655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 2R7, Canada

Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Costs 28% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Not satistied!!

My husband is at the Hyatt Regency and he is NOT impressed. He called yesterday to tell Me that breakfast (one poached egg, a toast and a coffee) came to 24 dollars. It was 8 o'clock this morning is Cape Breton (which makes it 4 a.m. in Vancouver), when he called to tell me he had a visitor last night - A MOUSE in his room!! The manager apologized and asked how to "fix" the problem. Offered my husband a free breakfast (but today someone else is paying for breakfast), a free bottle of wine (BUT my husband doesn't drink - at least he didn't before this incident) or a free lunch (who wants to eat where there are mice??). You want to "fix" the problem - GET RID OF THE MICE!!!!!!!!!!!

• AVSENT's Profile Photo

One Of Vancouver's Best

On my stay of Dec. 2008- I got a great deal from Yahoo Travel for a Club level room w/ king bed. As a comparison, I got this room rate at 10.00 CAN less than a King bed room at the Pan Pacific. So, for a lower rate I could have beverages and snacks at anytime. Plus, between 5-8 p.m. they had complimentary hor douvres.
    As I was changing hotels, I received early and late check out just for asking. In fact the Club level Concierge arranged the late check out with a call to the front desk. There were 3 young girls handling each shift; and they were extremely helpful and friendly.
    The hotel itself has nice restaurants and bar. There was also, a nice coffee bar in the lobby where I was able to get a ham croissant sandwich for a price lower than outside the hotel.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a nice underground mall with food and shops. It connects with the walkway to the skytrain.

Directions: Almost directly downtown-close to lots of stuff.

• Canuck5's Profile Photo

In the heart of downtown Vancouver

A very modern, clean, and well-maintained hotel, it rises about 35 stories above Burrard St. The desk staff was helpful and friendly, and I had no problems at check-in or check-out.

The rooms were large, with two queen size beds, cable TV, a fridge with pay-for food items, a powder room, and bathroom. You'll find an ironing board and iron in the closet.

You'll find the usual amenities in the bathroom, including soap, shampoo, conditioner, and a moisturizer. There is also a pull string in the shower stall, which you can use to hang your wet bathing suit, etc.

It is a couple of blocks away from Robson St., where you'll find numerous restaurants, boutiques, and souvenir shops. However, you'll have no problem finding a restaurant to suit your taste....they're everywhere ! It seemed that there was a Japanese sushi place on every block !

For one person at a group rate in 2005, the cost of my room came to CAD$154.00 + $10.78 G.S.T. + $15.40 room tax, for a total of $180.18 per night. (It's likely gone up since then, so check their website.)

Unique Quality: On the fourth floor, they have a nice outdoor pool and whirlpool, as well as a nicely-equipped indoor exercise room. Towels are provided as you enter the exercise room, so you don't need to bring one from your room.

As a security measure, you'll need your room access card to use the elevator, and to access the exercise room/pool area.

The ground floor of the hotel is connected to a number of shops and restaurants.

If you don't want to pay the exorbitant prices for breakfast at the hotel ($12.50 - $20.00 !), you'll find a Tim Horton's donut/coffee shop and a MacDonald's Restaurant beside the entrance to the Hyatt, as well as other options in the shops.

Depending upon which side of the hotel you're on, you may have a bit of a view of the mountains. Keep in mind though, that the hotel is surrounded by other sky-scrapers.

The hotel also has a number of ballrooms and conference rooms of different sizes.

Directions: The YVR Airporter shuttle used to be your best deal getting to/from most of the downtown hotels, however they ceased operation in September, 2009.

The Hyatt is about 3 blocks up from Canada Place on the waterfront, but it isn't on the waterfront though.

• Biljana's Profile Photo

~HYATT~

The only connection I really have to the Hyatt is that my grad took place in one of their ballrooms. The food was great and it was an overall great time.

Unique Quality: I don't tend to think that the Hyatt is a particularly stunning hotel (well at least not the exterior). The inside looks pretty cool and the location is unbeatable.

Directions: One block up from Burrard SkyTrain Station or two blocks from the intersection of Robson Street and Burrard Street.

• Hyatt Regency

This is a very, very nice hotel. When we arrived here we were exhausted from our 3 hour bus ride from Whistler and having stayed up too late the night before. The staff here was more than accomadating, making sure we had everything that we needed. The Hyatt's downtown location is also very nice, lending most of the rooms excellent views of the either the skyline or the harbor, most especially at night. It is also located within walking distance of the hippest street in the city, Robson St., where you can shop, eat, drink, and party in style to your heart's content.

Unique Quality: There is a parking garage for guests, very comfortable beds, and they get an extra high rating on my bathrobe scale: We got 2!!!

Directions: Near intersection of Robson St.

More about Hyatt Regency Vancouver

by joecdn about Hyatt Regency Vancouver

1P: $230 CDN
2P: $265 CDN
XP: $35 CDN largest hotel in Vancouver, connected to the Royal Centre Shopping Mall, floor to ceiling windows in hotel rooms, great views, great decor, great service.

Just average

by TripAdvisor Member AnotherOntarioguy

Checked in mid week in July 2005. I was assigned a large room on the 25th floor. I estimate that it was approximately 500-600 sq ft. and was one of the few rooms with a balcony. This is a big hotel (600 plus rooms and 30 plus floors) and obviously does a good convention and package tour trade. Only 5 elevators which caused a bit of a wait which I imagine could get bad if the hotel was hosting a large convention.
My room and the public areas were a bit tired looking. It is time for some renovations. The King size bed is was old and the matress was rock hard in some places and soft in others. I have been really spoiled by the other chains, Starwood for example, which have really improved their beds over the past few years.
The most annoying thing was the key card system. The key card is required to use the elevator, enter the fitness club and of course to enter your room. At least once a day I had to get my card recoded. Very annoying if for example it worked in the elevator and then did not when you arrived at your room. This happened to me twice. Never happens to me anywhere else.
Turndown service was available but by request only. Bathroom towels were not very luxurious.
On the plus, close to the Robson Street action, 24hr Tim Hortons and McDonalds are attached, fitness club was decent, work area in the room was fine.

Reading this over I sound like a picky bugger but there are better hotels for the same $ in downtown Vancouver.

O.K. hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member grram1

Pros: Great downtown location... convienient to lots of shopping, food, and attractions. Staff is very friendly and helpfull. Nice gym (for a hotel). Dirt cheap price if booked through Priceline or Hotwire (listed on both as a 4 star downtown).

Cons: High price to park... $24/night CAD (though somewhat expected for the area), room size is a little on the small size, beds weren't comfortable (they were hard and seemed cheap), our room (1111) let in a lot of light... it was only marginally dark from about 10:00 p.m. to 4:30 a.m., other than that the curtains did little to slow the light (around 5:00 a.m. every morning a beam of light would aim directly at the pillows). Ice was only available on the 4'th floor (and required a room card to get in).

The price, location and staff were enough for me to give it a 3-dot rating, the room itself was unimpressive.

Great restaurant, great location, good service, DISAPPOINTING ROOM

by TripAdvisor Member asianphilosopher

The Hyatt Regency Hotel is centrally located in downtown Vancouver within close walking distance of Robson Street, Pacific Centre Mall, Stanley Park and other local attractions.

The check-in process was fast and friendly. When I went to my hotel room, however, I was very disappointed in the quality of the bed. It was very squeaky. The mattress was of a 2-star hotel quality. Having stayed at hotels such as the Sheraton or Westin Hotels which have the "Heavenly Bed" program, this bed was extremely disappointing. I immediately went to the front desk to complain and they explained that they were undergoing a bed upgrade process that would not be completed until 2006. They did, however, offer to immediately change the mattress. I was reasonably happy with the replacement mattress they provided. Although the replacement mattress was much improved, it was still not on par with other 4 or 5 star hotels like the Westin Hotel & the Four Seasons Hotel.

The furnishings of the room were average. Nothing fancy here. The shower could have been better with higher water pressure and multiple shower-heads like the Westin Hotel. There was a lack of any shower gel or sewing kit that often comes with even 3-star hotels! The quality of the towels were poor. For a hotel of this calibre, they should be much thicker and more plush.

The television quality was average. The quality of the bedding was sub-standard compared to other hotels of the same class (e.g. Westin Hotel, Four Seasons Hotel, Sutton Place Hotel)

Free high speed internet should be provided free of charge, in my opinion. 3-star hotels often include it free of charge while 4/5 star hotels often charge for high speed internet access. This doesn't make much sense to me.

The restaurant (Bistro) on the 2nd floor of the hotel was excellent. Top-notch quality food. Our waiter (an Asian guy by the name of Oscar) was excellent. He provided great service and offered useful tourist information to us. The decor/ambience of the restaurant was excellent. The French onion soup was the best I’ve ever had. I had lamb shanks for my entree. The taste was excellent. My girlfriend had the seafood/scallops entree. It too was excellent.

Valet service was excellent although expensive ($24.95/night with in & out privileges). A quick phone call downstairs led to my car being ready within minutes.

The fitness room was acceptable. The equipment was not as high-end as many top-tier hotels I have stayed at. The outdoor pool was heated but not very long for lane swimming purposes. It could have been deeper and longer in length. There was also a decent hot tub outside. Nothing specatular.

I originally paid $70 USD for the hotel with Priceline. Considering the regular rate is about $300/night, this was a great deal. At the check-in counter, I “upgraded” the room to one with a better view for an extra charge of $25/night in Canadian dollars (about $20USD). The view was okay. The room had a somewhat obstructed view of the harbour.

Overall, the hotel was worth the money I paid for it (about $125/night Canadian dollars), but not worth anything close to their regular retail rate (over $250/night). I enjoyed the restaurant but the other aspects of the hotel were disappointing. I would rate this no higher than a four star hotel.

I left similar comments as this online review for hotel management. I will await to see if they respond and offer any deals to entice me to come back. Until they upgrade their rooms, I would be cautious in recommending this hotel.

Comments