Pleasantview Motel & RV

#4
Rank 4 of 4 hotels
in Summerland
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Rude staff/ charge without alerting to policies

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2012

The local visitor's centre was supposed to call a hotel in another city and accidentally called this one. As I thought it was a different location in a different city, I gave credit card details and booked two rooms. I called shortly after when I arrived at the other location and was told there was no problem to cancel the reservation. The man on the phone did not alert me as to the cancellation policy the first time I spoke with him or when I cancelled and has now charged my credit card. when I asked how he could charge me having not informed me of the policies, he said I should have known as the policies are on the website. As I did not look at the website as a third party connected us, I found this to be ridiculous. The man proceeded to yell at me and berate me for not agreeing him.
I would not recommend any dealings with a property which thinks it can charge people without alerting them to the conditions.

Unique Quality: Terrible service and attitude from staff.

Nearby Pleasantview Motel & RV

Summerland Travel Forum

Need advice about Summerland, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Summerland and ask our Answer Gurus.

Summerland Travel Guide