Quality Hotel Downtown Vancouver

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• balhannah's Profile Photo

Quiet location

This Hotel was near the Burrard street Bridge, in what they call the heart of downtown Vancouver. It was quiet, and we had nice views.
    Our room was nice, and it included a work desk, air conditioning, iron & ironing board, Tea & Coffee making facilities, TV, complimentary wireless internet access, and ALL ROOMS WERE NON SMOKING.
    There is a heated outdoor swimming pool (May to September].....we didn't use this.

We had No complaints and enjoyed our time here.

Have a look at the website for more details and the location map.

• clmbsb's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel

We have just returned from a 7 night stay and would like to say that this is an excellent hotel. We decided to book the suite and we got a very large room that contained a living area with a large TV, fully fitted kitchen with fridge/freezer, bathroom and bedroom with 2 large double beds.

The room was very clean and serviced every day. We booked direct with the hotel and got the room for $731 inc tax for the 7 nights which i think is an excellent price. The location is just 1 block west of Granville Street and about a 10 minute walk from Robson Street and the shops. We found the area to be very safe and clean.

Would recommend.

• Aragina's Profile Photo

Quality Inn Downtown.

$79.00 Canadian plus tax - 17%.
    (You can upgrade to include the 'Breakfast Package' for an additional $10.00)

Unique Quality: Underground Parking: $10.00/day
    There is a resaurant, a heated outdoor swimming pool and a helth complex you can use next door.
    The Vancouver International Airport is 10 kilometres southound from hotel, approximately 20 minutes by car and $20-24 by taxi. Airporter bus leaves every 30 minutes from front entrance starting at 6:30am (fare is $10.00 one way or $18.00 return).

More about Quality Hotel Downtown Vancouver

Quality Inn @ False Creek, Howe Street, Downtown Vancouver City

by TripAdvisor Member Cornishscot

Very acceptable room for the 3 nights I spent in Vancouver although walk down Howe Street to Canada Place or Stanley Park takes about 40-45 mins. and I would have preferred to be closer - really handy & well-siutated for Granville Island, Kitsilano and English Bay though. Buses outside or nearby (one-way traffic and a bus map permitting but did not use them personally so cannot comment further on that aspect). Buffet breakfast in the Creekside Restaurant there was good value at $10 CAN for continental or $14 CAN for hot buffet plus Tax & Gratuities - plenty of choice too.

Stayed there as part of a tour group but it would be suitable for the independent traveller as well. Would I return? Possibly but only if I could not find a suitable alternative a bit closer to Waterfront at a similar price - I believe the room rate at QH @ False Creek is in the order of $179 CAN per night for a double room with two beds etc. which seems a little pricey given its location, close proximity to the busy Granville road bridge etc.
Our room was at the back of the hotel - no noise problems.
Maid took used mugs from our hospitality tray and forgot to leave clean ones. Reception took over 20 mins. to send them up when we had reported the oversight to them after insisting that they ask Housekeeping to bring them up to us rather than get them whilst I waited at Reception until they were available.

Luggage stored securely on day of departure free of charge.
Payphone available in the lobby near the public loos (still fairly private there and cheaper to use than the room phone probably). Nice comfy armchairs in Reception. Nicely furnished hotel generally and well-appointed bathrooms in the room with tea/coffee maker and large television all provided.

Beware of $4 CAN plus tax charge for what initially seems to be a complimentary bottle of water in the room - you can buy the same brand (albeit in a ordinary screw cap rather than sports bottle with a slightly different label) in "Seven Eleven" grocery store - two of which are nearby (i.e. within 10 mins. walk of hotel front lobby).

Further $4 CAN plus tax charge applies if you want to use their single internet terminal situated in the lobby - not exactly private but in an emergency I suppose this is acceptable. I found a local internet cafe to use - cost only $1 CAN there for first 30 mins and 50 cents every 15 mins. thereafter - a much thriftier option and just as reliable/more private, easy to find, in my view (15 min. walk from hotel though).

Used Yellow Cab to transfer to Hotel at conclusion of my stay but driver would not accept the voucher my tour company had supplied us with on a trivial technicality so we had to pay the driver directly in cash again or face arrest for fare evasion by the RCMP - I am therefore in communication with Yellow Cab about the matter and the have told me they will investigate, speak to driver concerned as necessary. Too soon to say whether they got back to me as promised on this or not. Tour company also informed about the problem. Not fault of Quality Inn this problem - they use another company and therefore did not book this taxi cab for us. We did so independently because we had the voucher to use which subsequently proved to be invalid seemingly.

A nasty end to an otherwise pleasant trip to Vancouver. May still return again one day soon though as I have friends there/near there to see from before this trip who were not around town this time.

Satisfactory

by TripAdvisor Member Delilah-Mac

Five of us stayed at this hotel in August. If you are looking for a typical hotel with clean rooms and facilities of a satifisfactory standard then the quality hotel is perfect. Staff friendly, rooms clean and well equipt. The breakfast was average price and offered a very big choice. We tend to go for smaller places with more character, so perhaps we judge this hotel a little unfairly but it was a fine standard but nothing special. It was just on the edge of the main city, fine for walking into town and easy enough to find when arriving into Vancouver. I would not mind staying here again, the prices were average and I did not feel like we were over charged.
Party of five Ireland

Quiet and affordable

by TripAdvisor Member ponygaltoo

Stayed at the Quality Hotel downtown in late January 2007. Got a clean, quiet room facing the pool away from the busier street side. The staff were just excellent - they bent over backwards to assist us. When we needed an extra blanket or towel, they were at our door in minutes! They let us use their computer to check-in for our airline as well. The location is just up from the seawall that runs along English Bay and is a few minutes walk to the ferry to Grandville Island. Its also about a 5-10 minute walk to good dining and shopping on Robson. We felt safe in that area walking at night. I would recommend this hotel to any visitor to Vancouver and I will stay there next time I'm in town.

Excellent stay

by TripAdvisor Member Cbluez

This hotel was in an excellent location for our 2 room, 4 night stay.

This hotel is right downtown one block over from Granville street and a couple of blocks from the ferries over to Granville Island.

There is a 'bit' of free parking and also underground paid parking.
Staff was excellent and friendly.

They are undergoing some renovations but our rooms overlooking the pool and backlane were in nice shape, although the heating units were a bit flaky. They are being replaced.

It's surprisingly quiet on the backside of the hotel and the frontside faces the busy Howe street exit ramp onto the granville bridge.

Beds were quite hard for sure.

It was off season, but the hotel was one of the quietist ones we've stayed in for a while.

We got a good rate (although off season) from the Tourism Vancouver website.

The hotel restaurant leaves much to be desired, don't bother eating there even if in a hurry.

Interesting Experience

by TripAdvisor Member DamienD

Hotel was very clean, staff were mostly friendly & helpful, but did not know the area very well. Room smelled of smoke, wireless internet was intermittent at the best of times, cable channels were very difficult to navigate (only 10 of the 40+ listed would come in properly). On the good side, the hotel is wonderfully located and has a great view of the downtown.

Stayed in Brand New Refurbished Room, Great Location and Friendly Staff!

by TripAdvisor Member gilesdavies

Just returned from a 6 night holiday in Vancouver and loved every minute on my holiday. Fell in love with Vancouver and didn't want to leave...

Anyway moving on to the hotel...

The hotel bedrooms are currently being refurbished and I stayed on the fourth floor where all the rooms have been re-done. (Please do not worry, the refurbishment work will not ruin your holiday. I never heard them or saw them working on the rooms, but only found out after the reception staf told me.)

The room has a brick wall on one side which definately adds character to the room and lovely leather bed head. The bed was brand new and was so comfy! The room had a lovely new smell to it and had a new carpet/curtains which are all co-ordinated and a leather sofa. The rooms had a traditional but contempory feel to them.

The bathroom was a little small, but modern and immaculately clean!

One thing that did let the hotel down, but is not the hotels fault and may just be me that noticed it, as I live in a very quiet and rural area. - The front of the hotel over looks the 6 lane Granville Island bridge and traffic is constant and road noise is inevitable from the hotel rooms. Despite the rooms being fully double glazed.

I did not use the bar or restaurant so cannot comment their...

Staff on reception were extremely professional, and very knowledgeable.

Location is on Howe Street and about 6 blocks from Robson Street, about a 20 minute walk to the Waterfront Station and Stanley Park. The quirky Granville Island ferries are only about 5 mins walk away.

All in all I would rate this as a very good 3-4 star hotel, and only paid £32 per night at - (--)

------------------------------

A word of advice if getting a taxi or the airport bus to the hotel. The hotel is known under two names, either the "Qaulity Hotel - Downtown Vancouver" OR "The Inn on False Creek". Just to let you know in case the driver looks mythed if he doesn't recognise the first hotel name you give him.

You also get free Wi-Fi internet access, so be sure your laptop is compatiable if bringing with you as they have no data-port connections in the rooms.

Great hotel in a great city!

by TripAdvisor Member Trvl4Lvg

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I work for an airline and travel many days out of the week staying in different hotels each night. I was pleasantly surprised upon check-in to the Inn at False Creek. The front desk agent was extremely friendly in assisting us with local activities. We had a blast in the "gay district" even though it appears a bit overwhelming at first glance. The location of this hotel is really what sells the property. From it, you have quick access to many of the attractions Vancouver has to offer. There was a young bellman whose name I cannot remember that actually took time to introduce himself to us and spent quite awhile telling us about the area. It's employees like him that should be praised and appreciated. So, if you are travelling to Vancouver, do yourself a favor and book a room at this hotel. You will not be disappointed and will enjoy your stay.

Comments