1133 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6E3T3, Canada

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 39% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Convenient City Hotel

Again, one of the hotels I normally wouldn't stay at because of the cost, but when Marriott points covers all the costs, my philosophy is why not stay at a conveniently located hotel in a bigger city and enjoy the amenities.

The room was a little smaller then average when we stayed in 2004. They have commented that there have been some upgrades in the past couple of years although I am not sure what upgrades have been done with the rooms. As usual, the Marriott beds were great, very comfy.

Unique Quality: The best part of our stay in the hotel though was the concierage lounge which had a great scenic view of the waterfront and surrounding mountains, was well maintained and stocked and had a great breakfast and afternoon snacks.

• lazyman_1's Profile Photo

Great hotel in the downtown

It was the staff at the renaissance that impressed me the most. They seemed to go out of there way to please and make your stay is as good as possible. There were some nice views of the city and the water from the rooms which were extremely clean and very comfortable. The hotel itself is located directly on the waterfront and is only a short walk away from gastown. During business hours there was also an employee dedicated strictly to tourist information. She was able to point us in the right direction to a few of the sites we wanted to visit as well as provide a few recommendations on where to eat.

Directions: on the waterfront

• Saagar's Profile Photo

Convenient CBD location and good standard

Had 4 nights here and can fully recommend this place if you are on a "mission" to the city centre and need a central, convenient location and good business facilities for your stay. The in-room facilities are ok for a business visit; internet, newspaper on the door in the morning, phone, phone books etc.
    Walking distance to the main city centre business locations of key interest and good restaurants in the neighbourhood.
    Seems as if a lot of American cruise passengers stay here in transit just before and after their cruises, and when this happens the breakfast restaurant is packed in the mornings.

Unique Quality: One side of the hotel overlooks Coal Harbour and the sea plane terminal. The sea planes do not start very early in the morning so your sleep is uninterrupted.
    However, new highrises obstruct the view.
    The lobby bar at night is great, with views over the inlet to North Vancouver, the mountains and the sunset colors.
    The hotel's in-house breakfast restaurant "Patina" was great, with hot and cold buffets to choose among plus a la carte, but a chance of having to queue for the goodies.

Directions: Between Canada Place and Cola harbour, just up from the seaplane terminal.

• hokeypokey's Profile Photo

Nicest views

Though I'm actually a budget traveller I had to stay here for business purposes.
    It's just about 3 minutes from bustling Robson Street and Stanley Park is also just around the corner, as well as almost everything else.
    Even the ferry across the inlet is right there, so you can easily cross over for a hike in the mountains.
    This hotel has about everything, a hotel has to offer. Including a fitness center and a pool and sauna. I don't think I have to mention Restaurants and Cafes or anything alike.

Unique Quality: Half of the rooms at this hotel have an amazing view. Just open the curtains and there you have the inlet, Stanley Park and the mountains all together. You can spend hours just watching this scenery or people walking, running and skating along the water front.

Directions: Financial District. ABout three streets north of Robson Street.

• Depunk's Profile Photo

Renaissance Vancouver Hotel

Weekday and weekend prices vary. Seasonal discount may be available.

Unique Quality: Location, location, and location! The hotel is situated in downtown Vancouver and right on the
    water(Close to everything). The service and
    quality of the rooms are what you would normally
    expect from a Marriott. It would not make my list
    for personal trips or a weekend getaway. But if
    business is what you have in mind and getting up early to beat rush hour traffic is not your
    preferred way of getting to a meeting on time, this hotel would be the perfect choice. The hotel has business center, a restaurant, a Hertz rental desk (keep in mind that YVR car rental is not available 24 hours a day)and a small gym if you choose to stay fit on the road.

Directions: (Downtown)
    1133 West Hastings Street
    Vancouver, V6E3T3
    British Columbia, Canada

More about Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside

Renaissance Excellence

by TripAdvisor Member deannalynn

Just returned from a three night stay at the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside. It was an excellent experience in every way. The hotel has a wonderful view, of course and we enjoyed watching the planes take off from the water every morning. Our room was spacious, extremely clean and very quiet.

The hotel's staff and service are what sets it apart. We were celebrating our 25th anniversary while there and those of the staff who knew this went out of their way to make our stay special. However, EVERYONE, we met who worked there, from housekeeping to the concierge were friendly, helpful and professional.

Location was central to so many things in Vancouver and it provided an easy "jumping off point" for excursions out to other areas of town.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat! Well done, Renaissance.

Not impressed

by TripAdvisor Member brigbc

Just returned from a three-night stay at the Renaissance (March 16-18 2005), the second time we've stayed at this hotel in three years.

On the plus side, the hotel is ideally located, a short walk away from many of the city's highlights. Most of the staff was very courteous, especially the valet attendants and the room attendants. We ordered room service and the food was delivered quickly; it was hot and delicious with a nice presentation. The bathroom floor is heated and that's a nice touch.

On the down side, I am really getting tired of hotels being advertised as if they were the ultimate in comfort and luxury. I quote the hotel's description on its website: "The Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside is a World Class Hotel offering the internationally famous standards of comfort and amenities that have made Marriott and Renaissance a top choice amongst leisure and business guests worldwide." I beg to differ.

Check-in was not great. I had called the hotel two days before our arrival to make sure we would get a smoking room with one king size bed, gave my Marriott member number and was assured that all was well. When we arrived, our request had not been forwarded and we were told we could only get a non-smoking room with two double beds. We insisted, and after twenty minutes finally got what we had asked for.

The room decor is atrocious, dingy and outdated; "faux hip, pseudo boutique" is the only way I can describe it. I counted no less than seven different patterns on the curtains, the wallpaper, the carpet, the bedspread, the chair, etc. The bed was one of the worst I have ever slept in and the sheets were threadbare. There were two closets, both very small and practically useless. The bathroom was clean but the counter space was extremely limited - no space for our toiletries. The bathtub was clogged.

We attended a banquet dinner on our last night in one of the reception rooms. There was simply not enough staff for the job. Bread was served after the soup, which was cold by the time we got it. The main course was also cold and no one asked us at any time if we wanted something to drink.

On the morning of our departure, because my husband's conference was ending at 12:30 p.m. and check-out is at 12:00 p.m., I called the front desk and asked if they would let me stay in the room for an extra half hour. My request was denied. I understand they cannot accommodate everyone all the time, but a yes might have made a difference in my overall satisfaction.

I would not recommend this hotel to travelers who have high expectations. If you're not picky and don't spend much time in your room, it will be fine, but if you're the kind of person who notices the little details, this hotel is not for you. I was hoping that things would have improved since my first visit but they definitely have not and I will not stay at the Renaissance again.

Enjoyable stay at the Renaissance

We stayed at the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside for 5 nights and it was very enjoyable.Staff is very friendly and in-room breakfast was GREAT!!Loved the harbour view.Have stayed there before,and would choose it again.Within walking distance of many downtown attractions and excellent restaurants.

by jonobaker

I've been quoted what seems a very good price at the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside for six nights next April. £43.50 a night (about $96 CAN?). Is this a good hotel and decent location for local shops, sights etc...
Many thanks

Re: Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside

by travelgourmet

A great hotel and great location, right at harbourside is right with the cruise terminal only two blocks away. Downtown Robson St. for shopping, dining, and a cup of Starbucks on every corner is close by. Major sites are within walking distance, as is the financial district.

Re: Re: Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside

by YVRDave

Make sure it is a high floor harbour view.
There may be construction in the way.
The seawall is steps from the hotel, about 12 miles of waterside strolling around the city and Stanley Park.

Re: Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbourside

by MindyF

They're doing a lot of construction at the moment at that hotel - if I were you I would go across the street to the Marriott Pinnacle Hotel where you can probably get the same rate. Ask for a harbour view room and you'll get the view without the noise.

Comments