Loden Vancouver

Loden Hotel
Hotels.com Expedia.com TabletHotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Loden Vancouver

Beautiful rooms, great location & even better value

by TripAdvisor Member fxtrader777

I love tripadvisor and almost never stay in a hotel without checking here first, this however is my first review (which is bad, as I use this website so much I really should contribute more often) but the Loden Vancouver is the reason I feel the need to start today. I have just finished a month long tour along the Pacific Coast from Los Angeles to Vancouver, I stayed in many hotels along the way, both boutique properties and chain hotels such as Sheraton, Le Meridien etc, but without question the hotel that stands head and shoulders above the rest is the Loden Vancouver. The location is perfect, as others have said, right between the water which is a few blocks away on one side and the main shopping streets etc a few blocks away to the other. I'm a male in my late 20's, but I think even well after dark almost anyone of any age would feel very safe leaving the hotel to find a restaurant in the neighboring streets. The property has a very friendly and welcoming feel, as well as very friendly but not intrusive staff and truly the quality of the rooms is up there with almost any hotel of any price. I actually would be very happy to take the room I stayed in and transfer it to my own house, the style and certainly the quality is first class. My only negative comment is a hypothetical one, and that is that I hope with all the well deserved rave reviews that when I return to Vancouver I don't find the price has quadrupled!

THE BEST Hotel & Service!!!

by TripAdvisor Member MrsJames26

My husband & I recently took our 1 year anniversary trip. We spent 2 night in Vancouver, at the Loden Hotel and then went onto Whistler for a few nights. Those were the best two nights! The hotel was initially a little hard to find (small sign). But we valet parked and went in. A cozy, upscale lobby; an elegant lounge area; extremely friendly staff. We were blown away when we went to our room; talk about attention to detail! The lights had been dimmed, a bedside radio/Ipod played soft down tempo music, the flatscreen on the wall even had a personalized greeting to my husband & I. The decor of the room was really contemporary, but in a homey way. The bathroom was unbelievable, everything from the fixtures to the lighting to the size of it. The Molton Brown of London bath accessories were a nice touch too! The bed & pillows were hands down the MOST comfortable we've ever slept on. In a nutshell - THe Loden has made us customers for life! Oh - and it was the best location!! Blocks from Stanley Park & Robson St.

Doesn't get much better than this...

by TripAdvisor Member GreenKeys

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Loden and I must say I was extremely impressed. I honestly could not come up with one negative thing to say about this hotel. This property is top notch, the service is exceptional, and the location can't be beat. The rooms are new and spotless and are packed full with an array of amenities such as large deep soaker tubs, floor to ceiling windows, luxurious towels, robes, slippers and linens, an iPod docking station, large flat screen TV, speakers in the bathroom, 2 cordless phones, complimentary internet, a doorbell, a privacy button, an umbrella, a yoga mat and various high-end toiletries. They offer a state of the art fitness center, spa, complimentary car service and they will also arrange for complimentary bikes and then drive you to the rental store to pick them up. There isn't much they aren't willing to do for you. The service was outstanding from check in right through our entire stay. They always use your name when speaking with you in passing, on the phone and even at Voya (restaurant/bar). We did not eat at the very trendy Voya, but did have drinks there 3 different nights and were very impressed- top Shelf liquor only as well as a variety of beer. The restaurant was always full and we heard nothing but good things about the food from other guests.
The hotel's location is a short distance from pretty much everything you would want to do and see in the city. Just a few blocks from the water, Stanley Park and a quick walk to Robson Street. Gastown and Yaletown are also within reasonable walking distance.
When we planned our trip to Vancouver we were debating for days between Opus and Loden and after checking out Opus we were extremely happy we chose the Loden.
You will not be disappointed if you stay here. It will be tough to find a hotel that will be able to top the Loden in my book. Stay here before the secret gets out.

Great concept for single people

by TripAdvisor Member SeattleRainyDay

Just returned from a weekend trip to Vancouver, stayed at Loden. Great hotel, but not for families with children. I love the sliding door concept, but not the super-tech set up in the room. They didn't even have a basic coffee maker in the room. Instead, the hotel offers free coffee in the lobby made with a fancy espresso machine that takes a learning curve, especially if you have older people ahead of you in the queue. Yes, there is a queue for coffee.

Great City Break Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BuccaneerDave

Our family takes an annual city break in Vancouver every February. We leave our vehicle on Vancouver Island and use Vancouver public transit or walk around sightseeing, shopping and dining. We look for a centrally located hotel close to Robson Street, Stanley Park and the restaurantss on Denman Street. The Loden met all that criteria and so we booked a 3 night stay.

As the door automatically swung open and we were greeted by the doorman and front desk staff we began to realize what a friendly, well-run property we would be staying at.

We booked a Loden Signature Queen room with 2 queen beds (Rm 1205). The room, as others have mentioned, is beautifully decorated, modern and has all the latest technological conveniences. Our family especially liked the:

-heated tile floors in the bathroom
-great shower
-Molton Brown amenities
-super comfy bed with down duvet
-IPOD dock
-Jac-pac bar below tv with USB, video and internet outlets
-reusable shopping bag
-water jug set near the bed at turndown
-key card that you could keep in your wallet and not have to swipe in the elevator and to get into your room

The location was great, a couple blocks away from Coal Harbour and Robson Street situated in a more residential neighbourhood. Less hustle and bustle but still in the middle of it all.

The staff were all very, very friendly especially the room attendant who came each night to turn down the beds (she was really great!).

We had a look at the suites and the penthouse suite and they were very, very elegant and sophisticated and surely are great rooms to spend time in.

The Loden has a refurbished London taxi available to whisk you about town. We did not use this service but I imagine it is a very convenient feature for many.

Though we did not eat there, the restaurant looked really nice as did the bar. We usually eat at one of the many great Japanese restaurants on Robson and Denman Streets but the food looked fantastic.

The gym is very well equipped and features a boxing section. Apparently the hotel owner loves boxing and so put in some gear to get you acquainted with the sport. The elliptical machines and tread mills are top notch.

A block away is an Urban Fare (high end) grocery store where you can pick up snacks and drinks if you need any. In addition there is a Starbucks, Tim Hortons and Liquor Store very close by. Lots and lots of restaurants within a very short walking distance.

We had a super stay and will gladly return again and again.

Best customer service and value

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler189

I stayed here with my girlfriend on a Saturday night during our short getaway from Seattle. We chose Loden because of its ranking on TripAdvisor. We booked our room the night prior directly through Loden's Web site. We got a very good deal: $127 CAD for a "Signature King" room. Unfortunately the hotel was fully booked when we arrived and we ended up getting an "Accessible King" room. The main difference was that the latter room has a shower, as opposed to a bathtub in the former. Here's where Loden shines: the customer service here is top-notch, close to or on par with some of the best hotels around the world, even ones in Singapore and Dubai . I've found that quality has been steadily deteriorating in some American hotels over the years--or perhaps they haven't kept up with the competition--but that's not the case here as the staff seemed highly intelligent and motivated. If you're going to put out a good product, you have to hire the right people, and they've done that here. In any case, we were given a discounted price and assured that we'd get the "Signature King" next time. Other examples of great customer service: my girlfriend slightly bruised her leg walking and they offered to get ice, bandages, etc.; offer to get a few items we forgot in the car (we got it ourselves); we were even given assistance using the ultra-high-tech coffee machine in the lobby which I'm embarrassed to say I couldn't figure out how to use.

The hotel is quite small (<100 rooms). The rooms are very modern, almost to the point where you feel like you're in MoMA in New York. As a result, there are many sharp edges. Loved the floor to wall windows. The gadgetry is great, although surprisingly the LCD only has analog channels, giving a slightly blurry picture although not as bad as most HD TVs running on non-digital. We utilized the yoga channel to do stretches in the morning (surprisingly refreshing!). Room service twice/day. The bed was very comfortable. Free car service to anywhere in town, but we didn't use it.

Great stay. Exceeded our expectations. Unbeatable value.

Great hotel for a weekend in the city!

by TripAdvisor Member seattle14

We just got back from a weekend in Vancouver. We booked online and prepaid through hotels.com. We got a great deal ($125/night with all taxes) and had a great weekend! The rooms are beautiful, modern, and comfortable. Great location.

Only issues were that our breakfast room service arrived cold and the bacon was so over-cooked, it was actually 50% black. We called and they removed the charge, thank goodness. Valet parking is $28 a night which seems a little steep. And finally, when I went to check out, the person at the fron tried to charge me for 2 nights, evn though I already paid online. It took a minute to figure out and then I paid for parking and room service in cash and she messed up my change twice. It was a little annoying, but we finally got out of there and finished up our trip.

We would stay here again, but be careful upon checking out that you aren't double billed! And don't order the room service breakfast. Over priced and not worth it. Plenty of yummy restaurnats around the hotel.

Great hotel, but check your bill when you check out.

by TripAdvisor Member Iluv2travel71

Stayed there for 4 days. The hotel is clean and very nice. The staff were very friendly and made sure the stay was pleasant. Just make sure you check your bill when you check out. They charged me a room service that was made by an occupant of another room. They credit it back to my credit card after pointing out to them the error.

Overall, very nice hotel.

Boutique, business and beyond

by TripAdvisor Member What_a_view

I've logged more nights in hotels this year than at home. After moving away from Vancouver last year, I found myself back and forth for business and trying to find a home away from home. That's when I came across the Loden. The property is only a few months old, located in Coal Harbour - a very nice area downtown that's close to Stanley Park and the Lions Gate Bridge. Upon walking in for the first time, I was impressed by the elegant lobby with its beautiful furnishings and my favourite newspapers - the NYTimes and the Globe and Mail. The restaurant, lounge and private diningroom are equally amazing. Well, the penthouse suite with wrap-around balcony is pretty great too. There's not a bit of this new boutique hotel I saw that first time that I didn't like. It's true that I have experienced some hiccups early on, like incidentals on my bill that didn't look quite right but they were promptly and graciously taken care of. When asked, I have provided feedback to the hotel. Within a stay or two, I have noticed changes towards improvement - now I can surf the internet for free for a whole 24-hours at a time! I've had nearly every breakfast on the menu and have enjoyed every bite - housemade granola, the cottage cheese with coconut foam, perfectly poached free range eggs with housemade bacon, and the panne cotta... Sitting in my comfy robe and slippers, I even ordered a bowl of popcorn from room service one night - custom-flavoured for me. It's the best bowl of popcorn I've ever had in my life and I'm a bit of a connoisseur - you'll get it if you are too. The gym... the gym... it's open 24-hours and it's nearly my own when I'm there. It has a variety of cardio machines, the universal weights that I like, lots of tv monitors, good music, bottled water and a bowl of apples. The rooms are modern and comfy. They're similiar but not exactly alike. I love the warm bathroom tiles, the deep tub, the high-ceilinged shower, the best smelling toiletries, the chaise lounge, the cozy bed linens, the ambient lighting, the yoga mat, the turndown service. I've been spoiled here - the parking valet has turned on my seat warmer for me on a cold morning, the head breakfast server has hand-delivered the perfect latte to my room, everyone has started calling me by my first name since I asked. Yes, there are many great hotels around but I have chosen this as my Vancouver favourite. There are many reasons but my top 3 are the Loden recycles, the complimentary car service within the downtown core and the evening wisdom that arrives every night with your bedside water at turndown service.

Fantastic new boutique hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member blhoang

My husband and I stayed with our 2 dogs at the Loden for relaxation and to go skiing in Whister for one day. We were very impressed with this new hotel. First of all, the staff is extremely attentive and friendly. The room was very modern and very comfortable. They had a lot of fantastic details in their service such as fresh baked biscuits for the dogs, dog beds and dish provided, expresso machine in the lobby in the mornings, and complimentary car service when available. We used the car service a few times, and they drove us to restaurants where parking would have been a problem. Sometimes they even picked us up afterwards. We enjoyed the gym, business center, and valet parked the car. The area of Coal Harbour is more quiet than downtown, yet downtown and Robson street were only a few blocks away which make it convenient for shopping and dining. We will definitely stay here again!

Vancouver - Human and Nature in HarmonyVancouver - Human and Nature in Harmony

Totem Poles - Stanley ParkTotem Poles - Stanley Park

UBCUBC

Beautiful Blue Poppies at UBC Botanic GardensBeautiful Blue Poppies at UBC Botanic Gardens

Best way to Nanaimo: air, ferry or car?

by JosueGonzalez

We need to bring a marine diving robot (in a normal suitcase) for up-dates to Nanaimo. Which would be the safest, economical or normal way to take it?

by jethanand

I do not know about the plane option

going by car was out of question, too any miles, not worth the time

from Vancouver to Nanaimo, we took our car by ferry , very reasonable and at that late hour, it was our only choice

by leanneedwards

Rent a car at the airport and drive to Horseshoe Bay and take the ferry... or get a cab to inner harbour and take a short flight to Nanaimo... it is all a little costly but check out the web sites for b.c. ferries.

by leanneedwards

You can not drive to Nanaimo without taking a ferry it is on Vancouver Island!! so direct driving will not happen LOL...

by GrumpyDiver

I assume you are flying in to Vancouver. Depending on your routing / airline choice, flying all the way may be the most cost-effective way of getting there. If you are flying in from PR, there may be little or no cost difference.

Air Canada is probably your only choice to fly. It's a 20 minute flight. Small Dash 8 planes are used on the route.

Alternatively, you can rent a car and drive, using BC Ferries to get there. The crossing itself is about 2 hours (Tsawwassen-Duke Point), plus waiting time for the ferry / loading can easily add another couple of hours. If the weather is nice, the ferry ride is quite enjoyable. The Tswwassen to Swartz Bay route is particularly nice as it weaves through the Gulf Islands, but on top of the 1:35 crossing time, the drive to Nanaimo adds another 2 hours to your travel time.

by Michael99

The most relaxing way is to take the brand new rapid transit line. Take the skytrain then bus to Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal. Take the ferry as a foot passenger and you are right downtown Nanaimo.

by yvr

Just to be a little more specific, as the poster above said, take the new Canada Line train from the airport to downtown Vancouver, get off at City Centre Station, the train will take 26 minutes. Walk across Georgia Street turn to your right along Georgia and to the far end of the Husdson Bay department store. The bus stop for Horseshoe Bay is there, just prior to Seymour Street, take bus 257 it is the express or the 250, the 250 will take a little longer but both go to the ferry terminal. You can walk on to the ferry. see bcferries.com for the timetable. This will be a very inexpensive way to get to your destination.

by YVRDave

Have some fun with the trip. Take a Sea Plane with http://www.westcoastair.com/

There is a free shuttle from the main terminal to the sea plane dock. I`m sure you will love the view as you are a marine organization. The company in Nanaimo will pick you up at the dock, if not, the Coast Bastion Hotel will.
You can always take the ferry back to Vancouver if you want to try the at option. The only problem is public transportation or taxis to the airport. In my experienced opinion.

by JosueGonzalez

Fantastic reply! Thanks a lot! We'll have it in mind.

by YVRDave