Georgian Court Hotel

Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Trains Food and Dining
See Amenities

Horrifying Hotel Experience

by written on June 13, 2012

I picked this hotel cause I thought I would try something different as they claimed to have "women" only floors and I thought why not. But to my surprise, I felt I had entered a brothel. Maybe they are trying to promote an image of "women only floors" to counteract the horrific number of what appears to be like prostitutes going into the other floors with men. I felt terribly unsafe, and demeaned as a woman. How can management not doing something about this brothel they have going on.

This hotel is everything opposite from what they promote. For supposedly being a 4 star hotel, it is like another person wrote on this site, more like a 2 star hotel. The rooms were unclean, glasses had fingerprints on them, towels and linens seemed old rags, service and smiles seemed quite false and pretentious; definitely not genuine. Food at the restaurant was not good and overpriced; not good and overpriced is exactly how I feel about this hotel in general.

I thought I would try and speak to the general manager and point out my experience in hopes that they can improve their hotel. I was told the general manager was too busy! And then I sent in an email, but I have yet to hear back from anyone. They are a terribly unresponsive group!

Women beware - this is not a hotel that treats women or allows women to be treated with respect.

Unique Quality: Women beware. This is a horrible hotel. They promote "women's only floors", but it is more like a brothel for men and their other guests. Not safe and not a hotel that treats women with respect.

Horrible Hotel Experience

by written on June 13, 2012

Unique Quality: Nothing is good. They have promoted a "women's" only floor, but if you see the other guests, this hotel is really a brothel.

Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Very Nice Accomodations

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 25, 2011

Stayed here with a friend who was in Vancouver for business. It is located right across the street from BC Place.

We had a standard double room which was quite nice. Comfy beds with nice bedding. Standard desk / chair plus a table and two chairs by the window. Fair amount of room. Coffee maker with Seattle's Best Coffee is provided, as well as tea.

Unique Quality: They provide free bottled water in the room, and there is extra at the front desk. No charge.

Aveada products in the bathroom!

Directions: Good location for visiting Yaletown and Gastown

2.5 hotels in Mexico were better then this

by written on October 5, 2009

I had some real expectations when I checked into your hotel after hearing and reading how great of a hotel you guys "are". After all you are a "4.5" star hotel, But I must say my stay with you guys was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a hotel.

When we checked in we had to wait for 15 minutes for even a "hello". When all was said and done and I was ready to go to my nice room after a 6 hr drive, I waited another 15 minutes for the elevator to come around, only to find I was sent to the wrong room.

Then once that was sorted out and I was in my room I wanted to go out on the deck for a smoke, but the door in that room to get out to the deck is broken. If you look to the top right you'll see the other door has been warped, making it a pain in the ass to open.

At one point in the night after getting tired of waiting 15 minutes for the elevator either way every time, I asked the front desk men if there were stairs we could use instead of waiting. I was told "Guest aren't allowed to use the stairs". I cannot believe you people do not have stairs! If my dog were to poop on your floor I would not feel bad for this reason, I wouldn't clean it up either.

But the most despicable thing... When I was on the phone I was told my dog would get treats and bowls, no such a thing! I had to feed her out of a (hopefully clean, but i'm not too sure about your 4.5 star standards anymore) cigarette ashtray. I was also told on the phone parking was 16$, what a surprise that was on my visa bill that you charge 26$?!
When you hear a hotel is 4.5 stars you think "wow service will be great, the rooms will be awesome..." so on so such. Yet, I've stayed in 2.5 hotels in Mexico that were better then your glammed up crack house. I just cannot believe I paid almost 300$ to stay at your hotel, I honestly feel robbed, and I'm going to let every website that has reviews about you know just how horrifying my experience at your hotel was.

Unique Quality: At night I went to turn on the light by the bed, but it was broken and I had to pee, I couldn't see so I stubbed my toe.

Directions: out side BC place

colares's Profile Photo

Good location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2009

We stayed in this hotel several times during our stay in Vancouver July 09. Room rate included full breakfast in the restaurant, which was good.
Rooms clean and of sufficient size. The hotel was undergoing certain improvements (painting) which did not disturb. There is free internet on two computers in their business center. All major attractions can be reached easyly by foot (or bike) and an underground parking is available at 13 Dollars a day.
We stayed in the 8th floor in a court room. There is a constant limited noise from the building opposite the hotel, which we heard, but did not really disturbed during the night.
Staff was always very helpfull and friendly.

ejvigil's Profile Photo

Wonderful place

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2006

The '4 Star', Boutique style, Georgian Court, with its cozy duvets and pillow top mattresses provides a restful, inviting retreat, just steps away from city wide shopping, entertainment and business venues. With a warm and friendly welcome from the staff, you will know you're at home in a special place.

'General Motors Place' is just a slap shot away, 'BC Place Stadium', 'The Queen Elizabeth Theatre' and the 'Centre for Performing Arts', are all within a 3 minute walk. Gastown, Yaletown and downtown business centres are just minutes away.

All 180 spacious and warmly appointed guest rooms and suites feature luxurious duvets, top of the line mattresses, complimentary high-speed internet, 2 line phones with voice mail, windows that open and personal climate control. Enjoy one of the City's finest dining experiences at the Internationally renowned 'William Tell', or for a more casual fare, The Beatty Street Bar & Grill, The Bistro or the Seasonal Outdoor Patio.

Additionally there is a fitness centre with 'Life Fitness' cardio and strength equipment and a whirlpool and sauna. For those with cars, the self park, gated underground garage provides easy accessible convenience.

would i stay here again... DEFINITELY!!!!

Nearby Georgian Court Hotel

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Vancouver Travel Forum

Need advice about Vancouver, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Vancouver and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vancouver hotel reviews