Vancouver Hotels

Our Members Say

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2031

Quality Inn Airport South: Another good option in Richmond

When I found out I'd be going back to the Canadian Karate Championship, I thought I'd stay at the same hotel I stayed at the last time, but when I found a better deal at the Quality Inn right next door, I decided to give it a try. The first thing I need to mention is that the staff working at the front desk was extremely friendly and efficient. The room was very comfortable, especially the bed, and incredibly quiet. Free continental breakfast was included, and the breakfast area was really nice - so much so that one evening, we decided to order some take-out and ate it there. We got a bottle of wine from the liquor store across the street, and the music that was playing in the lobby made for a really nice atmosphere :o) The location is great: it's just a short ride away from the airport (free shuttles are available), just a short walk away from the Olympic Oval, about a 10-min walk from the Richmond Shopping Centre and Lansdowne skytrain station, and there are several good restaurants around. Again, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Richmond area.

• Written January 21, 2014

Comfy bed at the Quality Inn Airport South

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2031

Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport: Really good deal in the Richmond area

The main reason why I chose to stay at this hotel was because I was attending an event at the Richmond Olympic Oval and I was hoping not to break the bank. I started looking at hotel deals online and eventually found a really good one at the Ramada Vancouver Airport. For less than $75 a night (taxes included), I had a very clean and comfortable room, free continental breakfast, free Internet access in my room, and free shuttle to and from the airport. There was also a very small fitness room and a computer in the lobby. The staff working at the front desk always offered good service - there was also a lady helping out in the breakfast room, something I personally found a bit annoying since I can pour my own coffee, but she seemed nice and friendly. As far as location goes, it was pretty perfect: just a short walk away from the Olympic Oval, about a 10-min walk from the Richmond Shopping Centre and Lansdowne skytrain station, and there were several restaurants around, including a nice Irish pub right across the street. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a hotel in the Richmond area.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 25, 2012

My room at the Ramada Vancouver Airport

• dadof3 profile photo dadof3

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Victorian Hotel: disgusting hotel-advise against

Hands down the most disgusting, dirty hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything in my room smelled like a toilet, as did the downstairs landing. I have this appauling suspicion they have a problem with sewerage. The window in my room was stuck and this made for a sickly, smelly and extremely humid experience. I had my kids with me, none of them could sleep and we had to constantly keep them busy during the day trying to keep them away from the hotel. My experience with the staff was most displeasurable- a crude, disinterested receptionist with poor grammer and a snappish tone. During my stay I had the pleasure (!) of overhearing of their PROBLEM WITH BEDBUGS via a woman who had been staying there at the same time, her skin was destroyed. She had informed this disagreble receptionist and she had bluntly admitted they had a problem and there was nothing she could do about it!!!!! No way would I encourage anyone to stay here, do not be mislead by the false photos on their site-it is not like this in reality!! Plus, even if it was, nothing could make up for the way they treat their guests and the hygiene issues. For me, it was as though i had checked into a nightmare motel, definitely not a place to bring a family...or anyone for that matter!

smell of sewerage, creepy crawlies and disagreable employees

• Written July 29, 2010

• pha_roah profile photo pha_roah

Furnished suite: Like a 5 star hotel, just in the basement

This place is extremely clean, quite, convenient, and perfect for anyone who needs a place to stay in Vancouver for a few months.

We stayed there for three months and had a great time.

The location is central and close to everything, far enough form downtown to be very quite, yet close in enough that we are in downtown in about 20 minutes.

Area is very safe.

The hosts are very nice and accommodating.

It is a very cozy, warm, bright, and comfortable basement suite with one bedroom, one living room with a small kitchenette area, as well as a bathroom.

Private entrance, private bathroom, separate suite from the rest of the house. Queen size bed with all necessary bedding. 19” Television with 60 North American cable channels
Wireless high speed internet (802.11 B and G, 54 mbps). Wireless network card and / or a laptop computer are available to use. Laundry (washer and dryer). Towels

Kitchenette has kettle, toaster, microwave, one heating element, toaster oven, and all the usual pots, pans, dishes, and utensils that you would find in any kitchen. Small mini bar style fridge with a freezer

Iron, ironing board, and hair dryer. Alarm clock, and CD player / radio

Use of a local mobile phone while renting the suite (Pre-paid)

Discount coupons for hundreds of tourist attractions, restaurants, and other services (entertainment book)

• Related to: Budget Travel, Study Abroad, Work Abroad
  • Written April 4, 2010

• Dave_2006 profile photo Dave_2006

Columbia Hotel: Good Price, Central Location and Value

Its a simple hotel with a tv included in the room, shared washroom, private showers,(private washroom available on request), brochures on the city, elevator, cleaning also available daily.

Old building, feels like 1920s apartment, hardwood floors, very secure with 24hour staff, central location!

• Related to: Backpacking, Work Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written July 5, 2009

• flyer31 profile photo flyer31
  • Reviews: 47

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hillhouse B&B: Relaxed place in Sapperton (SkyTrain)

The Hillhouse B&B is a great place for people who like it relaxed and calm. From Sapperton Skytrain station it is about 5-10 min walk up a gentle hill - just where the top of the hill starts, so that you are away from the noise of the main street / Skytrain and ships in the Fraser river valley. From my room I had a terrific view over Fraser valley towards Mount Baker. Skytrain runs into town every 5 min. during the week, and even every 10-15 min. during Sunday, starting before 6am until after midnight (driving time about 30min). Skytrain is a very ingenious traffic system - the trains are very short and without driver and drive extremely frequently. From airport you can take Bus number 100 to Skytrain 22nd street station in Burnaby / New Westminster. The hosts Denny + Don are wonderful people. They have a dog and 3 cats, who are behaving perfectly well.

Wonderful hosts
Calm
Easy connection to city center
Free Wireless Internet

• Related to: Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors
  • Written December 24, 2008
Tip Photo

• sinjabc profile photo sinjabc
  • Reviews: 216

Fairmont Vancouver Airport: Great Hotel and Full of Class

This hotel is my first choice. Class all the way with an excellent spa. The rooms on the Gold Floor are spacious, elegant and comfortable. I enjoyed every minute of facial and massage treatments at the spa. Breakfast at the Globe was first-rate.

• Written June 30, 2008

• cinthya_in_victoria profile photo cinthya_in_victoria
  • Reviews: 391

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Cambie: Funky hostel

Ok before staying in this hostel, I had never been in one so, i didn't know what to expect. It was cheap, well located, had a bar, DJ and friendly staff but the rooms were not pretty. I must confess at that time I didn't like it at all but now that I have travelled more, I think it's a great option for cheap accommodation and free continental breakfast! It has its own bakery so, bread is always fresh.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written January 4, 2008
Tip Photo

• misspretty profile photo misspretty

Westcliff Properties - Short Term Apartment Rental: A Chic Home Away From Home

My stay here was far better to staying in an expensive hotel. The environment was worth much more than the just over $100 per night breakdown. We were comfortable and enjoyed using the kitchen to make our own food. It saved on money and there is nothing quite like settling in after a long day of sight seeing and making some fresh chocolate chip cookies. I would highly recommend a short term apartment rental over a hotel, if you want to have an excellent accommodation without the hefty price tag.

The apartment was in a highrise with a wonderful view, in the middle of downtown, had underground parking, security and a 24 hour concierge service. There was also a workout facility and all the appliances you would have in a regular apartment. The bed, was heaven. I wanted to take it home with me.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 13, 2007

• SurfaceTravel profile photo SurfaceTravel
  • Reviews: 302

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Fairmont Vancouver Airport: incomplete and slow service

This is another North American standard 5-star hotel with decent large and sound-proofed rooms. Our problem was with the service. Generally it was slow; check-in and check-out took longer than necessary; we had to wait at least 15 minutes each way.

A major problem I had was upon arriving at the hotel in the rental car. Some guy in an airport uniform told me I had to move the car away within 15 minutes. As the porter hadn't even greeted me yet, I had no idea how long it would be until I could move out of there. My next request could be classified as unusual. I asked the hotel staff to arrange dropping off the car to the airport rental place for me or, failing that, arrange for the rental place to come and pick it up. It turns out this couldn't be done; it was if I was asking for a ride to outer space. Surely at an airport hotel, this wouldn't have been the first request for this, especially given this 15 minute parking restriction. An unusual request, but hotels of this class are supposed to deal with unusual requests. All over Europe and Asia, I show up at the front entrance of a 5-star hotel, and I don't have to think about the car again; they deal with it for me. Not at the Fairmont!

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 22, 2006

• awg123 profile photo awg123
  • Reviews: 2

Admiral Anson Guest House: Great Value for Vancouver and near Skytrain

Hi: We are new to this but find the best stuff is through recomendations. We stayed for a week at the "Guest House" which is a Bed and Breakfast. It's not in downtown Vancouver but we found it quieter, less expensive and in the middle of other areas we wanted to check out while in the area. The rooms are cozy, some with bathrooms and other shared. Each room has a sink which turned out to be quite handy. We some racoons in the back yard. Breakfast was great and Jody was super friendly.

Rooms, rates, food and especially trying their honey which they produce. A fun, place to stay. And an interesting mix of people too. Great back yard to BBQ in. Hosts very funny and knew cool places to go.

• Related to: Family Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written June 8, 2006

• trickydick profile photo trickydick
  • Reviews: 13
choices: downtown

depending on your reason for visiting, basically tourists should be downtown.
there are many hotels available in all inds of price ranges.
I think your best value would be on or near granville street. older hotels, but nicely updated and clean and comfortable. very inexpensive in the off seaso ( 50-75 with breakfast) but certainly not for everyone. This is the centre of the citys nightlife, and can definitely be very noisy.keep this in mind .
several hostels on granville also.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written March 29, 2006

• spitball profile photo spitball
  • Reviews: 131

Various: Good Site for hotel choices

For some great choices of places to stay in town, click on this site, there are various prices, some good and cheap. And others in the higher ranges.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel, Study Abroad
  • Written December 30, 2005

• Craigellachie profile photo Craigellachie
  • Reviews: 6
Save money by heading north.

If you are using Expedia or some similar tool to search for accommodation in Vancouver, you may be put off by some of the prices. A useful trick is to enter 'North Vancouver' in the search box instead. North Vancouver is a separate municipality (I think?) but whetever the reason, hotels etc in that area don't show up when you serach for Vancouver.

We stayed in the Comfort Inn on Capilano Road, which to be fair was nothing special but it met our needs. There are fast, frequent and cheap bus connections to the city centre and you are actually closer to pleaces like Grouse Mountain (only 15 minutes by public bus, though that particcular bus can be very crowded at popular times).

For the sake of a few minutes on a bus or ferry your stay in Vancouver can be much more affordable.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written December 30, 2005

• Martman profile photo Martman
  • Reviews: 282

Cousins: Family is best

In Vancouver, I stayed at cousins of mine. They are genuinely the nicest people. I got better treatment than even a 5-star hotel could offer. Thanks to them, I had the greatest holiday I could hope for. The problem ofcourse, is that I do not have their permission to give out their names to the world for accomodation. (I don't blame them, I wouldn't either)

My suggestion to is that you find a method to weasle your way into their house without mentioning my name, hee hee.

I was close to a viewing area to watch aircraft movement at Vancouver airport.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive