Landis Hotel And Suites

Costs 252% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Landis Hotel And Suites

Superb, great place.

by TripAdvisor Member KiwiCanuckNZ

This was a very good property, offering exceptional value for money. We stayed in the Deluxe Two Bedroom apartment which has two bathrooms. The suite was very well sized, with ample kitchen and living areas, and the bedrooms were also large and well appointed. The amenities were modern and the apartment was clean and well serviced.

The Landis has a good fitness facility and the pool and spa area is well above average for this sized property.

The complimentary breakfast however did not match the rest of the property, and after the first morning, we chose to self cater in the apartment.

The staff and service were excellent, and the property is in a good location, albeit much closer to Granville Island and Yaletown, and a slight walk to the Robson St shopping area and Gastown.

Would we stay there again? Absolutely yes, this is a property that offers great value, and has taken care to ensure it keeps it’s rooms and facilities updated.

not clean

by TripAdvisor Member Canada-eh

We've stayed here about half a dozen times previously. This would indicate we used to really like this place. The last two times, we've come away disappointed and after this last visit, I will be looking elsewhere when I go to Vancouver.

First, the good points: The rates are good value for the money, the breakfast (included in room rate) is the best I've ever encountered, and the location is great: not in the hustle and bustle yet close to everything.

Now to what I'm not happy with. We've noticed in our last two stays the rooms are getting grungy. Dirty carpets, a stale smell, and surfaces are smudged rather than clean. The worst part, however, is the bedding. For me, this is the deal breaker. The last two times, the bedding has had an odor of someone's body, especially the pillows. On this last visit, I was disgusted to turn the sheets down and notice they were all crinkled. I hoped it was simply because of poor bed-making and not being properly tucked in. When I sat down to get in, I noticed body hair on the sheets -- yes, folks, someone's body hair!

We left and I wrote the details on their 'how was your stay' card -- I even signed it with my name and contact information ... no one from the hotel has ever contacted me to apologize, to ask more questions, or anything. I'll never go there again.

If you go, and you like a clean room, ask to see the rooms first.

Really enjoyed this hotel and suites

by TripAdvisor Member Gerry/Linda

Stayed at the Landis for 9 nights and it was a great experience. The front desk was one of the best that I have come across in my travels as they were more than willing to help us out.
Went down to the continental breakfast and met the most interesting people from Australia and Americans spending a night before they headed off on their Alaskan Cruise. The breakfast itself was better than most, coffee was very good and so were the juices.
The pool you shared with the Marriot suites and was quite good and never busy.
Rooms was very nice and better than many hotel rooms. Some furniture might have to be replaced but was still in half decent shape.
The view was great as we had the penthouse for the last two nights and what a view.
Thank you to the staff for making our stay so enjoyable especially the front desk. Yes I would stay there again.
Gerry Petryk/Linda Glasier

SPectacular service

by TripAdvisor Member Amerific

Great Suites! So much space! It's hard to find accommodations in downtown that actually give you space! it was wonderful having a kitchen, they could do with a few more pans for cooking but still wonderful! The maid service was impeccable, my bedding and towels were cleaned to perfection. Everytime I got home from my day I was feeling good! I loved starting my day off with the great free breakfast and ending it with a jump in the pool. The front desk staff was so helpful and friendly. Anything I needed they helped me find. It was much more than I could have hoped for. They even have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere in downtown.

Great job, I will be back

Friendly, clean and convenient

by TripAdvisor Member SkatingFanCalgary

My friends and I stayed in a clean 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite, complete with full kitchen. We found the staff, particularly Khaled, very helpful, and the breakfast more than adequate. There was space in our suite to sit down to discuss the day's events over a bottle of wine, or to eat a meal at the dining room table. We did have a little trouble with the room keys, which occasionally refused to work in the elevator and door. For 5 people, this was great value, a very good base for walking round downtown Vancouver, and near buses for the CPE, and the airport shuttle. Penny. Calgary, Alberta.

great value; great staff

by TripAdvisor Member JaneandJeff

Five intrepid spectators attending the 2008 Canadian Figure Skating Championships in Vancouver were extremely fortunate to have booked a large suite at the Landis Suites Hotel for the duration of our stay in mid-January. The location of the hotel, plus the excellent price, was what initially attracted us non BC residents to the Landis. We were not disappointed. From the moment of our check-in (at various times) we were all greeted most courteously, given lots of information, and reassured that everything would be done to make our stay enjoyable. We were recommended to excellent restaurants within walking distance, cabs were booked for us, and the hotel's own number given to make it easier for us to book a cab late at night.

Our room was spacious, consisting of 2 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 3 TVs,a well-equipped kitchen, and a good double pull-out couch. Breakfast was the usual self-serve of cereals, breads. bagels, danish, yogourt, fruit, juices, etc., but there was plenty of variety, and the baskets were kept well stocked. The fresh fruit was plentiful, and we were well nourished for the day ahead.

We would like to thank the day manager particularly for his guidance, care, and good humour. The Landis is a great place to stay for a family, small group, etc. We recommend it as a realitevely economic way to stay in downtown Vancouver.

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member L&Jadventures

My husband and I recently stayed at the Landis with our eight-month-old daughter. The hotel staff, especially Khaled, was extremely helpful and went above and beyond our expectations to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The breakfast was more than sufficient in the mornings with nice juices, muffins, bagels, banana bread and fruits. There is an eating room where the breakfast is served that is very nice. The hotel provided a free crib for our baby and the huge size of the apartment made for a real family atmosphere. The size of the suite allowed us (again at no charge) to entertain friends and family with dinner and then provide them with accommodation. This was a huge bonus to the room as we were able to have people visit in the comfort of our suite and then allow them to spend the night comfortably too. The underground parking was convenient and added an element of safety and the laundry facility was inexpensive and kept quite tidy. The pool/hot tub and workout area is great and like the rest of the hotel is very well maintained. I had a tough time with the noise from the street and asked to be moved to a higher level a few times. My requests were granted each time and I found that it really helped. The hotel is in the heart of downtown so be prepared for city noise and some construction. The only other comment I would make along these lines is that the kitchens were a tad bare and missing some cooking utensils (which the maids provided as soon as I asked) and the linens could have been better quality. Having said this, I can find no other faults with this hotel as it is very well maintained. The close proximity to Stanley Park and all of the shopping as well as Granville Island made this hotel a wonderful choice for us and we would recommend it to anyone. The service along with the quality of the establishment for the price we paid was a wonderful surprise. Also, upon checkout, we were given a couple of office desk type items that was unexpected but very appreciated. My husband is returning to Vancouver shortly and will definitely be staying here again. I would like to personally thank this hotel for one of the best long-term hotel experiences we have had.

Awesome

by TripAdvisor Member Mayoress

Stayed here for one night in a 2 bedroom suite and managed to get it for a great price through wotif.com. We'd been roughing it for a while so staying here was the ultimate. Roomy with king size beds and a cool dining room/balcony with floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the city.

Buffet breakfast was included, but don't excpect a fancy dining room. It's more like a meeting room with a few desks and chairs, but the food is fine - just try and eat outside rush times.

Front desk service was good and helpful. There is currently a construction on the side facing Howe St, so either be up early to avoid it, or request a room on the other side of the hotel.

unbeatable downtown deal

by TripAdvisor Member riotambopata

Just back from Vancouver, and I will definitely return to the Landis. I cannot believe that we got a modern, two-bedroomed apartment with kitchen, bath and balcony for $149 a night, just 10 mins (including ferry ride) from Granville Island.

The Landis is not fancy, but makes no claim to be. Furnishings are standard mid-market hotel, breakfast is straightforward self-serve and there's a good choice, and standards of cleanliness are good (but not perfect - look and without much difficulty you can see the corners that have been cut...). However, overall, it's perfectly acceptable.

The pool and hot tub were fine, and never busy, and there is a fairly decent exercise room which we hadn't even noted when we booked. Probably the best compliment I can pay is that the staff were superb, and did everything they could to help us. They really pushed their free shuttle to any central locations when they could have said nothing, and let us save them the money by spending on a cab or bus. We were travelling with a two year-old, and they were extra helpful in every way.

On the downside, and this may not matter to many people, but it's big thing with me, is that I was really impressed that there were recycling facilities in the room, but both disappointed and upset that the housekeeper simply put all of the items together in the trash. As I say, this is not a priority for many people, although it's obviously growing in importance. Why go to the trouble of pretending to save, but actually duping guests who do care as soon as their backs are turned.

Overall, however, it's 9 out of 10 for the Landis.

Comments