Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

rstary's Profile Photo

Pretty Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 26, 2010

This is a lovely hotel that deserves its 4 star status.

Unique Quality: They have a very nice bar. Great low key atmosphere with wood panel walls. Great cocktails and you may see a celebrity or two. The bar is tucked out of site which makes it appealing to the tv and movie stars.

Ruined my daughter's honeymoon!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 30, 2009

I made a reservation by phone for my daughter's wedding night. We live just across the border in Washington State. I was faxed a form which I filled out and faxed back to the hotel. My daughter and her husband were checked in as if everything was fine. Then when they went to check out the following day, they were told they could not leave and were held by the security staff and "treated like garbage".
Why? Because the hotel decided they needed a copy of the front and back of the charge card I used to make the reservation plus a copy of my picture ID!
Nothing about needing this was mentioned when the reservation was made, and nothing was said when the couple checked in. Honestly, how long does it take to run a charge card to see if it is good? And how long could it possibly take to confirm the reservation by phone? Why not do this before the honeymooning couple goes to check out?
My daughter insisted they call and speak with me to see that everything was legit.
When the hotel reached me at work, the manager demanded the same set of copies, which I was unable to produce on the spot.
The hotel had been told this was a couple on their honeymoon. They were not treated with courtesy and asked politely to wait until the charge could be confirmed. They were treated like criminals.

wise23girl's Profile Photo

A great place to stay in VanCouver

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 2, 2008

Wonderful view from our room...beautifully appointed...great bar where you could relax and enjoy a drink. We were part of Scenic Tours and they chose the hotel. How lucky were we! Yes I would recommend this hotel.
There was a gift shop in the lobby and I bought the blue jacket you see in the photo.

Unique Quality: Within easy walking distance of downtown and nice coffee bars.

Directions: 845 Burrard St Vancouver

932john's Profile Photo

Elegant Luxury

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2007

We stayed in a beautiful apartment suite in the new wing of the hotel with a full kitchen, dining room, living room, balcony, separate bedroom with ample closet space. Everything was new including surround sound system and huge flat screen TV in the living room. All the amenities were great and the service was fantastic. The concierge was extremely helpful in giving us information about tours, where to dine, shop, visit. It's obvious when you stay here why this hotel got the AAA five diamond ranking. The rates are not outrageous either.

Unique Quality: We didn't try the famous "Japadog" from the stand outside the hotel, but supposedly it's worth it. There is an indoor pool, which is nice, but kinda weird in summer when there's nice weather and you want to lay out. The hotel has a full spa where you can get pretty much anything from a massage to a manicure.

Directions: Downtown

kandl1's Profile Photo

A quiet urban retreat.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 22, 2004

We stayed here on our '03 visit and loved it. It's not much to look at from the outside, it sorta looks like a hospital, but once inside, it's calm, stately and dignified.
The room was quite large with floor to ceiling windows looking out over Robson street.
There was a nightly chocolate buffet that looked great, but by the time we got back from sightseeing and eating, we were too tired and full to partake!

Unique Quality: The chocolate buffet! I still cannot believe that we didn't try it. We were just too full and tired.

Directions: One block away from Robson St. The main shopping and cruising drag in town,

Nearby Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Vancouver Travel Forum

Need advice about Vancouver, Canada? Visit the Travel Forum for Vancouver and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Vancouver hotel reviews