1763 Comox St, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6G 1P6, Canada

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Convenient to Denman Street, Stanley Park

We got an excellent rate for the Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites through the internet, and were very pleased with our 24th floor room, where our balcony provided a panoramic view of Vancouver. The furnishings weren't luxe, but they were adequate. I heard no complaints from the member of our party who slept on the pull-out sofa bed. We liked the convenience of having kitchen facilities at our disposal (though we mostly used them for storing leftovers from our various restaurant forays, and for chilling wine) and also the pleasant hot tub although it was somewhat unnerving that the pool and spa are located in a windowless cellar. On the other hand, we found these really plush terry robes to wear down to the pool!

Unique Quality: One nice touch was that large bottles of shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer are provided in the bath -- in addition to the little bottles one usually sees.

Guests have access to the Denman Fitness Club, which is pretty special.

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo

A Great Experience!

Located in downtown Vancouver, within walking distance to Stanley Park and Robson Street. I stayed at this hotel on the 20th floor for five days and enjoyed it very much. (The photo is the view from my room.) Very convenient location because there are lots and lots of restaurants from different parts of the world on the street downstairs, plus there's also a mall on the lower level with a grocery store. A little on the expensive side though, and no breakfast included.

If you have a laptop with you, make sure you ask for a room with high speed internet access because not all rooms have internet connections.

More about Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites

Mountains or Ocean?

by Jyrki

One great thing about downtown Vancouver is that it very intricately planned. Few people know that the downtown core has been planned in such a way that all tall buildings have line of sight of either Mountains or the Ocean (or both) so each new building that goes up cannot block the view of other buildings. This is a great idea more cities should do it (maybe they do?). This way vancouver's beauty is showcased from a fantastic perspective high above the city. Spectacular. Sitting at the top if the Coast Plaza hotel (they have a view of both the mountains and the ocean) I realized how spoiled we Vancouverites are. If you're in town, even if your not staying at a nice high-rise hotel, find your way to the top of one of Vancouver's skyscrapers (Wall centre, Harbour Centre Tower etc.) and enjoy ther view.

An Excellent Hotel in the Perfect Vancouver Location

We just returned from an 8-day vacation in and around Vancouver, and a major part of what made our visit so successful was staying at the Coast Plaza Hotel at Stanley Park. At every turn, the hotel exceeded our every wish and need. Our two-bedroom, two-bath suite was enormous; the living room alone was larger than the "suites" some hotels we've been to profess are "suites". It accommodated our family of four adults with much room to spare.

The suite had a full kitchen - not just a kitchenette - with all the appliances you'd have at home. The living room and the master bedroom had large terraces on which we enjoyed earling morning and late night tea and coffee with spectacular views. The bathrooms were spotless (as was the entire hotel), equipped with every single amenity we wanted and more, including more than the usual toiletries and a hair drier. An iron and ironing board were also supplied. Furniture was comfortable, useful, and homey. This was a place we could live in year-round.

Because Vancouver rarely gets too warm, and never gets humid, the suite did not have central air conditioning. It did have an individual A/C unit in the living room, and fans in the bedrooms. We never had to use the A/C; opening the windows was always sufficient.

Our suite also had a DSL connection included free of charge. Bring your laptop! In addition to unlimited tea, coffee, hot chocolate, chocolates supplied daily, a daily newspaper was waiting at our door every morning. Our "Summer Package" ($339/day) also included parking in their indoor garage and $300 worth of vouchers for meals or room service from the hotel restaurant.

The hotel has a nice pool and a very large, well-equipped health club, with various exercise and yoga classes included at no extra charge. When we wanted to print out some coupons from an internet site, we used the hotel's guest business office - again at no extra charge. The concierge service was helpful at every turn, getting us reservations and tickets for attractions that would have otherwise entailed long waits in line (like the Aquarium). Not only was this service free, but the prices we paid through the concierge were lower than we would have paid at the actual venues. Without exception, all of the hotel staff were exceptionally friendly, professional, and very helpful.

The location of the hotel is in the West End, two blocks from English Bay Beach and right on Denman Street, which is lined with shops, restaurants, gelato parlors, boutiques, etc. We spent a lot of time looking at the other neighborhoods in Vancouver, and this was by far the best. "Downtown" (Coal Harbor area) had a cold ambience and was full of hotels and office buildings, and crowded with traffic. Yaletown was nice, but lacked the beach and promenade. Gastown is a slum. Take my word for it, you will be happy staying in the West End. We realized that the first evening, strolling along the beach, stopping for gelato and coffee, and walking the two blocks back to our hotel. It was perfect.

There is no doubt that we will stay at the Coast Plaza Hotel when we next visit Vancouver. It was worth every penny and more.

Great for extended stays!

The hotel’s location is just a few miles from Stanley Park & the seawall. For a cab fare under $6 you can find yourself at GM Place, Gastown and at Union station to take the Seabus/water taxi across the bay to the island. You have many numerous restaurants, cafes and bars to choose from within walking distance. My favorite restaurant was Tapestry, on Robson. A great menu with a great wine list, however you do need to make a reservation. For beef lovers, try the sirloin with the red pepper aioli or the lamb chops. If you like to indulge, have a pint. Stop by Dover Arms pub and ask for Gordon (day shift bartender). He was delightful and very helpful answering a ton of my questions.

I found this hotel was in a great location for my time spent in Vancouver. The one bedroom suite was like a one bedroom apartment. It had a large living room area w/ balcony, a small kitchenette w/ refrigerator (which was nice as I could shop at the grocery store off of Robson instead of eating out all of the time) and a nice sized bedroom with lots of closet space. The bathroom was a tad small, but it was clean. I was a little nervous when arriving at my room. I was on the 19th floor next to the elevator. To my surprise, I never heard a thing. I had a great view of the city skyline. What I do think the hotel could work on is updating their rooms (paint only). There color choice was dull -a light beigy brown, almost a coffee color. It made the room feel a little drab and dark. However, a pull of the chord, opening the curtains to let all of the sunlight in was my cure for this dreary little problem.

I will come back and I do recommend this hotel to the type of traveler that would rather spend their money on the vacation sight seeing, dining, and experiencing the things, you came to see and do that you are unable to do back at home. After all, when traveling…who sits in the room all day?

Would stay again

by TripAdvisor Member Noel58

A great location, first class service and terrific views. We stayed for six nights in March 2005 and would stay again. The staff were very helpful and provided local advice on the area. The hotel is close to Stanley Park with easy access to North Vancouver, the large underground car park has space for SUVs. Ask for a bay view room for Pacific sunsets!

Great all round hotel

Me & my boyfriend stayed here at the end of September 04 and as first timers to Vancouver, this hotel catered for all our needs. The location is excellent, being adjacent to Stanley Park and English Bay, and there are a wide variety of restuarants your doorstep, (although admitedly we spent a number of evenings dining in the restuarant within the hotel, due to the quality of the food on offer and the great value for money - you must try the steak)! The room itself was spacious, clean and inviting. Although breakfast was included, there is a small kitchen to enable you to prepare your own meals if the fancy takes you. There is also a small laundry room on one of the higher floors which even if you don't decide to do any washing you MUST visit, as it offers a wonderful view of Stanley Park and the bay - great phot opportunity believe it or not! The staff were very friendly and the concierge in particular were great. We were struggling to decide where and when to visit the many attractions that Vancouver has to offer, and they spent rather a lot of time pointing us in the right directions and giving us valuable tips - such as making the use of the hop on/ hop off buses which circulate Vancouver and make it extremely easy to get around. To summarise, I highly recommend this hotel, which is in a great location, offers comfortable surroundings, helpful staff and great views! I only wish I was going back myself!

Very pleased with our choice

by TripAdvisor Member mmdownunder

We had a 2 night stay at this hotel which was booked over the internet. We were very please with our choice, our room was on the 14th floor just high enough for some lovely photo's from our balcony. The room was spacious and contained a full kitchenette and two double beds.

The location was fabulous everything at your door step, supermarket, denman street full of restaurants/shops, transport and the area felt safe. The guests laundry came in handy too, a small charge but worth it.

We would use this hotel again without hesitation, staff where friendly and helpful.

Van Couver Charmed Me

by wise23girl

"Here I am in Van Couver"

Well we flew in and found a friendly well organized airport. Soon we were whisked off to one of the nicest hotels we stayed in on this trip...Sutton Place.

I love being in the midst of the city and that is exactly where we were. Not far to walk for a nice coffee as we sat looking out to the water. And we went to the dock to see our ship that we were soon to board and then up ,
up and away to view the city from the tall tower.All so close.
Someone told me that Van Couver is admired for its traffic management and so it seemed to us.

We felt safe in this city

"They are dog friendly in Van Couver"

Well in Australia where I live it seems we are becoming less tolerant of dogs. Yes I know people have their reasons but here in VanCouver some hotels allow you to bring your dog..yes I think you have to prebook. Coast Plaza Hotel was one that did make provision for our canine friends
Another right in the centre of the city had a dog at the concierge desk and patrons often took this lucky dog for a walk about town. Howzthat!

Were is the best area to stay

by tdbdolphin

We plan on discovering all of Vancouver & Victoia.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

tdbdolphin

by nebulaflash

In Victoria there are hotels by the harbour and they make for a night spot to stay, as you have the scenery around the harbour and you are close to gift stores and good restaurants. We stayed at the Best Western and enjoyed that. There are beautiful B&B's around the island but I haven't stayed at one in Victoria or Vancouver.

by nebulaflash

Try this website: http://www.bestwesterncarltonplazahotel.com/

RE: RE: Were is the best area to stay

by Jetgirly

In Victoria, stay near the Inner Harbour. Budget choices would include Helm's Inn or Royal Scot Suites.

by smolakid

Hello, I've stayed at the Victoria Regent Hotel for 3 yrs. in a row &
had a fantastic time there. Easy walking to the "hot" spots in Inner Harbor,
or get a bicycle taxi to what ever you need to go.
I'm indifferent on Vancouver because the one hotel I liked, Marriott Renaissance which had great views of Burrand Bay is now blocked by another
hotel that stole the view. The following year I stayed at the Coast Plaza
Hotel which was good but under my expectations.

Comments