Vancouver Hotels

Our Members Say

• joanj profile photo joanj
  • Reviews: 618

Crowne Plaza on Georgia: Central Vancouver

This hotel is in central Vancouver, close to shopping malls, Art Gallery, walking distance to Canada Place, Gastown, Robson Street.

note:-
when you go to the website it is for all Crowne Plaza hotels, just select Vancouver, and you can take a virtual tour of this hotel.

Unable to give comparative costs, as the hotel was included in our tour package

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 13, 2005

Crowne Plaza Hotel

• ylisa profile photo ylisa
  • Reviews: 38

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Georgia (crowne plaza hotel)

This was the hotel we stayed in Vancouver . It was well priced for a hotel in downtown . Great location . Nice rooms . Great location . For a well maintained friendly hotel I would recommend it . Also close to the city tour bus stop which I highly recommend.

The best way to describe this hotel is a boutique hotel. Lots of antiques alittle formal but very comfortable. Not the cheapest and not the most expensive . Not stuffy but has character .Staff was very helpful especially concierge . Bought our ticket for the Greyhund bus tour through them.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written June 16, 2005

• AFCB profile photo AFCB
  • Reviews: 7

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

UBC - University of British Columbia: Excellent value accommodation in Vancouver

Exellent stay in the Gage Towers Residency. Good sized secure single rooms and good showers in each section. (Many different grades/types of other accommodation are available) Helpful front desk staff.

Plenty of safe amenities on site to use such as free internet, Swimming pool, bars, dozens of food outlets etc

Very picturesque location surrounded by forests/beaches

Only drawback is the location 30 mins from downtown but this is tempered by a decent and frequent bus service to Downtown

A week cost me under 200 cad dollars (after tax)

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written June 22, 2004

• aqazi profile photo aqazi
  • Reviews: 311

Angel Cottage: Excellent Location, Great Price

My father really is tight and for his second visit to Canada and first to Vancouver he asked my reserve his accomadation but not to spend more than $59CAD a night as this is what he paid in Montreal last year. After spending days explaing that everything is more expensive on the west coast he said that if we didn't find anything for his revised budget of 30 pounds $75CAD then he'd stay with us. Heavens forbid!! so I spend weeks looking to find something and there isn't much cheap good quality accomadation in town for $75CAD a night other than those at the ariport.

Finally I stumbled on the Angel Cottage, about $100CAD a night but if they decided not to have breakfast and stayed a week then the rate dropped to $525 a week.

It turned out to be quite a bargain, this place is in Kits, minutes walk to the beach, and only a short walk from our appartment. Rather than having just a room they get a mini appartment together with a fitted kitchen bathroom and separate bedroom. For anyone visiting town for a little while this place is great value in a spot on area.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 17, 2004

• cilnicki profile photo cilnicki
  • Reviews: 6
I live here, but if you want...

I live here, but if you want to leave the city for a day or two try the Harrison Hot Springs Resort (two hours east of Vancouver).
$139 - $189 Canadian

Natural hot springs pools that can be used 22 hours a day. Great views of Harrison Lake and the surrounding mountains. Peace and quiet.
Huge sandcastle contest every summer.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 24, 2002

• dadof3 profile photo dadof3
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Victorian Hotel: disgusting hotel-advise against

Hands down the most disgusting, dirty hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything in my room smelled like a toilet, as did the downstairs landing. I have this appauling suspicion they have a problem with sewerage. The window in my room was stuck and this made for a sickly, smelly and extremely humid experience. I had my kids with me, none of them could sleep and we had to constantly keep them busy during the day trying to keep them away from the hotel. My experience with the staff was most displeasurable- a crude, disinterested receptionist with poor grammer and a snappish tone. During my stay I had the pleasure (!) of overhearing of their PROBLEM WITH BEDBUGS via a woman who had been staying there at the same time, her skin was destroyed. She had informed this disagreble receptionist and she had bluntly admitted they had a problem and there was nothing she could do about it!!!!! No way would I encourage anyone to stay here, do not be mislead by the false photos on their site-it is not like this in reality!! Plus, even if it was, nothing could make up for the way they treat their guests and the hygiene issues. For me, it was as though i had checked into a nightmare motel, definitely not a place to bring a family...or anyone for that matter!

smell of sewerage, creepy crawlies and disagreable employees

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written July 29, 2010

• Jefie profile photo Jefie
  • Reviews: 2331

Ramada Limited Vancouver Airport: Really good deal in the Richmond area

The main reason why I chose to stay at this hotel was because I was attending an event at the Richmond Olympic Oval and I was hoping not to break the bank. I started looking at hotel deals online and eventually found a really good one at the Ramada Vancouver Airport. For less than $75 a night (taxes included), I had a very clean and comfortable room, free continental breakfast, free Internet access in my room, and free shuttle to and from the airport. There was also a very small fitness room and a computer in the lobby. The staff working at the front desk always offered good service - there was also a lady helping out in the breakfast room, something I personally found a bit annoying since I can pour my own coffee, but she seemed nice and friendly. As far as location goes, it was pretty perfect: just a short walk away from the Olympic Oval, about a 10-min walk from the Richmond Shopping Centre and Lansdowne skytrain station, and there were several restaurants around, including a nice Irish pub right across the street. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a hotel in the Richmond area.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 25, 2012

My room at the Ramada Vancouver Airport

• pha_roah profile photo pha_roah
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Furnished suite: Like a 5 star hotel, just in the basement

This place is extremely clean, quite, convenient, and perfect for anyone who needs a place to stay in Vancouver for a few months.

We stayed there for three months and had a great time.

The location is central and close to everything, far enough form downtown to be very quite, yet close in enough that we are in downtown in about 20 minutes.

Area is very safe.

The hosts are very nice and accommodating.

It is a very cozy, warm, bright, and comfortable basement suite with one bedroom, one living room with a small kitchenette area, as well as a bathroom.

Private entrance, private bathroom, separate suite from the rest of the house. Queen size bed with all necessary bedding. 19” Television with 60 North American cable channels
Wireless high speed internet (802.11 B and G, 54 mbps). Wireless network card and / or a laptop computer are available to use. Laundry (washer and dryer). Towels

Kitchenette has kettle, toaster, microwave, one heating element, toaster oven, and all the usual pots, pans, dishes, and utensils that you would find in any kitchen. Small mini bar style fridge with a freezer

Iron, ironing board, and hair dryer. Alarm clock, and CD player / radio

Use of a local mobile phone while renting the suite (Pre-paid)

Discount coupons for hundreds of tourist attractions, restaurants, and other services (entertainment book)

• Related to: Study Abroad, Work Abroad, Budget Travel