322 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 5Z6, Canada

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• ldc_stl's Profile Photo

Vancouver’s Trendiest Hotel

A contemporary hotel located in the very cosmopolitan Yaletown. Top-notch service from a very helpful staff. Cool music in the elevators and even cooler rooms. The room in which we stayed had a very unique voyeuristic window looking into the bathroom….very interesting!

Unique Quality: Trendy area of Vancouver, five different room decors, helpful and friendly

• JohnAndDanielle's Profile Photo

Great Hotel

WAY BETTER THAN WE COULD HAVE EXPECTED!!

It was so romantic in the winter!

Unique Quality: Heated tile floors in the bathroom!
    Bedding was fluffy and white..
    They have L'occitane soap in the shower!
    Funky music in the elevators..
    Nice staff!
    Steam shower with a rain shower head!!

• travelnurse21's Profile Photo

SexyChic

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night in November and it was amazing! To our surprise, when we checked in, they had upgraded us to a bigger room without us asking. We were also going to see the play Les Miserables the same night, and they provided us with transportation in their Mercedes Benz that they offer all their guests. The beds were heavenly, the bathroom was huge, and the decor was very modern and chic. I would definitely stay here again! I can't wait!

Unique Quality: Each room has a different color motif. Blue, yellow, red, etc. The hotel also has a great restaurant and lounge/bar. Elixir attracts a very hip crowd, and offers great french bistro food.

Directions: Yaletown area

• ncoutroulis's Profile Photo

Swank Hotel

The Opus is a great, swanky, boutique hotel in Yaletown. It's very close to great bars, restaurants, and boutiques. It's got a great design, each room is done in one of four different colors. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. They even have a Mercedes to shuttle you around in. I would highly recommend staying here.

Unique Quality: Mercedes car service.

• Cupio1's Profile Photo

Hip Hotel

This hotel is GORGEOUS! The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are impeccable and well decorated. You are greeted with fresh fruit and bottled water (which is very welcome when you're staying away from home and like to eat healthy!) I can't wait to stay there again!

More about Opus Hotel

Opus Hotel is elegance perosonified.

Opus Hotel is magnificient in every sense of the word. From the courtesous counter staff (who matched my room to my personality to a tee, I might add!) to the exquisite meal at Elixir, Opus has definitely made a lasting impression on me. I encourage everyone to have a stay at this hotel; you surely won't regret it!

Opus Hotel is Fantastic!

I recently stayed at the Opus Hotel in Vancouver for a second time. I found the staff to be just as friendly and helpful as they were in the past. A soothing, golden yellow was the color of my room and I loved it! The last time I was visiting, I had a beautiful green room. The fluffy white down comforter is by far the best thing about the room. All hotels should get rid of the awful bedspreads the use and replace them with the comforters used at Opus! My stay was so comfortable and I felt well taken care of. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone headed to Vancouver. The Opus Bar and Elixir Restaurant were lively, the neighborhood is incredibly hip and if you want to explore, the water taxis are available right at the end of the street. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!

Opus Recommended

I stayed at the Opus Hotel on vacation this month in the Deluxe King Room.

Opus Hotel strengths: Both room service and restaurant food break from the predictable hotel fair and are distinctly French. Room service was quick. The high speed Internet access offered was extremely responsive. The hotel is perfectly situated for exploration of Granville Island and Yaletown areas. The room I stayed in had good light, layout, and a contemporary design. The bathroom had an ample soaking tub and separate rainforest type shower.

Hotel weaknesses: The front lobby can be noisy, so communications with the front door and front desk can be challenging.

Opus is Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member JonJonM

Opus is fabulous, LA meets Vancouver, everyone was beautiful, the staff, the guests and the complimentary Merecedes house car! I think it's the best hotel in North America, I found it via Small Luxury Hotels of the World online at slh.

The food in Elixir was also fantastic, along with my private patio and heated floors in the bathroom, hi speed DSL and fireplace, I couldn't have been happier!

Make your next Vancouver visit and experience, stay at Opus Hotel!!!

Jon

Still crazy about this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NYCBeachBoy

For the second year in a row, we chose the Opus for a 10 day business trip. Once again, we were dazzled by the service at this great little hotel. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, the staff went out of their way for us. Unfailingly cheerful, there was nothing they would not do for us. As to our rooms, we love their bright decor, incredibly comfortable beds and wide open all glass walls. The bathrooms are terrific too once you get used to being so completely exposed---they too are walled in glass. ( I like them so much that I am having the vanities copied for all four and half bathrooms in our new house! ) As to the Opus' Yaletown neighborhood, it just keeps getting better and better with great restaurants just steps for the hotel. Among these Cioppino should not be missed, Blue Water is very good, Rodney's is superb for chowder, fresh oysters (and great looking help) and we had a very fun night at Afterglo and a tapas lunch at Glowbal.
If you're lucky enough to stay at the Opus, you'll enjoy every minute.

opus hotel

by susier

has anyone stayed at the opus in yaletown? what is location like and is it good value?

by chris_i79

I have never stayed there, but I know its one of the highest rated hotels in the city. It is located in Yaletown which is quite trendy in Downtown Vancouver. When you are downtown, everything is quite close, so I would say from a visitors stand point it is in a good location.

RE: RE: opus hotel

by YVRDave

Its pretty funky. Make sure the blinds are closed when using the bathroom. most of the rooms have the bathroom on the outside floor to ceiling windows

RE: RE: opus hotel

by susier

thanks for replies to opus question. much appreciated. susier

by dcrose

Rated #1 at tripadvisor.com and lots of good reviews.

by Carmanah

I live down the road from the Opus. It's really a funky hotel, with a great French bistro (Elixir) downstairs and a trendy bar (Opus Bar) in its lobby. Everytime I eat at Elixir for brunch, I've always spotted a celebrity... the whole band of REM, and Sting, for example... so that's that kind of crowd it attracts.

It's a small boutique hotel... the rooms aren't that large, but they're beautifully decorated in a very ultra-modern trendy way. You could say it's a sexy little hotel...

By staying there, you'll be in Yaletown, which is a neighbourhood in the south-east corner of downtown, full of excellent restaurants, lounges, bars, and boutique shops. As previously mentioned, by being downtown, you're within walking distance to all of the attractions... the furthest would be Stanley Park, a 30 minute walk away... and everything else (Gastown, Robson Street, English Bay, Chinatown) would be a bit closer.

Comments