Park Inn & Suites on Broadway

Park Inn & Suites by Radisson on Broadway
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Best Accommodation with a Wonderful View

It was a unique experience to stay in Park Inn situated in West Broadway.

Unique Quality: If you are staying on 4th or 5th floor of the hotel you can have a splended view of the city over false creek. It is on walking distance from false creek and Charlson park.

More about Vancouver

Wally, Carrie and Karen hopping on the trolleyWally, Carrie and Karen hopping on the trolley

Sky Tower,DowntownSky Tower,Downtown

Vancouver Maritime MuseumVancouver Maritime Museum

Buskars in the MarketBuskars in the Market

White Spot at YVR?

by SandiM

Ever since they closed down the White Spot burger bar in Edmonton, I've been crazy for that Triple-O sauce! I think there is one in the Vancouver airport as I pass through to go to Asia, but I seem to recall it moved recently from THIS side of security to THE OTHER SIDE of security. The YVR maps don't pinpoint where it is exactly, I think it's in hall B, but can't be sure. I've got an hour to kill while I wait for my connection, can someone tell me if it's in B now or where is it? Stupid craving....

by SfumatoPants

Domestic terminal before security.

By the way, It's been very warm in Tokyo. I flew in with my November Vancouver clothing and began sweating instantly upon arrival.

by SandiM

Before security? Oh drat, it means I can't have it for lunch when I touchdown. When I came through the airport a few months back, I could have sworn I saw one in the wing where Air Canada flies in for their domestic flights. Was I wrong? Ha! Glad you caught on that I was off to Tokyo! I hope I packed warmly enough, a mix of shin-high pants (capris) and a single-fleece jacket. thanks for the info!

by GrumpyDiver

I seem to remember grabbing a bite to eat at the White Spot / Legends inside of security in the domestic terminal on my way from Vancouver to Ottawa this summer.

by YVRDave

I was there for a few beers on Monday. I hate to tell you this but, it is a pseudo White Spot. Akin to Triple O's, the take out version of White Spot.
They don't use the same buns or mayonaise as the restaurants. (VERY SAD)

by corysharon

if your going to hong kong there is one in the ifc mall.

Travel Tips for Vancouver

Visiting Spokane for Spring Break via Seattle or V

by noraspace

Visiting Spokane for Spring Break via Seattle or Vancouver B.C.

I've been to and traveled in this area for over 30 years. Don't get me wrong: Vancouver B.C. is one of my favorite cities. But, is your heart set on Vancouver or Victoria? They are not really young people magnets. Seattle is the closest to Spokane. Your teens might like the Experience Music Project museum in Seattle. And then there are the usual places not to miss like the Space Needle and Pike Place Market and ferry rides for fun!

Depending on where you are from you may enjoy Seattle, Portland and the beach more: and it would vastly simplify and save costs. Flying in and out of Canada will mean two border crossings for which you have to allot extra time. Involving ferrys (weather dependent crossings most times of the year) complicates even more.

Even bad weather may delay your travel from Seattle to Spokane. You could almost fly into Portland easier. Depending on when your spring break is, there may be snow on the mountain pass between Seattle and Spokaneand/or Portland and Spokane, which will limit your travel at night at least.

The Oregon and SW Washington Coast is only 2 1/2 hours away and Spokane is a great trip from Portland up the Columbia River Gorge. There is a fantastic historic hot spring spa that is reasonable located one hour east of Portland on the Washington side of the Columbia near the Bridge of the Gods in on the Wind River in Carson. You'll deserve it!

How to......

by tkdqueen

The Georgia Straight
The Georgia Straight is Vancouver's news-and-entertainment weekly offering an up-to-date calendar of events to the most happening scenes in the city. Whether it's live theatre, concerts, dance, films, restaurants or children's activities, the "Straight" is Vancouver's best bet for planning a night out. The Straight also publishes thoughtful features and profiles covering the city's political and cultural life. The Straight is published on Thursdays and is available free at grocery stores, clothing outlets, theatres, and many other locations around the city. The Georgia Straight is located at 1770 Burrard Street, 2nd floor; phone: 604.730.7000; www.straight.com. The thing I miss the most is Stanley Park...its a great place to get away from it all.
I could go there every day...well I did.
I miss the friendly people and Robson Street.
A definite must for those of you who haven't experienced V.City

If weather permits, I highly...

by bellatrix

If weather permits, I highly recommend a walk through the city, including Stanley Park (a great natural diversion), the West End (has some great highrises and homes and is a lovely neighborhood), the Waterfront (has great views of the city and north Vancouver), Gastown (the historic area of town), Chinatown (has great markets and is colorful and lively), Granville, Robson and Davie Streets (good shopping and restaurants). This would be quite a long walk, so if you don't have the energy for a long trek, you can always park and walk through each neighborhood. The view of the city and marina from Sutcliffe Park, across False Creek. It's a very picturesque spot, and a popular place to take photos for postcards of the city.

Lions Gate Bridge

by madamx

Probably the symbol most associated with the city, the bridge is named after two mountain peaks north of Vancouver.

The views from the bridge are stunning, but you won't have time to look, as there are only three lanes on the bridge, and at any given time, the lanes switch over in direction, indicated by lit green or red x's above each lane. We are familiar with this system but we couldn't quite figure out what the flashing green x's were! However, we made it over and back several times in one piece.

Allow ample time if you are crossing the bridge on your way somewhere, as it seems that there is always traffic backed up as you try to cross the bridge.

Nature and civilization mixed...

by shivan

Nature and civilization mixed together in Vancouver.

A nonsense phrase to start a tip that is difficult to write because the picture says it all. The nature is marvellous and the town itself seems to be part of it, not a stranger in that place. This is a sign of the canadian respect for nature.

Comments