Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver

Pan Pacific Vancouver
Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Very disappointing

We booked a room a month before our stay. Long story short, when we arrived to check in at dinner time the room was not available. The hotel would not refund our money, the only thing they would do was 'upgrade' us at a cost of $60 extra per night. We both felt that was pretty tacky, the only reason we decided to try this hotel instead of our regular was the sale they had advertised. We were advised by the front desk that rooms booked at a sale rate are not guaranteed to be available, nor are they refundable. Wish we had known this at booking.
    The hotel bills itself as a 4.5 star. To be honest I'd be pretty disappointed if this was what I expected. Being from the area, we were aware that the hotel is about 25 years old and hasnt had too much in the way of recent updates but still felt the sale rate was fair (until we got there and had to pay more! lol)
    Bottom line is this is a clean, adequate hotel with great views and a convenient location. It can be noisy with all the cruise ship/convention folks, as well as the earlymorning seaplanes! I wouldn't say it's luxury by any means. IF you can book at a significant sale rate and get a room it will be worth it, but be aware you're taking the chance they'll sell it again to someone for regular rates, so you might just be out of luck when you get there. Wish I had read the reviews of that before I booked, I'm certainly not theonly one this has happened to. I would not pay the regular rate for this hotel, there are many far nicer hotels in the immediate area in that price range.
    Also of note is that I emailed the customer service manager on our first night expressing my disappointment in their reservation system. I never did recieve a reply, or even an acknowlegement.

Unique Quality: Great views.

• Not inexpensive, but cheap...

While expecting to pay luxury prices for a luxury hotel, I don't expect to be "nickel and dimed" on what should be standard, included services. Having to pay $1.58 per local call and $15/day for "lo-speed" cable internet connection is annoying. Very good hotels charging much less usually include these services in their base rate.

One high point: the staff was (mostly) excellent.

• aukahkay's Profile Photo

5-star hotel at Canada Place

I stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver recently while accompanying a friend of mine who was attending a convention at the Vancouver Convention and Exhibition Center. The room which I had was luxurious and comfortable with a lovely view of the harbour. There is an outdoor heated swimming pool and jacuzzi on the 8th floor.

Unique Quality: Buffet breakfast at the hotel was an American-style spread. The cafe overlooked the harbour and you could go out to the verendah where the 5 sails are located. The hotel's excellent location means that transportation is a breeze. The waterfront SkyTrain station is at its doorsteps while the bus stop is a mere 5 minutes walk away. Gastown is a 10-minute walk away. The Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver is an ideal hotel for business and pleasure.

Directions: At Canada Place at the Vancouver waterfront

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

Simply the best

A sumptuous hotel. I felt very pampered, especially since Air Worst lost one of my bags. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I am not sure how many other 5 star hotels are in Vancouver, this may be the only one actually?

Unique Quality: Great views of the harbor and mountains. Cruise ships stop by day after day.

Directions: on the water. right smack dab on the water. cruise ships dock there.

• elwood_6112's Profile Photo

I wouldnt bother

When we arrived we unpacked our car out the front (it is like pit lane at a F1 race) and went in search of a baggage trolley, loaded up the trolley and our three year old boy and headed inside to check in and find out about parking. We thought the group of guys in uniforms laughing and watching us struggle with our bags were from a tour group or something, but they were actually hotel employees. As we passed them one of them told us that unless we moved our car they would have it towed, and we were slugged for valet parking. ?$30cdn a day?
    After our 5 hour drive to get to a $500 a night hotel that wasnt exactly how I expected to be greeted.
    The stay and the room were good, but we didn't eat there as the prices are totally outrageous, even for hotel rates, so we went over the road to the really clean, and much cheaper food hall.
    Upon checkout, we waited 20 minutes for our baggage trolley to be bought to our room, and then finally carried all our bags out ourselves. We even got a sneer and a smart assed comment from the boy from our check-in who was still propping up the concierge desk at the entry. He was pretty good, we managed to get a sneer from him every time we left the hotel.
    We go to Vancouver all the time, but we don't stay at the Pan Pac, there are too many other cheaper choices with the same view, and you dont get the attitude from the staff.

Unique Quality: Entry staff were totally unhelpful, and went out of their way to make things difficult. The rest did their jobs as expected.
    The view was good, but theyare the same from all the hotels on the waterfront.
    Excellent access to the food hall across the road.
    The best thing about the hotel was the view of it in the rear vision mirror as we left.

It was an education.

• kandl1's Profile Photo

Best Views in Town.

You can’t miss the Pan Pacific hotel. It’s located in the Canada Place convention center that is also the cruise ship terminal. So it’s usually quite crowded…especially in the spring and summer.
    We got a corner room, overlooking the harbor and downtown, and the views were incredible. You can feel almost overwhelmed with the size of the lobby here, but we found the service quite personal and friendly.
    The room was quite large, the location is great for almost anything you want to do in the Vancouver area; the train station, ferry landing, and float planes are all within walking distance…actually, just about one block away! Also, you are right on the edge of Gastown, with its world famous steam clock (that was built in the 70’s).

Unique Quality: The restaurants have some of the best views in the city, and while we didn’t enjoy any meals at them, we sat in the lounge and watched the planes take off and land in the water.
    I would definitely recommend this hotel for conventions and especially if you’re taking a cruise.
    Oh, another thing...the bathrooms had floor to ceiling windows, in the shower/bath, so you could bathe and watch the views. Nobody can see you though...we checked...and there is a curtain if you're still not sure.

Directions: At Canada Place, the Cruise ship terminal...it looks like a giant sailing ship.
    You can't miss it.

• AVSENT's Profile Photo

Simply The Best.

Incredible hotel. Modern, luxurious, great views on harbor, downtown, and excellent food. Stayed here one night- best night ever.
    Stayed across the street at the Fairmont Waterfront- no comparison. The room (Jr. Suite) was in excellent condition with the best of harbor views. The room was spacious and very comfortable. HIGHLY recommended.

Unique Quality: Also, the docking port of cruise ships-the hotel resembles a ship. Very good parking under hotel and every part of the hotel is spacious and uncrowded. Also, connected to small underground (very unique) food court mall w/ wide selection of cuisine from oriental to burgers. There is also, a VERY good japanese restaurant in the hotel that is great for lunch-reasonably priced. And, the food is much like the hotel-the best.

Directions: At Canada Place convention center and cruise docks.

• Beautiful View (if you're high enough)

This is a perfect hotel to stay at if you are planning to go on an Alaskan cruise. We're not doing that this time, but because it offered such a beautiful view of the water and mountains we figured we'd try it again.

The room we are in has two double beds, and a decent-sized bathroom. The kids like the flat-screen tv, the husband likes the high-speed internet access. Linens are changed according to your wants by leaving the towels in the (full-sized) tub and the sign on the bed. Toiletries are Aveda. Fortunately (or not) there is a scale in the bathroom.

Only drawback to this trip is that we are right above the pool, and if you leave the little windows open for ventilation (which we like to do) you can hear whatever's going on in the hot tub. We considered upgrading to a larger room, but it would have cost an extra $2000. I told my husband I'd rather go shopping.

The Pan Pacific receives a recommendation from me because the rooms are nice, there are some great restaurants, and its proximity to the sky train (basically, it sits right over the Waterfront terminal) makes it easy to get around.

Unique Quality: Since the hotel is located in Canada Place, it's great for pre-cruise stays, conventions, and people who like the water.

Please note: The price was per person, and there are four of us in the room...

Directions: Waterfront. Canada Place.

• duanestorey's Profile Photo

5 Stars

The Pan Pacific Hotel is the only five star hotel in all of Vancouver. It's situated right on the waterfront, beside the Canada Place cruise ship terminal.

Unique Quality: Amazing views of Stanley Park, and amazing service.

• canadacutey's Profile Photo

One of Vancouvers ritzy hotels

Never actually stayed there myslef, but many celebrities along with royalty, and the prime minister stay here.Definitely the best location, as it sits along the vancouver harbour, adjacent to canada place, and the cruise ship terminal.

Unique Quality: Unbeleivable scenery/cruise ship berths/CNImax theatre around the corner,a nd steps from vancouvers city life.

Directions: Downtown Waterfront

• ayisha76's Profile Photo

Hotel on the Ocean that looks like a Boat

A spectacular harbourside location, impeccable service and friendly Canadian hospitality distinguish this award-winning hotel. The 504-room luxury hotel is located in the heart of Vancouver's downtown harbour front. The Hotel shares the same complex as the World Trade Centre and the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Center.

Unique Quality: A hotel that looks like a cruiseship on the ocean...what more could anyone want!

• shivan's Profile Photo

I stayed in the Canada place....

I stayed in the Canada place. I can't remember the name of the hotel but it was absolutely fantastic!
    Beware it, anyway! I paid about USD 300 per night WITHOUT breakfast (USD 30 more).
    The hotel hall is so tall that the ceiling is visible in an azure mist because air and humidity reflect the sea colour. It is not a lie.
    Rooms started on floor 8!

The hotel is placed in front of the bay and a wonderful landscape is always visible from rooms and restaurants' windows.
    Close to the hotel there is a large meeting hall and the whole place is crowded with people at all times.

• stopatnothin's Profile Photo

I stayed at the Pan Pacific...

I stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel - a AAA
    ( www.aaany.com )5 diamond rated hotel boasting 504 rooms on 23 stories .
    I always look for the moderately priced hotels , travel can become expensive as we all have learned .

Unique Quality: The rooms at this hotel are absolutely beautiful and decorated with great taste , a definate landmark of quality and distinction .

Directions: This hotel is located right in downtown Vancouver overlooking the cruise harbor . Also be aware that this hotel is located at the convention center so don't think you are lost , simply travel up to th

• nsb_king's Profile Photo

The Pan Pacific Hotel for...

The Pan Pacific Hotel for thoes of you with the $$cash$$.

December 1, 2000 - April 30, 2001 &

April 1 - October 31, 2001

Superior - CDN$490 single/double

Deluxe - CDN$540 single/double

Corner - CDN$590 single/double

Unique Quality: The hotel is set in Canada Place. This is where the big cruise ships dock to load and unload passangers.
    I'm not really into the top notch hotels but if your going to spend the bucks here..
    I couldn't think of a nicer place.

Directions: The Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver

300-999 Canada Place,

Vancouver B.C,

Canada V6C 3B5

More about Pan Pacific Hotel Vancouver

Christmas and New Year in Vancouver

by Ian58

Hi Folks,

My question is akin to another I have read, but more concerns someplace to stay and enjoy festivities over Christmas.

My wife and I will be joining my daughter and a friend who are on a year's exchange studentship at UBC over the Christmas period.

While we are aware of all the attraction of the city, we have no idea which hotels offer Christmas packages, and what represents good value. Considerable browsing has produced only one solid result from what appears to be the best hotel in Vancouver. I would be very grateful for further hints, advice and urls of hotels that offer such packages.

Thanks,

Ian

by butwarm

M. Christmas

Re: Re: Christmas and New Year in Vancouver

by rmdw

Hi Ian,

I don't know which hotels offer accommodation packages during Xmas, but I do know that all of these hotels decorate to the "nines" during the holiday:

- Pan Pacific
- Hotel Vancouver
- Hyatt

FYI some friends of mine are staying at the "Times Square Suites" for a few months: http://www.timessquaresuites.com I see that their rates go up during the holidays but, depending on your budget, this may be a better alternative if you're going to be staying awhile.

Closer to Xmas I plan on creating some tips on Xmas related activities in Vancouver.

Robert

by dcrose

I took a quick look at the internet and only came up with the following, which is a hotel I have not stayed at

I have stayed at the Pan Pacific near Christmas and it was fantastic. The hotel is all done up and a water view room looking out to the snow covered mountains was perfect.

I have also stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront, Hyatt and Four Seasons near Christmas and all were very nice. They were nicely decorated and the Four Seasons is located next to the Pacific Center shoppping mall which was very convienent for after Christmas shopping.

Perhaps narrow your choice down to a few hotels and contact them or go to their website to see what they offer.

by jrrglobel

without question the Blue Horizon on Robson Street. best value in Vancouver. I stay there all the time...in fact staying there tonight...

Comments