123 Carrie Cates Court, North Vancouver, British Columbia, V7M 3K7, Canada
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Lonsdale Quay Hotel

MarinaMarina

open for panoramaopen for panorama

Granville IslandGranville Island

Main Entrance to the IslandMain Entrance to the Island

Looking for a hotel or b&b north of Vancouver

by AzRose81

Hello! My husband and I are going to be in Vancouver for three days in the middle of May. We are going to explore Vancouver along with traveling up to Squamish and Whisler. This is our first time to Vancouver so I have no clue where is a good place to stay! Does anyone know of a good bed and breakfast to stay at or a good hotel? I think I want to stay out of the city center and stay more north of Vancouver. Thanks for all your help! :-)

by menado

Check into North Vancouver B&B on Internet you will find many of them, but some times Motels are cheaper and better rooms.

by menado

by Rx44

Hi,

If you're planning to say in North Vanouver... we stayed there on our last trip to the mainland from Vancouver Island, so it would be easy to get to Grouse and Cypress for skiing. I don't know about B&B's, but when I researched hotels and motels in the area, my impression was there aren't too many options - there are maybe 7 or 8 in the area, and some are a little sketchy. We stayed at the Lonsdale Quay hotel, which sounded neat, but we found it to be a little dated. Our room was real basic - not bad for what we paid, but certainly not exceptional. One benefit is that the seabus leaves from there, so it's easy to get to downtown vancouver.

I have a feeling that the Holiday Inn is the best place to stay in the area - we'd stay there next time. It is fairly new and looks nice. The only thing is, it's a little out of the way so you would probably want a car.

Travel Tips for Vancouver

B.C. Provincial Flag

by Amareyui

The provincial flag, adopted in 1960, has a design similar to that of the shield in the coat of arms. The Union Jack at the top of the flag is an obvious symbol of the province's link with Great Britian. The wavy blue bars stand for the Pacific Ocean. The setting sun represents the province's location as the most western province.

Cruising the Gulf & San Juan...

by Vaughn_H

Cruising the Gulf & San Juan Islands in a yacht is the most fabulous experience you'll have no matter where in the world you've been...it's absolutely to die for. Too many to list...Relaxing on the back of my boat while anchored in Desolation Sound has to be the most memorable. The water is 70 Degrees, the seafood is awesome & the scenery is breathtaking.

Walk around the city and take...

by froofroo

Walk around the city and take in as much as you can. Every area of Vancouver is different than the next. East Van is different from West Van and North Van. I walked around all week seeing something different every day. I miss the wilderness areas of Lynn Valley the most. I have never seen forest trees and bush area like there are in British Columbia. It is the most beautiful outdoors area anywhere!

Yaletown

by mht_in_la

"There must be some rich people living here." With all the yachts and glass towers, that's my first impression of Yaletown when I arrived by Aquabus (see photo). Once I walked around, amazingly I found these glass towers mostly residential, not office buildings. Not sure how much it'll cost to live in one of those lofts. "Trendy" and "yuppy" are the terms associated with Yaletown in most Vancouverites' eyes.

Sunday Afternoon Salsa Dance Class

by Mikebb

Need a rest from museums and sundry sightseeing? Then pop down to Robson Square on Sunday Afternoon at 3pm for the Salsa classes, beginners from 3pm and Latin Dance from 5 pm.

We came across it by accident and took a half hour to obseve the action, many styles , all shapes and some real talent!!! Anyone can join in and it is totally free, the show goes on to 7:30pm and everyone has a good time.

When we were there it was a summer activity, however I suggest you check on their web page: wwwSundayafternoonSalsa.com

Comments