Four Seasons Vancouver

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Laurel16's Profile Photo

Fabulous Bed!

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The overall interior of the hotel wasn't as nice as I expected but it was clean and neat. I will tell you, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud - the best bed I've slept in! The hotel is across the street from the Vancouver Museum of Art and I had the good fortune of staying when they had the DaVinci "Mechanics of Man" exhibit, which was amazing. The hotel is also attached to a mall, which was great for a bit of shopping and grabbing a bite to eat when we didn't feel like walking outdoors. Overall, it's a nice hotel with an excellent location, polite staff and I would recommend it.

Unique Quality: Great beds!

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Centrally in Vancouver

I liked the hotel because it is centrally located in Downtown Vancouver. The amenities are those of a city hotel with some luxury amenities thrown in. The hotel was good - though I having been spoiled by hotels of this class in Asia it did not blow me off my feet.

• guybert's Profile Photo

One of the better Hotels in Vancouver!

Our hotel was very nice, 5 stars acommodations. It have a massive lobby where the front desk was located which you have to go up to the second floor to get to. I think the reasoning for that is that on the bottom floor it is actually attached to a shopping mall, so it is better for security purposes.

Unique Quality: Our room which was located on the 23rd floor had a very nice view of the town, harbor area & of the mountains (when it wasn't to cloudy). It was relaxing just to sit there with a drink in your hands & watching traffic, or the boats, or the sea planes as they went about their business.

Directions: You are within a few blocks from Gastown & from the docks where the cruise ships come & dock for a day or two as the make there way up to view the glaciers along the Alaskan coast.

More about Four Seasons Vancouver

Excellent Hotel

My husband and I stayed in the Four Seasons, Vancouver as part of our honeymoon, we found this hotel to be an excellent hotel. They went out of there way to make our honeymoon special. Very central to everything in Vancouver. The staff are very courteous and friendly. The rooms are spacious and luxurious. Breakfast was the usual 'four seasons' standard. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and will be returning

Great Stay: Excellent Service; Missed an In-Room Coffeemaker

by TripAdvisor Member TarheelTraveler

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons Vancouver on two different occasions during our one week visit to Canada this month. Both stays were excellent; however rooms were slightly different so I'll divide this review into categories.

Visit One: Two nights, Room on 21st floor.
Prior to our visit I worked with the Sheron, one of the hotel's concierge for seaplane reservations to Victoria, restaurant reservations, etc. She was wonderful, and her assistance truly enhanced our visit. Our room was spacious, comfortable, and attractive. We had a nice view of the rainy skyline. Our room was equipped with a queen bed, writing desk, and lounge chair for reading. The bed was adorned with an attractive french matalasse bedspread and after turndown service, the bed took on a new persona...a cozy, fluffy bed with nice linens and a thin duvet. Housekeeping was excellent throughout our stay. The hotel offered French toiletries. The bathroom was a small to average size marbled bathroom with the vanity on one side along with a fantastic make-up mirror on the wall.

Room service was prompt, and the food was average to above average. Valet service was also prompt; and they had a great knack at remembering our names. It must have been our Southern accents.:)

Visit 2: 10th floor
The valet staff welcomed us back. We liked our room on the 21st floor so much more and are so glad we had that for two nights instead of this one. The odd thing is that we paid more for the room on the second visit, and the room was smaller, more cramped, and less of a view. I thought I had booked a moderate so we were kind of puzzled when we arrived, and they said this room was a superior. We had booked a moderate room on our first visit and that room was more spacious, had more glass windows, and a better view in our opinion. Also, the first room had a better location. This particular room was in a corner, and the lay-out was entirely different. The bathroom was smaller because the toilet was part of the vanity area so you lost counter space, and a table was placed in the bathroom to hold the hairdryer and washclothes. We joked that our first room must have been the superior and they realized their mistake in an upgrade, and brought us back down to a moderate on the second visit. There was nothing wrong with the room at all, but we liked the first one better and I rarely stay in the exact same hotel on two different occasions so it's probably a very common occurance. On our second visit, the general manager welcomed us back with a complimentary tray of different waters which was a nice welcomed touch.

Overall Service: Five stars

Location: Five stars

Room Appearance: Four out of five stars. This is an older hotel, but they've done a good job of keeping it updated. It's only that once you see a brand new Four Seasons resort then you realize it's not as nice as other Four Seasons properties.

Food: Four stars. We only had room service. I did miss having an in-room coffeemaker. It's a nice touch to make a cup of coffee upon waking and not have to rely on room service for it.

Overall, I would choose this hotel again. One of my reasons for not staying here again would be the absence of the coffemaker. The Four Seasons in Whistler had one so I don't understand why this hotel did not.

First class

by TripAdvisor Member ocean23

Spent three nights beginning of March and got what we expected from a Four Seasons hotel - great service, great room and great location. In fact, if you are in Vancouver for shopping, this has to be the premier place. Their restaurant "Chartwell" is also in our view one of the top restaurants in Vancouver.

Just over the border

by TripAdvisor Member jafb

I have stayed at this property many times over the years. The service is consistently to a high standard: turn down service, newspapers per your order, room service always correct and on time. Plenty of towels etc.

Rooms can be a bit sterile and would benefit from having a plant or flower arrangement added. Nonetheless, the overall quality of the accommodation makes for a fabulous stay.

Direct entrance from lobby to high end shopping mall.

Chartwell Restaurant is subdued with highest quality service and food. Some of the meals there have been out of this world. Very attentive.

Prices are more expensive during the summer months. It can be a very good value the rest of the year.

very disappointed

I had an extremely bad experience in that our room was not ready for us at check in time. I was told FOUR times that it would be ready in 15 mins and to check back.. which I did at 15 min intervals. The delay in getting our room and luggage resulted in my wife and I being unable to attend one of the two functions that was the whole purpose of our trip.

Comments