900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 2W6, Canada

Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo

Another CP Rail Hotel

I have not spent anytime in their beds, but had attended Wedding and lunch.
    But two other CR hotels have had me gracing their accommodation.

Unique Quality: Gracious Hotel with space and service fitting to the Hotel architecture.
    but this is the third of %L[Hotel Vancouvers,

Directions: Opposite Christ Church Cathedral on W Georgia and Tiifany's on Burrard

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

The Grand Dame of Vancouver Hotels

Since we only had one night in Vancouver, we decided to splurge and stay at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, the grand dame of Vancouver hotels. Although painful to the wallet (Vancouver is an expensive city), we enjoyed our experience.

Unique Quality: The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a huge ornate hotel in the Fairmont tradition. Its large lobby is full of marble, with a nice bar and two restaurants. The rooms were nice,but not spectacular, but the service was excellent. The concierge was very helpful with advice, which enabled us to see a lot of the city in a very short period. The front desk was also very helpful, giving us both an early check-in and late check-out for no extra charge.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Fancy...

OK, I'm usually a Comfort Inn type of guy, which means this hotel was overwhelming. The service was fantastic - check-in was quick, and they helped me with some of the currency exchange questions I had. Our room was on the 10th floor, and although it was very clean, the quarters felt a little cramped. Cleaning service was top notch. There are a few places to eat on site, but they're a little on the upscale side. Workout facilities were decent. Valet parking is available if you have a car for about $20 a day. Admittedly, a little too fancy for someone like me, who generally stay someplace a little more economical.

• July 4th 2005

I am from los angeles and I just returned and stayed at fairmont hotel vancouver on the gold floor using my aaa membership i called hotel and booked it directly after i had all the expedia , travelocity, etc prices. I got the best deal and the very best service. the hotel is in a great central location. dennis and tracey - your personal conceirges are excellent. the hotel dog - a lab golden mix named mavis is sweet, gentle and friendly. dennis the gold floor manager is the dogs custodian. on the gold floor you get complimentary newspaper, continental breakfast, and happy hour snacks at cocktail hour plus light deserts throughout the day. you just pay for cocktails. a very pleasant personalized experience thanks to the gold floor personnel. by the way we saw robin williams on the floor when we were there with his dog mabel. the hotel is very pet friendly as is the fairmont waterfront with mavis's half sister lab standing guard. we checked out the gold floor at the waterfront and it is a little more modern with similiar rooms and a very courteous friendly concierge lady there who i forgot her name. basically if you are going to fairmont book gold floor!

Unique Quality: i also recommend wedgewood. we had a very friendly fellow show us a room and it was nice with a balcony. the bacchus lounge in the wedgewood is very close to fairmont hotel vancouver right down the streeet and it has open windows right on the street. nice spot for a class of wine. the dinner was good too. we stayed at pan pacific and used the same method to book a room ther for an excellent deal. we negoited free buffet breakfast and gym for three days. the buffet is 28.50 a person. i think we payed 299 canadian at fairmont and 297 at pan pacific. we scouted out the opus but is was not exactly what we were looking for.... so i would suggest fairmont waterfront gold floor and have drinks at bacchus, dinner at aqua something acroos the street, rent bikes and ride to granville island, dinner at brix was excellent and cheaper then bluewater cafe.... bluewater was good but expensive. innsbrook? bc red wine was very good, granville pale ale and cream pale ale was fantastic, joe fortes was okay, sandbar at granville food was very good, gas town is dirty and if you walk to far east and south it is dangerous even in the daytime drug users, alcholics, homeless... very sketchy. we rode bikes through chinatown but did not stop but it is open markets and stores selling stuff and food. rent bikes at denman bike shop the one in the middle of the street it 1/3 price of the one on the corner.

• JudithLindenau's Profile Photo

A Retreat Destination

After a week in this hotel, I was relaxed, pampered, and a little less affluent. But every minute was worth it: the restaurants are good, the health facilities exceptional for a hotel, and the service by staff is outstanding! My only quarrel was with the spotty internet access, but a complaint to the front desk staff motivated them to remove the charge from my bill.

Unique Quality: Great spa services: one of the best massages and manicures I've ever had. Physical fitness and sauna were outstanding for a hotel!

• Biljana's Profile Photo

~HOTEL VANCOUVER~

Unique Quality: Hotel History The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is one of the unique railway hotels built across Canada by the Canadian Pacific and the Canadian National Railways.

The construction of Hotel Vancouver took 11 years, including a 5 year hiatus during the Great Depression. The project was started by CN Rail and was completed in joint partnership with Canadian Pacific Railway. The grand opening took place in 1939, just prior to the Royal visit by King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.

Interesting Facts
    The hotel is the third hotel to be named "Hotel Vancouver".
    The hotel cost $12 million to build.
    The renovation in the 90's cost $70 million.

Directions: The hotel is located a block away from Robson Street and Burrard Street SkyTrain Station. Located just across the street from the Vancouver Art Gallery.

• vero_27's Profile Photo

For expensive tastes....

I only saw it from the outside, but it looks so beautiful that i´m sure that in the inside it must be great!!!, just see the picture

• duanestorey's Profile Photo

Fairmont's Best

The Hotel Vancouver, run by Fairmont, is one of the most posh hotels in the downtown core. The annual UBC engineering ball always was held here, and it was a great event.

Unique Quality: Great location.

Directions: Robson and Burrard

• hotshot0428's Profile Photo

I stayed for one night in...

I stayed for one night in this hotel during my employer's corporate New Years Eve party held in one of the classy Ballrooms. The hotel is very nice, with three excellent restaurants, a piano lounge and 2 upper-income bars/cocktail lounges.

Unique Quality: They have swimming pool, sun deck and patio, whirlpool and a full range of exercise equipment.

Directions: The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
    900 West Georgia Street
    Vancouver, BC
    Located in Downtown at the corner of Georgia and Horby St.

• Kindra's Profile Photo

Hotel Vancouver

Hotel Vancouver

Unique Quality: If you have the money, I would recommend this hotel (downtown with central location) or the Pan Pacific(right next to Canada Place right on the water).

• NataliaS's Profile Photo

There are lots of places to...

There are lots of places to stay in Vancouver in lots of price ranges - if you have the bucks, my favorite hotel is the Hotel Vancouver - it was built in the 1930's, and is Vancouver's Grande Dame hotel - very elegant, european style service, antique furnishings...everything you'd expect from an old world hotel.
    Not sure, but it's a 4 diamond (maybe 5) hotel, so it costs accordingly

Unique Quality: You could spend the weekend here and never leave the hotel - it has a first class spa and pool area, two great restaurants and beautiful lounge, and one of the most beautiful ballrooms in Vancouver.

Directions: In the heart of downtown at Georgia and Burrard - walking distance from Robson St (Vancouver's Rodeo Drive), and both main Entertainment areas (Granville street, and Gastown)

• Carmanah's Profile Photo

Vancouver's landmark of old world class

There is no other hotel like the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. It was one of the first hotels built in the city and it is certainly one of the most recognizable buildings in the city skyline. Originally constructed in the late 1880's for the CPR to attract tourists arriving by train, the Hotel Vancouver is the top vintage hotel in the city, in my opinion. No other hotel in Vancouver has the history, architecture, and old world class than the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver.

I've always admired this hotel as a local resident. The architecture alone brings out the cameras. While I had attended a Christmas party here once and have had drinks in its luxurious lobby, I had never stayed here before. That was, until a Friday night in April 2005.

My boyfriend's company was throwing a corporate party at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver's "Roof" lounge on a Friday night. As a treat, he decided to book a room for us at the hotel for one night, even though we live a few blocks away! The Hotel Vancouver has always been fairy-tale like to me... and it was a dream come true to stay there!

We first checked in in the early evening. We stayed in a smoking suite on the 3rd floor facing the courtyard. As soon as we walked in, we realized this suite was larger than our apartment! We appreciated the old world beauty of the room quickly, and then went down to the main floor for dinner.

The lobby of the Hotel Vancouver has several choices. There's the 900 West Lounge, which is pretty upscale and adult-oriented. It has a full menu, a tapas menu, and a lengthy drink list. We had been there before, so I suggested checking out Griffins, their full menu sit-down restaurant.

Unique Quality: The staff at the Hotel Vancouver provide excellent customer service! Their customer service is better than most hotels I've stayed at in my past. Everyone I spoke to was warm, friendly, and offered help if we needed it. . Even housekeeping in the morning, when she realized that we were still in our room, welcomed us with a "good morning!", and then offered to get us more coffee for our insuite coffee maker!

Inside the suite was decored with an old English style. There was dark wood furniture, luxrious armchairs, armoires, cabinets and tables. There was a large dresser with many drawers - ideal if you were staying longer.

The weekend newspaper (Globe & Mail) was hung on our door in a nice black cloth bag on Friday night so that on Saturday morning, we'd have something to read. There was a large, spacious, swing-door closet by the front door with hangers, an iron, and an ironing board.

In the bathroom were terry-cloth robes, with an assortment of good-quality bath products.
    A nice touch was the French doors dividing the bedroom from the living room - it was quite spatious!

All people staying in the hotel have access to the gym and the rooftop swimming pool and courtyard. Our suite had two windows looking out to this swimming pool, and it looked quite nice!

For people on business, they actually provide quiet office spaces for those that want to work outside of their hotel suites.

Our room also had 2 TV's, a mini fridge with wet bar, and a tempting basket of snacks. Room service also had a tempting menu!

If you're looking to splurge a little on a vintage hotel in the most central location of downtown Vancouver where you can walk to most of the city's attractions, the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver would be my choice!

Directions: In the heart of downtown Vancouver on the south side of Georgia Street between Burrard and Hornby.

More about Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

Griffin's at Hotel Vancouver

by toontown

A co-worker recommended going to Griffin's at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Has anyone been in the evening for dinner? The main attraction she mentioned seemed to be a dessert buffet (we are all chocoholics) but the only info online I can get refers to Sunday brunch. Thanks!
(P.S. There are zero VT tips on this restaurant so if I end up going I'll be sure to write one!)

Re: Griffin's at Hotel Vancouver

by royalempress

We have been to Griffin's at the Fairmont many times and have always loved it. We have never had the dessert buffet but have enjoyed deserts from the menu. I would consider Griffin's one of the best restaurants that I've been to.

Highly recommended...

by royalempress

I might mention that the Piano Bar is also very nice. There has always been entertainment when we have been there..

by rmdw

I've been to Griffin's for the lunch buffet a few times. Very good. A little pricey, but very good! If there's a chocolate buffet offered then rest assured that it'll be delicious.

Don't eat for 2 to 3 days ahead of time!

Robert

by royalempress

My mistake, I guess Griffin's is not the dinner restaurant at Fairmont. It is the other middle priced restaurant which is OK, but not as deluxe as the dinner restaurant.

by YVRDave

The Sutton Place Hotel, 1block south, has a chocolate buffet on friday and saturday evenings that is rated The Best in Vancouver.
To me Griffins is the coffee shop for the Hotel Van, but is better than most restaurants.

Re: Griffin's at Hotel Vancouver

by toontown

Thanks for the advice. We went and it was great! We're going back again soon!

Comments