645 Howe St., Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 2Y9, Canada

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Upscale, but Fairly Priced

The Metropolitan is across the street from the Four Seasons and was half the price. The night we arrived, from a memorable travel day full of fits and starts, including an unscheduled stop for jet fuel and a 2 hour wait for our bags at the Vancouver Airport, due to a raging storm (which we had managed to land in), we FINALLY arrived at this oasis about 2 hours later than we should have. Or why you fly in the day BEFORE a cruise. Our room was modern and very comfortable.

On checkout we were faced a facilities fee, which since the only facilities we had used were the bed and the plumbing, I challenged politely. After a civil conversation the manager agreed to pull it since internet, health club etc... had not been used. This left me with a very positive view of the hotel. It was at that point I said I reviewed on VT and Trip Advisor and, had the fee not been removed that would have been mentioned in the reviews. I don't normally mention say that and I didn't until the issue was settled, but I think our file was marked and post-cruise we were upgraded to a lovely suite.

Unique Quality: It is just a very attractive and comfortably modern upscale hotel within 5 blocks of the Canada Place Cruise Terminal.

• a bit disappointed

we were really looking forward to our stay in Vancouver - we do this every Christmas season. my husband and I checked into the Metro Hotel - the location IS excellent!while i was waiting to take the elevator to our room, suddenly, the bellman crashed into me with the luggage cart, knocking me over! - although he was very apologetic, i was a bit 'stunned'. Later that night, we were told we would have water bottles delivered to our room for the night - but that never happened. our room was freezing at night, i was very cold, but the heat showed it was on....i am guessing it may have been broken. the hotel was having a Christmas party that night (that we were not part of) - and i was kept awake until 3 or 4 in the morning, because our room was on the floor that many of the party guests were staying on . having stayed in many hotels, holding parties, i have never been kept awake at night like this. i think they should have put us on a quieter floor, as i am sure they know what guests are staying for the party. the breakfast was truly disappointing - the service was good - but the food was actually disgusting - i could not eat it (the toast was cold, and the potatoes smelled bad and tasted worse). I am not too picky, but our stay definitely not what i expected.

Unique Quality: Location is excellent.

Directions: Downtown shopping area.

• acebruin's Profile Photo

The Met

The Met is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It's two blocks away from Robson Street, where all the shopping is done! A lot of shops and restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.

The room is high class. The bathroom boasts separate bath tub and glass shower. High speed internet access is also available for $10 CAD a night. Complimentary newspaper is also delivered to your door every morning. The rooms have either 1 King size bed or 2 Single size bed. The hotel doesn't have any rooms with twin size beds. So if you plan to fit 4 people in your room, be prepared to bring something extra to sleep on. Remember if you get a 2 beds room, they're single size beds not twin size.

The hotel has a heated indoor swimming pool. There's a fitness center right next to the pool if you feel like working out for a while. Steam room and squash court are also available.

If you stay here on a business trip, they have a full-staffed business center in the hotel. And don't forget the internet access in your room is available.

This is an excellent hotel to stay in if you plan on shopping a lot in downtown. I didn't try Diva, the restaurant inside the hotel. But I heard good things about it. The one thing that caught my attention in this hotel is the stellar service!!

Unique Quality: Their service is top notch! The front desk, housekeeping, and especially the concierge are very helpful, very professional! They go out of their way to satisfy your needs.

Directions: On Howe between Georgia and Dunsmuir.

• providencerunner's Profile Photo

Urban chic

This hotel is in a central location within walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
    If you are an active person, you can walk/run/bike to the park which has lovely paths along the water.
    I thought this hotel was very comfortable as the rooms were spacious and well appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was spa-like with a huge shower and tub, large fluffy towels! The view from my room was excellent so be sure to ask for a higher floor.

Unique Quality: The restaurant in the lobby of this hotel was hip and fun. The food and drinks were creative and delicious. Be sure to stop in for a meal and a drink.

• mike-tango's Profile Photo

Great place to stay in Vancouver !!!

Unique Quality: I stayed 3 times in this hotel.
    Every time it was a great experience. Comfortable and nice rooms. Excellent service. Great breakfast. I enjoyed the swimming pool after a hard day.

And I met Sharon Stone in the lobby and Lambert Wilson in the lift !

Excellent service in this hotel ! The martini at the bar is a great experienc too.

And the hotel is just in the heart of Downtown.

Really the place to stay in Vancouver !

• kandl1's Profile Photo

Livin' large at the Met

Here's where we stayed before our cruise. A great location and wonderful service from the front desk crew and the door people. Extremely professional service! The rooms were nice, with plenty of storage area for all of our stuff.
    My wife even sent the management a letter commending the staff on their professionalism and service.

Unique Quality: Diva, the restaurant, was recommended by many people, including the front desk staff that raved about it. We learned that the chef was leaving soon to take over a hotel in Dubai.
    We only had breakfast there, but it was outstanding. The croissant french toast was extraordinary. Service was also excellent.

Directions: Between Robson St, and the cruise terminal.
    Right across from the Four Seasons.

More about Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver

solid gold splendour

by richard4 about THE METROPOLITAN HOTEL,VANCOUVER

Wow,only one night but crikey,I've never seen a hotel so posh in my life,you were afraid to touch anything,it was all gold coloured fitting and fancy soap,it was certain I was experienceing high end living(just for a night). For those who like their bags whisked up to your room while you sit at the bar being waited on this hotel is for you.
The porters and staff were running about practically feeding some people.

Perfect for an overnight

by TripAdvisor Member marla

We stayed here one night at the end of our holiday and loved the hotel. We were assigned into a large room with large bathroom. The hotel has a great location directly across from the Four Seasons. The reservationist gave us free parking along with a good room rate. No complaints at all.
Marlene

A wonderful hotel

The Metropolitan hotel was a wonderful place to spend 6 days in vancouver. Perfectly located to explore the city. The staff was superb, the room was spacious and the bed and linens were second only to our bed at home. We would definately stay again.

Mixed Feelings

by TripAdvisor Member reeagle

My wife and i just returned from a 3 night, long weekend trip to Vancouver, our first visit to BC.
What a beautiful place! The city setting is to die for.
The food even better (more below)
We had 4 days of sunshine, and the city just glistened. Blue sky and blue water framing green trees and grass everywhere. And new construction everywhere, a town on the "up".
We stayed at the M. A great location to start from with easy walks up Robson Street for great shopping, or over to Yaletown for great eating and entertainment. Or a leisurely stroll down to the water front and over to Stanley Park (do not miss the aquarium!)
While the room we had was very nice and very comfortable, the property had an "uppity" aire about it that ruined the stay. While the front desk lady was very nice and helpful, everyone else from the doorman to the consignaire had to be "bothered" to get their attention. And the wait staff in the restaurant were hopelessly inattentive. We had planned to have dinner in the hotel one night, but the breakfast and lunch experiences were so bad that we passed.
And good thing because we might have missed truly great meals and service at 5 Sails on the waterfront, or at the Pink Pearl in Chinatown, or at the Rain City Grill in West End. All outstanding.
We'd go back to the M because of its location, but will probably look elsewhere first.

good location

by TripAdvisor Member henry2

booked for 4 night's in august booked a suite which we were glad
as able to chill out after all the tourist days out !!
manager very helpful and front desk were fine ( moved to higher floor
no fuss)
booked this hotel based on the other reviews and was very pleased
with the location

great stay

This hotel was an excellent choice. The room was new and very clean. If you stay there, be sure to ask for the 15th floor for 2 reasons. One, you cant hear the noise from the streets and the ice buckets are on every other floor. Although the room service menu was a bit limited, the food was very good and the service was fast. The limo service was nice, as they took me to my seminar and the valet parking was free. This was great since the parking downtown is limited. The mall is right across the street as is the 4 seasons hotel. I cant say enough about my experience, I would not stay anywhere else.

the metropolitan hotel,vancouverthe metropolitan hotel,vancouver

Best route Vancouver to Jasper.

by Shetlandpony

We will be travelling from Vancouver to Jasper in July, with two teenage children who do not particularly like long car journeys. Should we stop one night on-route or would we be better with two? Where would be a good place to stop and which route should we take for good scenery? Thank you very much for your help.

by YVRDave

It can be done in 1 day but if you want to stop look at Kamloops or Blue River/Valemont

by 1jabbar

I don't believe there is any need to stop more than 1 night (8-9 hours). If you do only stop once, then you might want to go further than Kamloops. Perhaps Revelstoke, which like Kamloops is a pretty place. The drive from Vancouver is scenic most of the way, once you are away from metropolitan Vancouver.
Cheers and have a good time.

by Shetlandpony

Thank you very much for your advice.

by ltt

i'd go vancouver, whistler, liloette (spelling??? fabulous scenary) and spend the night at clearwater. there was a lake there that we stayed at. great for a nice dip after a day of driving. you could go check out well's grey national park the next morning and then go onto jasper.

by YVRDave

Palo, Revelstoke is on the way to Banff not Jasper but, I agree it is a nice town.

by Shetlandpony

I think Kamloops or Clearwater seem to be good options, thank you everyone for your suggestions, very much appreciated.

Comments