even end up eating that night! All in all a horrible setting for what was supposed to have been a memorable getaway. In my opinion, save your money and go somewhere else. All said and done we paid close to $800 which I feel is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL WASTE!

Nearby Salt Springs Spa Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Saltspring Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Saltspring Island, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Saltspring Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Explore Deeper into Saltspring Island