13608 Highway 97, Summerland, V0H 1Z0, Canada

Hotels.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Rude staff/ charge without alerting to policies

The local visitor's centre was supposed to call a hotel in another city and accidentally called this one. As I thought it was a different location in a different city, I gave credit card details and booked two rooms. I called shortly after when I arrived at the other location and was told there was no problem to cancel the reservation. The man on the phone did not alert me as to the cancellation policy the first time I spoke with him or when I cancelled and has now charged my credit card. when I asked how he could charge me having not informed me of the policies, he said I should have known as the policies are on the website. As I did not look at the website as a third party connected us, I found this to be ridiculous. The man proceeded to yell at me and berate me for not agreeing him.
    I would not recommend any dealings with a property which thinks it can charge people without alerting them to the conditions.

Unique Quality: Terrible service and attitude from staff.

More about Summerland

Travel Tips for Summerland

Summerland, British Columbia

by sunnywong

Location: Summerland is located on Highway 97 on the western shore of Okanagan Lake, 12 miles (20 km) north of Penticton and 18 miles (28 km) south of Peachland. Directly across Okanagan lake is the community of Naramata.

Summerland is well known for its wineries and beaches, being ideally situated on Okanagan Lake between several major national population centres (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton). Tourism is a major industry, along with agriculture and tertiary services. Agriculture focused on tree fruits (apples, peaches, cherries, etc.) until the late 20th Century, then switching focus to grape production to support the burgeoning wine industry. Summerland is home to the historic Kettle Valley Steam Railway. The service industry is growing to accommodate the high percentage of seniors/retirees living in Summerland.

Kettle Valley Steam Railway

The Kettle Valley Steam Railway is unique in the Okanagan Valley– a place where you can step back in time and experience rail travel as it was almost one hundred years ago. The Kettle Valley Railway built during 1910-1915 once stretched from Midway to Hope. Just ten miles (16-kilometre) of this historic rail line remain as a living legacy for you to enjoy. Beautiful vistas unfold as you wind your way through Prairie Valley – a quilted patchwork of lush orchards, vineyards and fields of green. Rock cuts and natural landscapes provide another kind of beauty as the train takes you onto the Trout Creek Trestle Bridge 238 ft (73 metres) above the canyon floor. Powered by a restored 1912 locomotive called the 3716.

Link to my photo album