Empire Landmark Hotel

Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center
Priceline.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Great Stay and Awesome Location!

I really enjoyed my stay here at the Empire Landmark Hotel. No, it wasn't first class and brand new, but it was everything that we needed. We were on the 32nd floor and had an awesome view of Stanley Park and the water. Plus, we were right on Robson! They had underground parking which was great and the staff was very helpful and friendly. The room could have used some updating, but I was surprised at how big it was. The bathroom was a little small but the room had a small sitting area which you don't see much in standard hotel rooms. I really enjoyed how much space we had and the great little balcony we could enjoy our views from.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel, especially if you're looking for a comfortable, clean place to stay that has a really good location.

Also, ask for a student rate! We asked for one and ended up getting a great deal on our room.

Unique Quality: This hotel has great views of Stanley Park and the water - depending on your room. We had a room on the 32nd floor. It was great!

• Worst experience ever.

The hotel itself and the rooms look good. But the service was horrible. Not all members of the hotel staff was incompetent, but the ones we encountered were really rude and unhelpful. Not only did they loose our reservation, but their beds were dirty and i found bug bites on the back the day after.

Unique Quality: nice view, but comes with bugs.

• cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

This is an expensive hotel and I had to stay there because hostes, B&B and average hotels were full! My room was in the 22 floor and the view was great!! From our room we watched the Festival of lights held in English Bay. It's conveniently located in downtown in Robson St.

• Awesome tower

The building is great. The lobby doesn't make you think it's going to be incredible, but it is.
    Rooms are spacious, have kitchen... The view is just AWESOME. You can see the sea, the street, the moutains,...
    The service is quite ok and reliable. Plus, there is the revolving restaurant at the top of the building and it's a great dinner experience eventhough it's pricey. The parking lot is easy to access to and from the building.

I would highly recommend this hotel for 2 simple reasons: it's not THAT expensive for spacious,comfortable rooms, beds and bathrooms and a balcony with a breathtaking view of Downtown. It's also located on Robson St so you can always walk and find something to eat, go shopping or sunbath on English bay.

Great value for money!!!!

Unique Quality: Great View!!!!

360° revolving restaurant at the top

The comfiest beds! :)

Directions: West End on Robson St.

• katigo's Profile Photo

A room with a view!

In August 2007 the hotel was almost fully booked. The rooms were comfortable yet in some need of renovation The only problem were the elevators of which a couple seemed to be constantly out of order. Sometimes it took 10 minutes to get a ride!

The revolving restaurant on the top floor was marvellous for breakfast and cocktails. The view was magnificient.

Unique Quality: The view from the upper floors! Revolving restaurant!

Directions: On Robson Street within easy walking distance of sights and shopping.

• doreenellen's Profile Photo

High Rise Hotel

43 storey high hotel - we stayed in 21st floor overlooking English Bay.
    The rooms were great with all faclities and very clean. Staff all seemed very pleasant and helpful.
    One good point was the balcony, although narrow, was nice to step outside to take photographs and admire the view over the harbour. We could see the sea planes taking off and flying between the buildings.
    Hotel can be seen on skyline from Stanley Park - highest on left on photo

Unique Quality: The Restaurant on top floor revolves so you have a panaramic view of the mountains and the harbour. It was magnificent at night, with all the lights.
    There is also a coffee shop for a quick snack on the ground floor.
    Also internet in reception.

Directions: 14400 Robson Street

• msison's Profile Photo

Go to the top..

At the tip of downtown Vancouver you'll find the Landmark hotel plus you have a great view of the mountains.

Close to many things and walking distance to shops and a nice cafe to get your first cup of coffee.

More about Empire Landmark Hotel

Excellant stay

We had our first visit to Vancouver and stayed for 4 nights at the Empire Landmark before moving on through the Rockies. When we arrived we were pleasantly greated by the staff. We didn't have to wait very long to check-in and then went up to our room, on the 25th floor.

Our room was very clean and roomy and pleasantly decorated. We had our own balcony which was great as the views were stunning in all directions. We had breakfast in the cafe within the hotel and the food was very good, there was so much choice of food too.

I cannot believe the bad experiences some people have had at the hotel, it just goes to show that you shouldn't always believe what you read.

We will certainly recommend it and when we return in the near future we will stay there again.

Excellent Stay but . . .

We had a wonderful stay at the landmark. Although our opinion of the hotel remains the same - that this is probably the most underutilized asset in Van City - we enjoy returning to the hotel, nonetheless.

this time, we had a beautiful double room on the 33rd floor. At first I was opposed to this but we pushed the beds together and noted that this corner room as a whole was much larger than the middle King/Queen rooms.

The front desk staff seemed like they had reviewed the critiques on this site, as they were courteous and even smiled. Midori even went out of her way to ensure we were taken care of.

All in all - I have to say we enjoyed our stay at the Landmark and downtown Van (of course, downtown is awesome). We still think that with some TLC (ok room remodeling) from the Hong Kong owners, Empire Landmark could really live up to its role on top of Vancouver.

One word of advise, beware of the advertisements about WiFi; as you must be on the executive level 35+ and pay an additional $14.95 and they give you a card. I had my own card in my laptop, so I picked up the signal but could not register/login/access internet. Bummer.

They used to have a dial-up access point but for some reason we were not offered the service this time.

good value for the money during off peak season

I have stayed at this location many years ago when this hotel was still a Sheraton brand. I had loved the location right on Robson and the view was spectacular. However, to be save, I have read the reivews again and found that they were not that positive. But the price was quite attractive. So I decided to give it a try anyways. I found this hotel much better than I had expected. Sure, it is not new and the amenities are not luxurious. But it has everything you need. I find the bed, comforters and pillows very comfortable and clean. Again, the location is excellent and very convenient. I have stayed in this hotel many times during 2004 and one time I have to stay for about 5 nights, so they have upgraded me to a huge room with a separate eating area and wet bar. I will definitely recommend this hotel during the off peak seasons. Hey, for less than CAD$80 what more can you ask for. However, during summer, with a rate around $110, I maybe willing to pay and extra $20 or so and go for a newer hotel.

Not quite as expected

Stayed here on a tour 2003, begining and end, hotel was satisfactory, but elevators do not handle large groups well, poor eating accomodations, but the location is great for shopping, and other restaurants.

Comments