Holiday Inn Downtown Vancouver

IHG Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• petriojk's Profile Photo

Nice hotel, nice location

Decent hotel. I had room in second floor on Howe street side and there was some noise from traffic, I recomend upper floors. Bike rental next door (Lo-Cost Rent-A-Car & Truck), east by Helmcken st., but they were out of bikes so I had to walk east end of Davie st. to Reckless Bike store to rent a bike (~30CAD/5h).

Room was around 100-150 CAD, breakfast buffee ~15 CAD.

Unique Quality: Pool, gym, sauna and Internet included in price.

Directions: Intersection of Howe and Helmcken

• jamiesno's Profile Photo

Great Holiday Inn and Location

My hotel room at the Holiday Inn was very nice and clean. The hotel had a great buffet breakfast and nice staff. But most importantly the location was as perfect as you will find in downtown Vancouver. It was centrally located downtown and all the main sites and endless places to eat are all within walking distance.

I would certainly stay here again.

Unique Quality: The hotel also has a concierge desk who are very helpful with city and tour information. I used this desk a lot of get my bearing straight and just ask whatever questions I had. They seemed to have all the answers for sure.

More about Holiday Inn Downtown Vancouver

Nice hotel, nice location.

We arrived at this hotel late in the evening. The front desk (night auditor?) checked us in. He was a little frantic and really appeared to be on speed or something. That left us with kind of a weird feeling.

Otherwise, the hotel was nice. When we booked, we were led to believe we'd have a balcony, but we didn't. The room was well appointed, though, and the bed was comfortable.

The location is great and there's a Starbucks and a sandwich shop across the street. We heartily recommend signing up and using the free Priority Club membership that the hotel group that owns the Holiday Inn offers. As Priority Club members, we had some additional perks that were a nice surprise (including free coffee/tea vouchers and up-front parking). On the downside, the mostly protected parking lot is somewhat open to the air from above and we came out to cigarette ashes on our windshield the following morning.

Free high-speed internet access (not wireless) was also a nice bonus.

Great downtown value

by TripAdvisor Member fifibell

We arrived in Vancouver a night earlier than planned, pulled up and were checked in and parked in minutes. We had a standard room with 2 double beds, it was very spacious and had all the usual room facilities you would expect. We did not have time to use the pool and gym but they also looked good.

It is never going to be an exciting hotel but the room was great (much bigger than the room we then moved to at the trendy Opus which we had already booked at over twice the price), the location is central and the service was good, all you could need for a short stay if you want somewhere better than a basic hotel but cheaper than the top end. Would definitely recommend it for decent accommodation at a good price.

Loved Vancouver Liked The Holiday Inn

Just returned from Vancouver British Columbia. What a wonderful city! Clean, full of flowers and waterfalls and lots to do.
The Holiday Inn Downtown was in a good location to center city activities. The bus to Stanley Park was across the street picking people up twice a day. It is advertised as free but beware it is only free if you go to the aquarium (excellent) or take a horse driven ride around the park. If not it is $2.50. All the main tour buses stop there. The hotel is walking distance from the Art Museum and Robson Street, the "5th Avenue" of Vancouver.
The hotel itself is clean and the staff were very helpful. The two complaints I had were that the elevators were too small and slow. It took us several tries to get up or down in the morning and the walls were thin. The first night some youngsters in the adjoining room woke us up at 5:30 am. We did not eat in the restaurant. The buffet was $13 PP for breakfast. We ate nearby for that price for two.

Vancouver is a wonderful city! Plenty of diverse restaurants, a magnificent park, aquarium , and wonderful water views. Nearby is Capilano, a suspension bridge and rain forest-- wonderful! About 2 hours away is Whistler, an Alpine ski village. In the summer dirt bikes and gondolas were busy.
From Vancouver you can drive about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to Seattle. It is an easy drive except for the delays at customs each way.
The weather in August was perfect. In the low-mid 80's. No rain!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member nealf

Check In was flawless and they had the room setup with the extra cot we had requested - the only negative was that the cot was terrible and rather uncomfortable. The room was clean and spacious - the weird thing was that they had the sink outside in th emain room (bathroom consisted of tub and toilet) - this was annoying and created alot of noise when other were sleeping - not ideal.

Location was excellent and can't be beat - a block away from lots of night-clubs, buses to everywhere - this is in the heart of the city.

We ate breakfast at the hotel cafe - learn from our mistake and avoid doing this. The food at the restaurant was overpriced and the protions terribly small. The cereal only covered one-quarter of the bowl thats how little it was and it cost $3.25!
There is a Denny's nearby and other smaller restaurants that will give you eggs for $2.99.

They have a small pool and a little health club area (probably all of 3 machines big).

Be aware that they do charge for parking (in a rather small lot) so factor that into your calculations.

Apart from that I would recommend this hotel as it is very central and has the typical standards of the Holiday Inn chain.

Not good

Stayed here for one night between coming off a transatlantic flight and going on a cruise
Rooms were clean and had everything we needed. However we were on the firstfloor and the hotel does not seem to have decent soundproofing which meant we might as well have been sleeping on the street for the peace and quiet we got. Also the area does not seem the best, with a lot of sex shops in the vacinty. would not stay here again

Hardly any room at the inn!

by TripAdvisor Member Cheebs

On arrival the Holiday Inn seems great... the lobby, corridors and room itself are immaculately clean. Friendly staff and a great location.

I get very excited when I'm told they've checked me into a new Tower Suite. Awesome. With a kitchen. And... something about a special bed that I didn't quite get. Woo hoo!

After traipsing upstairs to the second floor, across half the length of the hotel, up a few more stairs, along the other half-length of the hotel and then up two floors in the lift I arrive outside my Tower Suite. Swipe. Click.

Aggggh. Where's the bed. And the room is tiny. So small, in fact, that the hotel provides just one fold-down bed. Obviously this is the special bed. That'll be because there's no space when the bed's down, and it is all-too-easy to hit one's ankles on the edge of the frame. Ouch.

Then the bathroom had no bath. Just a walk-in shower. This was okay as I was hardly in the hotel, but after a long day hiking around town, it would have been so nice to have a soak in the tub.

So, all things considered, it was okay for somewhere to sleep for a single traveler. But fell well below my expectation for a Holiday Inn and was a disappointment.

rooms

i stayed 3 nights in 3 different rooms. my observations. i agree with a reviewer that . front room. even though i was on a higher floor, i could still hear the traffic with the window shut. rooms not on howe street were quieter.
executive floor rooms. i was in 2 different rooms. the first room was big but the second room resembled the non executive floor room. the difference was in the toiletries and there was a bathrobe and slippers.

Ok, but nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member Godiva-Gracie

We spent a week for a conference in an Executive Level room. It was really a typical conference hotel. Nothing very special. I will say that I'm faily picky about cleanliness, and the room was cleaner than I expected. We didn't always have enough hot water in the morning since the hotel was full. The elevators took forever, and most of the doors off the stairs were alarmed fire doors, so you couldn't use the stairs. The layout of the hotel is a little strange - the elevator closest to our room didn't go to the lobby. Parking was pricey at $15 a day. The block behind the hotel was a kind of scary neighborhood, but the area right around the hotel seemed ok.

bus stops....!!!!

by skokomish

Hi all i have been trying { and given up before i kill my laptop in frustration ) to find out the greyhound to whistler bus pick up points are in downtown vancouver..i.e which hotels ?
I caught the greyhound to whistler 3 years ago but we got a taxi to the bus terminal.
We are staying at the rosedale on robson..does anyone know where the nearest stop to this hotel is and can we buy a ticket on the bus ?
Many thanks Warren...

by elbegewa

Perimeter Bus runs between downtown Vancouver hotels and Whistler

see their webpage re pickup points:

and see their webpage re schedule:

by elbegewa

At Greyhound you can also find their schedules ... may be cheaper ... but it appears to me they leavt from the bus station, not hotels ... but I'm not certain about that.

by yvr

Greyhound does have a few pickup stops along Georgia Street, however there is no signage. I believe they will stop at Georgia and Granville, you must flag them as they pass, however there is some construction at that particular bus stop. I would suggest that once you are in town you give the local depot a call, or you are not staying too far from the bus station, you could could catch a trolley on Robson and Richards #8 Fraser which will take you right past the Pacific Central depot located at Main and Terminal. You could also go into Pacific Centre and take the Skytrain two stops to Main Street Station to get to the bus depot.

by skokomish

Thanks for the info all of you...i think i will go with the perimiter as it says there is a pick up point on hamilton at the rosedale where we are staying :-)

Comments