Le Soleil Hotel

Hotel Le Soleil
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Double charged VISA!

Our second time staying at the hotel. We stayed for valentines and upon returning home to ontario saw that our Visa had a random $213.00 amount charged to it. We called and nobody could tell us what the amount was for, and guessed that another guests charge was put on our card, excuse me?!?!?

it's been SIX WEEKS since our stay, and i've called multiple times speaking with the accounting department and the hotel manager STILL no resolve and no money credited back to our Visa. This stay was supposed to be a gift to my boyfriend and this entire mess has completely spoiled the occasion and is still an ongoing stress. the room service food was ok, cold when it arrived to our room which kind of spoiled it.

• wilsonjw's Profile Photo

Wonderful accomodations at a reasonable price

I found this downtown hotel through one of the prominent hotel-finding sites, and couldn't have been happier with the selection.

We visited Vancouver on 24 December, so we were probably there during the "off season". Off season or no, the price was VERY reasonable, the rooms were wonderful, and the staff was exceptional.

We stayed in a two-room suite with a great view. Each room had a temperature control, which made for comfortable sleeping.

We didn't eat at the restaurant / bar, but it looked pretty nice. The hotel is walking distance from the many restaurants on Robson Street; that's where we ate breakfast in the morning.

The hotel has valet parking available ($22CDN/night); street parking and parking garages are available nearby, if you choose to go that way.

I heartily recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Vancouver.

Unique Quality: The feather bed was a nice touch.

The overall decor of the room was top notch.

Directions: Downtown Vancouver, BC.

• SedonaDee's Profile Photo

Lovely Boutique Hotel with a European Feel

This is a very upscale, European style, boutique hotel with very well-trained personnel to make your stay comfortable, easy, and pleasant. It is beautifully decorated with chandeliers, gold & cream striped wall-paper, and lovely furniture.

Our room had a nice sitting area with couch, chair, small coffee table, TV & even a FAX machine in the room. There was a nice, very clean bathroom & nice shower with terrific shower heads! We had to look for the hair dryer, but found it in a drawer. There is a bar area across from the bathroom and small coffee maker.

The bedroom area of our room has a queen bed, another TV, desk area & chair. It was a little tight for space for suitcases, and since we were going on a cruise, we had more than the norm.

There were 3 couples traveling together and we all LOVED this hotel and were pleased with the choice for its cleanliness and class, as well as location in the city.

Unique Quality: This is an AAA 4-Diamond Award winning hotel and it is well-deserved.

It is easy to walk to many other parts of the downtown area from its location.

Very comfy beds and pillows!

Concierge Brett from Australia was adorable and spent about 45 minutes going over things to see in Vancouver, as well as restaurant suggestions. He did not act rushed and was so patient with all of our questions. Plus, he gave good advice!

Right next door to a wonderful YWCA with great pool and fitness center that the hotel will sell you an $11 pass to use.

Complimentary Business Center.

Pet-friendly, but it does have a $75 one-time cleaning charge for a pet.

Directions: Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and near the cruise ship terminal. Depending on where you are coming from, their website below gives explicit directions by clicking on the word "Contact" at top of main web page. It is 20 miles from airport.

• Jetgirly's Profile Photo

All-Round Great Hotel Choice

I was excited to find a great rate at Le Soleil on Expedia. We paid $130 CAD per night for a room with two twin beds and a seperate sofa/TV area. For the price, this hotel can't be beat. The lobby is well-decorated and always smells like vanilla. Our room was immaculate and we given Aveda bath products to use in the bathroom. Despite the downtown location it was always very quiet at night. The staff at the front desk were helpful and extremely knowledgeable. The in-hotel restaurant, called The Copper Kettle, didn't look to appealing to us but we found tons of great places to dine within easy walking distance of the hotel. In terms of location, Le Soleil is extremely close to the Burrard Street Skytrain Station, lots of city bus connections, the waterfront, Robson Street shopping, Pacific Center, and pretty much everything downtown Vancouver has to offer!

Directions: Corner of Hornby and Pender; very close to BC Transit's Burrard Station bus terminus.

• mydreamquest's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel in the heart of Downtown Vancouver

Le Soleil is a very comfortable hotel with reliable staff and service. I stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed the convenience of location. I attended a conference at the Hyatt Regency. The Hyatt charges around $CDN230/night where Le Soleil charges $140/night and is only a block away. I save $CDN540 which made my boss happy.

It's very clean, quiet, has internet access on the Business Office on the 3rd floor during normal business hours and excellent soap and shampoo. The TV was nice. There were actually two televisions in the suite that I stayed in. There's plenty of excellent restaurants and shopping nearby on Robson street, only 3 blocks away.

Couldn't have asked for a more comfortable experience. The only problems I had were that it had no gym and the breakfast ordering system they provide is not very clear and if you call after the restaurant closes you'll not be serviced the following morning if you want room service. Though, those are only two minor inconveniences.

The TV had about 50 great channels to choose from.

It was a very good stay here in Vancouver.

Unique Quality: Very comfortable robes and comfortable bed.

Directions: Downtown Vancouver 3 blocks from Granville/Robson

More about Le Soleil Hotel

Pre Cruise stay - Quiet and clean hotel

by TripAdvisor Member live2crz

I had requested early arrival and our room was ready at check-in (nice touch) as were the readily available apples at the counter. The corner suite was comfortable and clean with a nice size bathroom and Aveda products. The bed was wonderful, as I like a firm mattress. I found the front desk to be somewhat distant, not a good morning nor a good evening but otherwise helpful with our inquiries. The hotel is a few blocks from Canada Place. And yes, the only ice machine is on the 3rd floor.

cleanliness seems to be an issue here

I was appalled at the poor condition of my room. The carpet was filthy, there were holes in the sheets, suspicious stains on the comforter, hair in the middle of a "freshly made" bed, and hair in the marble clad bathroom. The "data port" did not exist. Internet access was available via television at $13 for 24hrs. So much for plugging in the laptop... Descriptions of this hotel have raved about the fresh fruit platter and bottled water in the room. Housekeeping seemed to have forgotten that one too. The only drinks or snacks available in the room were outrageously priced. The housekeeping staff had little respect for the do not disturb sign, leaving messages if it remained on the door all day. Sometimes you just don't want to be bothered, especially if they are going to do such a horrible job!

Great Hotel

This is our second time staying at Le Soleil. We love it. We saw no evidence of any cleanliness issues that a previous reviewer talked about. There were 4 families in our party and everyone was very pleased with the hotel and their rooms. Don't expect a huge suite, they are rather small, but still very nice. And it is nice to have a separate living room with it's own T.V. Bathrooms have very nice marble showers (big). The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, as they were on my past visit. Valet Parking is extra ($22can) but you car is kept below in a parking garage. Location is also very good.

Good compared to other Vancouver boutiques

Although I live in Vancouver, I stayed at le Soleil for one day when I had an important morning meeting.

The hotel's decor is a neo-classical theme. Lots of gold. I personally find it tacky, but I prefer the minimalistic contemporary designs over the neo-classical style. Bed was comfortable. I believe when I stayed in October 2004, it was part of the Sheraton chain. The hotel may have undergone a change in ownership since then.

For a boutique hotel, it's lacking in certain amenities. No wifi. I don't remember if they even had high speed, but I ended up having to use modem dial up to access the internet. The wallroom paper appears to be peeling off. The ventilation system was loud.

It's located central to the business district. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view), it's right near two high class gentlement's establishments (Brandys and Swedish Touch). Also there are homeless people around this area (mainly since they try to beg from the gentlement establishment's customers).

Although my review sounds negative, it really isn't THAT bad. I am overly critical of hotels in general, as I travel a lot for work. If you like boutiques, consider the Metropolitan. It's in the same area, in a slightly more central location. If you like contemporary style boutiques, consider the Opus. However, those two are generally more expensive than le Soleil, and it may be an important factor at the end of the day.

I highly recommend this place

by TripAdvisor Member MarioSD

While visitng vancouver I stayed at Le soliel suites in the downtown area. Excellent choice. If you like hotels that pay attention to detail and decorations this is a great place. The entrance is beautifully kept and decorated ( impressive), and all the staff are helpful and kind. When it rains the staff will offer umbrellas, and are always glad to give directions or info. I read several reviews of this place and thought that it would be a very uptight and formal hotel, but it is actually very elegant and down to earth, no snobbiness or attitudes. You feel like your at a four seasons without the attitude. Another thing i liked about the hotel is that unlike most giant corperate hotels, this one is small and personal, the place is small but very comforable. The elevators and the hotel hallways are well lit and elegantly decorated. The room - The one I stayed in, the standard room was wonderful. You get a small living room with sofa, chairs, and entertainment center, about 10x10 feet. Then there is a hallway with a closet, with a safe, and iron to your left and the bathroom to your right. Next to the closet is a small bar with the coffee maker and a fridge undernieth. The bedroom is about 12x14 feet with a small desk , another entertainment center, and two bed stands with clock radio, corddless phones, and wonderful lamps. The bedding is outstanding, conforters and pillows were the kind you would probably see at the ritz or four seasons, and the view from our room was excellent, and you can even open a small window to get some of that nice frigid Candian air. The bathroom was very well appointed, with lots of plush towels, bathrobes, and marble. For being a suite, most people would probably say this is small, but I Think the size is perfect, at least for two or three people, but not more. Besides, your going to spend most of your time outside. For the price, you cannot, im my opinion get a better hotel. The location is in the center of downtown close to banks, one block from Robson st. , and restaurants all over. The only downside is that they do not have a computer available to check your e-MAIL, however, there is a kinko's one block down the street.

Small, friendly, but average

by TripAdvisor Member h0tmail

Not worth the extra cost. My room was smallish, no-frills decorations, two twin beds in a small room. I'd pay $150 max. for this hotel.
Located in a questionable area...did not feel safe in that ares of downtown.
Resturant was very good, however. Stayed for 3 nights.

Weekend in Vancouver

by TravelCheetah

Taking a trip to Vancouver with some friends for a long weekend. I would like to know how far of a drive is Downtown, Vancouver to Grouse Mountain? I figure downtown would be best for living accomadations since it should offer interesting night life. Maybe some golf too if possible.

Any recommendations or suggestions???

Thanks

RE: Weekend in Vancouver

by TheTravelSlut

I did a travel report and tips for my May 2006 trip to Vancouver & Grouse Mountain and North Vancouver on my travel pages.

The trip was about 25 minutes only because we we going against the flow the commute traffic into town. Very nice drive and easy.

I hope that helps.

The Travel Slut

RE: Weekend in Vancouver

by PetraofVancouver

Yes, it's about half an hours drive from downtown Vancouver, through Stanley Park, over the Lions Gate Bridge, and on your way to Grouse Mountain in North Vancouver.

Want to have a hotel where all the action is? Try and get one near Granville Street - lots of restaurants, cafes, pubs, nightclubs, shops, etc. Some good hotels are The Best Western, Howard Johnson Hotel, and the Ramada Inn.

Public golf courses: University Golf Club (at UBC); Fraserview; and Gleneagles Golf Course in West Vancouver. Most scenic is Furry Creek on the way to Squamish on the Sea to Sky Highway, some of the holes are along the ocean.

Have a great time!

Cheers,

Petra M, Vancouver

RE: RE: Weekend in Vancouver

by Jetgirly

I just booked rooms at Hotel Le Soleil, which has five stars. It's right downtown (near Pacific Center) and there was an Expedia special so I got the rooms for only $130 CAD per night. I'm really looking forward to my visit.

Comments