1393 Robson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6E 1C6, Canada
Orbitz.com Booking.com CheapTickets.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about The Greenbrier Hotel

Stanley Park, Vancouver, B.C.Stanley Park, Vancouver, B.C.

Spanish Banks,Vancouver,British Columbia,Canada.Spanish Banks,Vancouver,British Columbia,Canada.

Gas TownGas Town

Toot!  Toot!Toot! Toot!

where to stay?

by ElroyJetson

I will be in vancouver for a few days and I want to stay somewhere that's walking distance from stanley park and other touristy stuff, but also close to nightlife (am I wrong in assuming there's nightlife during the week in vancouver?)

Anyway, any suggestions on what hotels to stay at?

by YVRDave

What budget and what nightlife?

by travelgourmet

I would stay in the Robson Street area at either the Riviera Hotel, 14 stories, or the Greenbrier Hotel, only 3 stories. Both of these hotels are very nice and not too expensive $ 80-100, range. These hotels are about a 10 minute walk to Stanley Park. . If you want higher priced hotels or lower priced ones see website:www.traveltovancouver.com/vancouver-hotels.htm ....Most hotels are listed and a map is there for you to see. Yes, there is nightlife as well.

Re: Re: where to stay?

by ElroyJetson

I'd like to keep my hotel aroung (hopefully under) $100(U.S) /night. As far as what kind of nightlife - I'm 24, and I'm curious about places where I might find approachable people in my own age group. Any ideas?

Re: Re: where to stay/nightlife?

by travelgourmet

As I said earlier, yes to nightlife. Choose the places you would like to go to by going to website: www.clubvibes.com/nightlife It not only will show you the clubs but also upcoming events. This should get you going, since all types of clubs, bars, etc, are included. Have Fun, Vancouver is one of the world's great cities, in my opinion.

by tanyamaldonado

I was just at the Barclay hotel on Robson st. Cheap right in the heart of things, small room but newly remodeled.Old hotel -relatively quiet and parking spaces in the back. Did not walk to Stanley park - but it was 7-10 minutes by car. The bus ws also a realistic option. We (my 86 yr old mom in law ) walked to Canada place 30-40 minutes and then Gastown took the bus back from Richard st. to Robson. $2.00 fare. The have a web page. check it out.

Travel Tips for Vancouver

Sundays are for coffee and ocean views

by eden03

One of the things I miss about Vancouver is my Sundays! I love to grab a coffee and sit outside with friends. Later go for a walk around the seawall and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the ocean and mountains.

Tour Stanley Park -- the...

by FrancaLingua

Tour Stanley Park -- the emerald gem of the city! There are not (m)any urban parks like this: 1,000 acres of tall trees, well-maintained paths, bike trails, lovely vistas, sandy beaches, a fantastic Aquarium, cricket oval, playgrounds, marina, a great oceanside pool, seafood restaurants, tennis courts, putting green, the Rowing Club, rose gardens ... need I say more?

Oh, yes -- don't feed the raccoons at Prospect Point! They're cute, but they bite! When I'm not in Vancouver, I miss the sushi restaurants. Not only do we have a lot of sushi places of every price range, but the fish is really fresh!

Also, when I'm away I miss waking up to English Bay and the North Shore mountains.

Wander Commercial Street.

by dkrasts

Exploring Commercial Street with my boyfriend on Valentine's Day. We had a great meal at a little Italian restaurant--they even had a guy playing romantic songs (ie. Volare!) on a Casio keyboard! Then we took in Italian soccer and espresso at a very Italian sportsbar.

Lions Gate Bridge

by Carmanah

Early in Vancouver's history, the incredibly-wealthy Irish Guinness family who owned the Guinness brewery *also* owned a lot of property in West Vancouver called the "British Properties". At the time there was no bridge connecting Vancouver to the north shore of Burrard Inlet; you had to take a boat.

Because the Guinness family wanted to create more access to the British Properties (so their land would be worth more), they decided to build a bridge... hence, the Lions Gate Bridge was built.

Once the bridge was built, the Guinness family got their wish, and people started to move into the British Properties and the Guiness family started to make money. Nowadays, West Vancouver and the British Properties are considered to be the most elite addresses in Greater Vancouver.

So how did the bridge get its name?

Between Cypress and Grouse mountains are two twin peaks known as "the Lions". It's an old native legend that these two peaks were lions - not African lions silly, but BC mountain lions! And it's true... I can see two mountain lions when I look at these peaks.

Anyhow, as you are heading north over the bridge, you are essentially enterting the territory of "the lions".

You might also recognize the name "Lions Gate" from the Lions Gate Studios film studios... a Canadian film studios located in North Vancouver.

The Lions Gate Bridge is definitely the most striking bridge in all of Vancouver, and it is also one of the most oldest bridges in the city. On a warm August evening, I walked across the Lions Gate Bridge with my boyfriend, from West Vancouver's Ambleside Beach all the way to Stanley Park on the other side. It took us about 20 minutes to walk across the bridge. We were some of the only people walking it as cars and trucks sped past. The view of Burrard Inlet was breathtaking. We could even see Mount Baker in the far east over the downtown skyline. We were so high up! We sang along the bridge as we crossed it, stopping to take pictures and to admire the view. This is a great way to experience the Lions Gate Bridge.

Excellent beach in Vancouver

by meteorologist1

The beach on the western part of downtown Vancouver overlooking English Bay is an excellent place to take an evening stroll and watch the sunset. This area also has numerous excellent restaurants and shopping opportunities. This beach goes all the way from the edge of Stanley Park to where you can take the False Creek Ferries to Granville Island. Very nice place to enjoy and relax.

Comments