Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver

See Amenities
shrimp56's Profile Photo

Upscale, but Fairly Priced

by written on January 3, 2013

The Metropolitan is across the street from the Four Seasons and was half the price. The night we arrived, from a memorable travel day full of fits and starts, including an unscheduled stop for jet fuel and a 2 hour wait for our bags at the Vancouver Airport, due to a raging storm (which we had managed to land in), we FINALLY arrived at this oasis about 2 hours later than we should have. Or why you fly in the day BEFORE a cruise. Our room was modern and very comfortable.

On checkout we were faced a facilities fee, which since the only facilities we had used were the bed and the plumbing, I challenged politely. After a civil conversation the manager agreed to pull it since internet, health club etc... had not been used. This left me with a very positive view of the hotel. It was at that point I said I reviewed on VT and Trip Advisor and, had the fee not been removed that would have been mentioned in the reviews. I don't normally mention say that and I didn't until the issue was settled, but I think our file was marked and post-cruise we were upgraded to a lovely suite.

Unique Quality: It is just a very attractive and comfortably modern upscale hotel within 5 blocks of the Canada Place Cruise Terminal.

a bit disappointed

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 11, 2011

we were really looking forward to our stay in Vancouver - we do this every Christmas season. my husband and I checked into the Metro Hotel - the location IS excellent!while i was waiting to take the elevator to our room, suddenly, the bellman crashed into me with the luggage cart, knocking me over! - although he was very apologetic, i was a bit 'stunned'. Later that night, we were told we would have water bottles delivered to our room for the night - but that never happened. our room was freezing at night, i was very cold, but the heat showed it was on....i am guessing it may have been broken. the hotel was having a Christmas party that night (that we were not part of) - and i was kept awake until 3 or 4 in the morning, because our room was on the floor that many of the party guests were staying on . having stayed in many hotels, holding parties, i have never been kept awake at night like this. i think they should have put us on a quieter floor, as i am sure they know what guests are staying for the party. the breakfast was truly disappointing - the service was good - but the food was actually disgusting - i could not eat it (the toast was cold, and the potatoes smelled bad and tasted worse). I am not too picky, but our stay definitely not what i expected.

Unique Quality: Location is excellent.

Directions: Downtown shopping area.

acebruin's Profile Photo

The Met

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 3, 2007

The Met is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It's two blocks away from Robson Street, where all the shopping is done! A lot of shops and restaurants are within walking distance from the hotel.

The room is high class. The bathroom boasts separate bath tub and glass shower. High speed internet access is also available for $10 CAD a night. Complimentary newspaper is also delivered to your door every morning. The rooms have either 1 King size bed or 2 Single size bed. The hotel doesn't have any rooms with twin size beds. So if you plan to fit 4 people in your room, be prepared to bring something extra to sleep on. Remember if you get a 2 beds room, they're single size beds not twin size.

The hotel has a heated indoor swimming pool. There's a fitness center right next to the pool if you feel like working out for a while. Steam room and squash court are also available.

If you stay here on a business trip, they have a full-staffed business center in the hotel. And don't forget the internet access in your room is available.

This is an excellent hotel to stay in if you plan on shopping a lot in downtown. I didn't try Diva, the restaurant inside the hotel. But I heard good things about it. The one thing that caught my attention in this hotel is the stellar service!!

Unique Quality: Their service is top notch! The front desk, housekeeping, and especially the concierge are very helpful, very professional! They go out of their way to satisfy your needs.

Directions: On Howe between Georgia and Dunsmuir.

providencerunner's Profile Photo

Urban chic

by written on February 26, 2007

This hotel is in a central location within walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
If you are an active person, you can walk/run/bike to the park which has lovely paths along the water.
I thought this hotel was very comfortable as the rooms were spacious and well appointed. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was spa-like with a huge shower and tub, large fluffy towels! The view from my room was excellent so be sure to ask for a higher floor.

Unique Quality: The restaurant in the lobby of this hotel was hip and fun. The food and drinks were creative and delicious. Be sure to stop in for a meal and a drink.

mike-tango's Profile Photo

Great place to stay in Vancouver !!!

by written on August 19, 2005

Unique Quality: I stayed 3 times in this hotel.
Every time it was a great experience. Comfortable and nice rooms. Excellent service. Great breakfast. I enjoyed the swimming pool after a hard day.

And I met Sharon Stone in the lobby and Lambert Wilson in the lift !

Excellent service in this hotel ! The martini at the bar is a great experienc too.

And the hotel is just in the heart of Downtown.

Really the place to stay in Vancouver !

kandl1's Profile Photo

Livin' large at the Met

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 22, 2004

Here's where we stayed before our cruise. A great location and wonderful service from the front desk crew and the door people. Extremely professional service! The rooms were nice, with plenty of storage area for all of our stuff.
My wife even sent the management a letter commending the staff on their professionalism and service.

Unique Quality: Diva, the restaurant, was recommended by many people, including the front desk staff that raved about it. We learned that the chef was leaving soon to take over a hotel in Dubai.
We only had breakfast there, but it was outstanding. The croissant french toast was extraordinary. Service was also excellent.

Directions: Between Robson St, and the cruise terminal.
Right across from the Four Seasons.

Nearby Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Vancouver Travel Forum

Need advice about Vancouver, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Vancouver and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vancouver hotel reviews