773 Beatty St, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 2M4, Canada

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Horrifying Hotel Experience

I picked this hotel cause I thought I would try something different as they claimed to have "women" only floors and I thought why not. But to my surprise, I felt I had entered a brothel. Maybe they are trying to promote an image of "women only floors" to counteract the horrific number of what appears to be like prostitutes going into the other floors with men. I felt terribly unsafe, and demeaned as a woman. How can management not doing something about this brothel they have going on.

This hotel is everything opposite from what they promote. For supposedly being a 4 star hotel, it is like another person wrote on this site, more like a 2 star hotel. The rooms were unclean, glasses had fingerprints on them, towels and linens seemed old rags, service and smiles seemed quite false and pretentious; definitely not genuine. Food at the restaurant was not good and overpriced; not good and overpriced is exactly how I feel about this hotel in general.

I thought I would try and speak to the general manager and point out my experience in hopes that they can improve their hotel. I was told the general manager was too busy! And then I sent in an email, but I have yet to hear back from anyone. They are a terribly unresponsive group!

Women beware - this is not a hotel that treats women or allows women to be treated with respect.

Unique Quality: Women beware. This is a horrible hotel. They promote "women's only floors", but it is more like a brothel for men and their other guests. Not safe and not a hotel that treats women with respect.

• Horrible Hotel Experience

Unique Quality: Nothing is good. They have promoted a "women's" only floor, but if you see the other guests, this hotel is really a brothel.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Very Nice Accomodations

Stayed here with a friend who was in Vancouver for business. It is located right across the street from BC Place.

We had a standard double room which was quite nice. Comfy beds with nice bedding. Standard desk / chair plus a table and two chairs by the window. Fair amount of room. Coffee maker with Seattle's Best Coffee is provided, as well as tea.

Unique Quality: They provide free bottled water in the room, and there is extra at the front desk. No charge.

Aveada products in the bathroom!

Directions: Good location for visiting Yaletown and Gastown

• 2.5 hotels in Mexico were better then this

I had some real expectations when I checked into your hotel after hearing and reading how great of a hotel you guys "are". After all you are a "4.5" star hotel, But I must say my stay with you guys was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a hotel.

When we checked in we had to wait for 15 minutes for even a "hello". When all was said and done and I was ready to go to my nice room after a 6 hr drive, I waited another 15 minutes for the elevator to come around, only to find I was sent to the wrong room.

Then once that was sorted out and I was in my room I wanted to go out on the deck for a smoke, but the door in that room to get out to the deck is broken. If you look to the top right you'll see the other door has been warped, making it a pain in the ass to open.

At one point in the night after getting tired of waiting 15 minutes for the elevator either way every time, I asked the front desk men if there were stairs we could use instead of waiting. I was told "Guest aren't allowed to use the stairs". I cannot believe you people do not have stairs! If my dog were to poop on your floor I would not feel bad for this reason, I wouldn't clean it up either.

But the most despicable thing... When I was on the phone I was told my dog would get treats and bowls, no such a thing! I had to feed her out of a (hopefully clean, but i'm not too sure about your 4.5 star standards anymore) cigarette ashtray. I was also told on the phone parking was 16$, what a surprise that was on my visa bill that you charge 26$?!
    When you hear a hotel is 4.5 stars you think "wow service will be great, the rooms will be awesome..." so on so such. Yet, I've stayed in 2.5 hotels in Mexico that were better then your glammed up crack house. I just cannot believe I paid almost 300$ to stay at your hotel, I honestly feel robbed, and I'm going to let every website that has reviews about you know just how horrifying my experience at your hotel was.

Unique Quality: At night I went to turn on the light by the bed, but it was broken and I had to pee, I couldn't see so I stubbed my toe.

Directions: out side BC place

• colares's Profile Photo

Good location

We stayed in this hotel several times during our stay in Vancouver July 09. Room rate included full breakfast in the restaurant, which was good.
    Rooms clean and of sufficient size. The hotel was undergoing certain improvements (painting) which did not disturb. There is free internet on two computers in their business center. All major attractions can be reached easyly by foot (or bike) and an underground parking is available at 13 Dollars a day.
    We stayed in the 8th floor in a court room. There is a constant limited noise from the building opposite the hotel, which we heard, but did not really disturbed during the night.
    Staff was always very helpfull and friendly.

• ejvigil's Profile Photo

Wonderful place

The '4 Star', Boutique style, Georgian Court, with its cozy duvets and pillow top mattresses provides a restful, inviting retreat, just steps away from city wide shopping, entertainment and business venues. With a warm and friendly welcome from the staff, you will know you're at home in a special place.

'General Motors Place' is just a slap shot away, 'BC Place Stadium', 'The Queen Elizabeth Theatre' and the 'Centre for Performing Arts', are all within a 3 minute walk. Gastown, Yaletown and downtown business centres are just minutes away.

All 180 spacious and warmly appointed guest rooms and suites feature luxurious duvets, top of the line mattresses, complimentary high-speed internet, 2 line phones with voice mail, windows that open and personal climate control. Enjoy one of the City's finest dining experiences at the Internationally renowned 'William Tell', or for a more casual fare, The Beatty Street Bar & Grill, The Bistro or the Seasonal Outdoor Patio.

Additionally there is a fitness centre with 'Life Fitness' cardio and strength equipment and a whirlpool and sauna. For those with cars, the self park, gated underground garage provides easy accessible convenience.

would i stay here again... DEFINITELY!!!!

More about Georgian Court Hotel

Loved the Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DavidsTravels

Had a fantastic stay in June for 3 nights. This is the second time I have stayed here. The bedrooms are great and the beds really comfortable. The breakfast is great too. The service is brilliant and not gushy as you would normally find in some american hotels and the staff are genuine. The spa and steam room are an ideal place to relax after a hard day. I will definitely stay at the Georgian Court hotel again.
The only negative comment I have is when we were checking out we asked for them to order a taxi which they never did so we were late checking in at the airport for the flight home, normally this wouldn't have been a problem but it was a Friday afternoon and there was a big UN conference in town so taxis were scarce.

Always a wonderful stay

by TripAdvisor Member HappyFamilyVancouver

My wife and I enjoy a well needed break in a one bedroom suite in the Georgian Court reciently. We have been to this hotel several times and love it. The rooms are large, alway perfectly clean and the beds are awsome. The hotel staff makes you feel like you are a valued client. The location couldn't be better if attending a sporting event of show in Vancouver. definately in this case smaller is better.

Quiet and clean room, friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingTimes

We stayed at the Georgian Court for 5 days during the best weather during late August. Our room was on the top floor and we parked our rental car in the hotel garage for $9 a night. I recommend renting a car to go exploring Lynn Canyon Park and the hilly, ritzy areas of North and West Van. The park/beach along West Van was a good time spent.

This hotel is in a great spot, an alternative to dealing with congestion in the central downtown area. It was easy to get anywhere from our location. Our window faced the sports stadium, and since there were no games that week, it was blissfully quiet . We fiddled with the A/C vents so the cold air wouldn't be blasting on our faces while trying to sleep. The other minor complaint we had was the lower water pressure in the shower. Next door at the YMCA lobby, I was able to check email and do research on the Internet for a small fee (coin-operated). The coffee stand at the Y, run by a friendly young man, sells pastries and java for a very reasonable price.

At night we walked to the trendy and pricey Yaletown area for dinner. Several times, we had to get past a few panhandlers who worked the area but there was no danger of being mugged or attacked. In general, Vancouver is a lovely city and we would stay at the Georgian Court again.

just okay

by TripAdvisor Member Charlotte123

This hotel is okay--it's decently clean and the front desk staff is very helpful. But I wasn't crazy about the neighborhood. While we weren't far from Robson and some other stuff, I wouldn't want to be strolling this neighborhood in the wee small hours. Still, it was good enough for our one night stay. One minor annoyance: ice machines/soda machines are only on every few floors, so getting a bucket of ice turns out to be an adventure rather than a stroll down the hallway. Would I stay here again? Maybe. The staff and the property were fine and clean, but the location wasn't my top choice.

nice, beware football game

by TripAdvisor Member raylee11

nice, clean room. friendly staff (except front desk guy didn't know the cannery restaurant?).

breakfast buffet average.

noisy friday nite with football game. hotel is right across from bc place. hootin' and hollerin' done by 11 pm tho. so much for early bedtime for early morning flight.

great location, nice place

by TripAdvisor Member maresa

We stayed here one night before our cruise and two nights after the cruise. Great front desk staff and housekeeping staff. Rooms are large and clean. Easy walk to the sky train and easy to get a cab----about $8 to/from the bus/train station and about the same to/from the cruise terminal. Would definitely stay here again.

Vancouver Meet

by YVRDave

Ulrich and Ulla have posted a Meet for July 4th. The place is The Beatty Street Grill in The Georgian Court Hotel at 530pm for drinks. Dinner to follow at an as of yet local.
Please sign up