Best Western Coquitlam Inn Convention Centre

Stanley ParkStanley Park

UBC Museum of AnthropologyUBC Museum of Anthropology

Finding friends in Vancouver !!~~I'm 14

by lulu86moqi

I live in Shanghai now.And I'm going to emigrate to Vancouver this month.I want to find some friends in Vancouver. I'm 14. My house in Vancouver is in Surrey. And my new school is Earl Marriott.If someone wants to meet me ,can leave a message . Thx~
from Moqi

by yvr

This is not the site you want to meet friends your own age, be very careful if you do get any responses that someone wants to meet you.Why are your parents not monitoring this post and why are they allowing you to post such a request?

by lulu86moqi

I just want to know womeone in Vancouver~I mean i want to meet someone online but I dont know how to say =.= .

by Roadquill

Your school, the Earl Marriot, should have some kind of message board that allows students to start contacting one another. I would check with the school first.

Travel Tips for Vancouver

SQUIRRELS @ STANLEY PARK

by balhannah

Oh! I know, all you English people, American's & Canadian's are probably wondering about why I am writing about Squirrels.

Well, for an Australian like me, to see a Squirrel in the wild was something very different for me, I guess like seeing a Kangaroo in the wild for you!

Stanley park was loaded with them. Most of them were black (they can be either grey or black) We were informed that they were introduced into Stanley Park in 1914 and have since spread all over the Lower Mainland into plaque proportions, they certainly like British columbia!

Gm Place tours

by bc_4

In this town if you ever go you should take a tour of the Gm Place. The tours for this arena are so cheap you wouldnt belive it. This city has so much tourism in it you wouldnt belive. There is also a science centre that is a big silver ball thats really cool and neat in side. If you take the sky train in this town you will see all the big tourist attractions in the town and you would be able get off at any time to see the attraction you would want to see. My best memory of Vancouver is when i travelled through the city during the night. In the night time at Vancouver is so unblieveable cool and fun. There is so much to see when the city is lit up with all the lights, it could remind you of vegas a bit, well not as much but a little bit.

Vancouver is made up of lots...

by Soozay

Vancouver is made up of lots of cultural diversity. There are thriving Chinese, Italian, East Indian, and counter culture communities. If one had three or four days to spend in Vancouver, I'd say it is definitely worth visiting Chinatown, Stanley Park, Queen Elizabeth Park, Science World, the Vancouver Art Gallery, and the 'Drive'. When I am away from home, I miss the smell of the westcoast ocean and the view of the North Shore mountains. Grouse and Seymour mountains serve as landmarks for most Vancouverites. In winter, these mountains are popular for local downhill and cross country skiers. When I come home to Vancouver, I know I'm home when I can see the trees on those mountains or the twinkle of the lights on Grouse mountain at night.

More cool Canadian critters!

by worldkiwi

One motive for my walk through Stanley Park was to see racoons. Some locals I spoke to in Vancouver couldn't quite fathom the enthusiasm I had to see these critters. I guess to Canadians racoons aren't anything special - a bit like possums in New Zealand. However, we don't have many large land animals in my country (no native ones anyway) and racoons have been creatures of stories that I grew up with. Heck, I remember as a primary school kid writing a story about a group of North American animals setting out on a round the world adventure - and the only racoons I had ever seen were in Auckland Zoo!
Well, I had a map of Stanley Park and made for Racoon Trail, where I hoped to spot these animals. All I saw there were black squirrels! Disappointed and giving up hope, I walked up to Prospect Point to photograph the bridge and the view. It was here that I came across racoons! They didn't stick around very long, but obviously knew the best place to hang out to get some morsels of food! The one pictured was having a drink from a water fountain. It was a shame they got frightened off by some noisy kids. I would like to have watched them a bit longer.

check out the 'Day of the...

by RickL

check out the 'Day of the Longboat' at the Jericho Sail Centre. it's the 2nd jewel in the University of B.C. Triple Crown and takes place the 2nd or 3rd week of October. Team registration is $250 for a community team composed of up to 10 paddlers.
The 2 Km. race course takes you from the Jericho Sailing Centre to Jericho Beach where one member must jump out of the boat and retrieve a cone. Then it's back to the Sail Centre where one person must again jump out and bang a gong on the beach! Great fun even though we never won a medal! The water at this time of year is kind of cold for people like these who have a bad start.
There is a Beer Garden, BBQ and a finally a dance at the end of the weekend races. More information can be had including the specific dates at:

Comments