Corkscrew Inn

2735 W 2nd Ave, Vancouver, V6K 1K2, Canada

More about Corkscrew Inn

The finest hotel I've ever stayed in!

by TripAdvisor Member Wolfen

I've traveled to 8 Countries from Europe, to the middle east, far east asia, and to the americas, and this is the finest hotel i have ever stayed in. The food was amazing, the rooms were beautiful, and the friendly and welcoming service was perfect. Marnie was a wonderful host and breakfast times were a wonderfully social event ith a tremendous amosphere. Excellently situated, everything you could want is nearby or a short (3 minute) bus journey away. I woud recommend this B+B to anyone and would certainly come back here again!

-Rob.

Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member Grapecrushers

WOW, what a great experience staying at the Corkscrew! Savour the fantastic woodwork, stained glass windows, tiles, furnishings -- perfection in the arts and crafts period. Great ten grain pancakes with fresh fruits for breakfast, cosy comfortable beds, radiant heating, and private luxurious bath. 'The largest collection of wine corkscrews ever imagined was a bonus -- so much to look at and enjoy without leaving the Inn. The hosts, Wayne and Marnie, are THE BEST - 'make you feel right at home!!
See you next time!
M&S, Grimsby, Ontario

Super location, charming hosts, great rooms

by TripAdvisor Member TopCatOne

My wife and I stayed here in January 2007 for three days. Marnie & Wayne (hosts) made staying here a delight! They were very nice and helpful on info on the Inn, as well as things to do, restaurants, etc. in the Vancouver area. Breakfasts were healthy and delicious! Rooms were super clean and have everything you need. In a very quiet and safe area on a neighboorhood street in the Kitsilano area. Parking on the street. Great shopping and restaurants just a couple of blocks away, as is the beach. Walking distance to Granville area. Great location, just across the river from downtown. We will definitely return here when we make it back up to wonderful Vancouver. Good value for the money. Nice place to stay for singles or couples.

Crazy About Corkscrews!

by TripAdvisor Member KMM_1972

We stayed here for four nights at beginning of March 07 before heading off on a road trip to Calgary. We were made very welcome from the off and nothing was too much trouble for our host - even pancake recipes! The house is beautiful and perfectly located in Kitslano, enabling you to enjoy this trendy surburb and walk to downtown Vancouver with ease. The bus stop at the end of the road meant even tired legs could get home from the City with no effort. Highly recommended, especially for the quality of the accommodation and the delicious breakfasts. Try it out!

Fantastic place to stay in Vancouver

by TripAdvisor Member wildek

We came accross the Corkscrew Inn by chance when the B&B recommended in our guide book was full, and I'm so glad that it was! The Inn is a beautiful B&B in a fantastic neighbourhood with lovely rooms, great hosts and wonderful breakfasts. It is the best b&b that I have ever stayed in with every need catered for including use of the lounge with internet access and fresh drinks available day and night. Wayne made us feel very welcome and gave us lots of information on what to do in Vancouver which was supplemented by an excellent guidebook in our room.
As we had never been to Vancouver before we were a little nervous about the location of the Inn in Kitsilano but having stayed there I can thoroughly recommend it - much more peaceful than Downtown but only a short walk to beaches, bars, restaurants, Granville Island and most other Vancouver sites. We walked all the way to Stanley Park and Gastown which are a bit further away but you can easily take a taxi (much cheaper than London taxi's!) or a bus if your legs are weary.
Overall we had a fantastic stay and I would thoroughly recommend it.

Great place to stay.

by TripAdvisor Member johnrsterling

The rave reviews are right -- this is a great place to stay. Charming house, quiet convenient location, careful attention to details, attentive host, great breakfasts, fascinating guests.

Five Stars for the Corkscrew Inn!

by TripAdvisor Member Joy2B

Every detail has been thought through at the Corkscrew Inn....from the luxurious bed to the lovely fruit plate for guests to enjoy. We stayed in the Art Deco room and loved its giant tub and charming details, especially the covered balcony where we could watch the wonderful Kits neighborhood. We really appreciated the privacy afforded guests...the owners live down the street, not down the hall. Don't miss the special antique wine room downstairs...the collection of corkscrews is amazing! We'll be back again, soon!

I can't get enough of this Inn

by TripAdvisor Member Lori-Atlanta

My second stay at the Corkscrew Inn rivaled my first. I can not get enough of the quiet, beautiful Inn and its surrounding neighborhood. From its convenient location, I walk everywhere in Vancouver, but I truly love hanging out right in the Inn and it's surrounding few blocks- exciting shopping, stunning views, amazing restaurants, friendly people. I so enjoy visiting Marnie, the Innkeeper, and Wayne & Sal, the owners. Whether the smell of French toast wafting through the halls or the taste of an amazing new BC syrah, the flavors of the place present themselves deliciously and comfortably. Sal's stained glass is pure eye candy. Not only will I stay no where else in Vancouver, I now try to think of reasons to travel there just for the Corkscrew Inn. Treat yourself and stay there, then relax on the porch with a handful of delicious cherries and soak in the ambience.

As comfortable as home, only better

by TripAdvisor Member CanadaTheresa

If you like to stay in places that are as comfortable as home, only better, than the Corkscrew Inn would be the place for you. It is located in quirky Kitsilano which is a very laid back neighbourhood that is close to everything. A 5 minute walk out the front door and you can be running along the waterfront or swimming in an outdoor Olympic pool (weather willing of course).
The Corkscrew Inn has 5 rooms of which I have stayed in 3 over the years and while they are all very lovely, my preference has been the only one on the main floor which just happens to be the least expensive. I guess it makes me feel as though this is my own place when I can walk right out to the dining room or living room from my bedroom.
The rooms are lovely and the beds are soooo comfortable. Of course, if you love wine, the wine/corkscrew theme is everywhere in good taste. And of course there is always your own personalized corkscrew to take home after your visit.
Ther breakfasts are delicious and full of fresh fruit, good breads and always something hot to eat such as scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and cheese so you never leave hungry.
There are lovely porches to sit on, both back and front which is so charming.

I have always stayed here while traveling for business (oh yes, I forgot they have wireless high speed internet) but I think it is even nicer if you were just here in Vancouver for a visit.
I highly recommend this as a great place to stay. Yes it is a bit pricey but what isn't in Vancouver?
Enjoy

Accommodation Par Excellence

by TripAdvisor Member AZLANMAN

My wife and I spent last week at the homey Corkscrew Inn: 3 nights in the beautifully appointed Art Deco room, 1 night in the elegant British India room, and 3 nights in the tastefully designed Arizona room. Excellent breakfasts were served every morning at 8:30, in the dining room, by "marvellous" Marnie, our host, who not only took great pains to provide our requested dietary options: my wife with an ensemble of vegelicious vegan creations, and me with multifarious vegetarian cococtions, all of which were delicious, but also went out of her way to recommend and guide us, based on the subjective priorities she managed to glean during our numerous conversations, to specific places of interest for us to visit in the Vancouver area. I cannot praise her too highly for her warmth, her wit, and her wisdom!

Furthermore, we had the pleasure of spending a little time with Giles (Marnie's fiance), and the proprieters, Wayne and Sal, each of whom made us feel most welcome. Generally, we tend to stay in hotels during our holidays, but we made an exception to that rule in our decision to stay at the aesthetically uplifting and cosy Corkscrew Inn, situated in picturesque Kitsilano - I'm very glad we did!

Comments