The Kingston

757 Richards St., Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 3A6, Canada

The Kingston Hotel Bed & Breakfast
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• AVOID!!!!

I would never go back!!!!
    We booked at Hotel Vancouver for 8 nights last September only our plans changed so I emailed to change the reservation to one night instead of eight. Apparently they didnt get my email so not only did they cancel our entire reservation, they charged us a cancellation fee. When we arrived for the 1 night luckily they had one of the cheaper rooms for us to stay in but to this day have refused to refund the cancellation fee - even when I sent them the email I sent changing the reservation. Their email address obviously had some kind of fault but I was charged $160 USD!!!!!!!!

As for the stay itself, the decor was dated, the breakfast was meagre in the extreme. I would recommend staying in a short stay rented apartment as it is MUCH better and cheaper too.

Beware!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Budget Accomodation in Downtown Vancouver

I stayed at the Kingston for two nights. I reserved a double with ensuite bathroom. The hotel website provides a virtual tour only,and based on that the room was much smaller than one might have expected. There is a small 13 inch tv instead of a larger one you see in the video.

The bathroom was small. shower was a stall only.
    housekeeping was pretty good for the room and bathroom.

Breakfast room- continental breakfast and nice sitting area> Breakfast is just coffee and toast and some orange slices.

Internet- above the sitting area on the first floor. I had read some reviews that this rarely worked, no problems while i was there.

Coin op laundry on each floor, no phones in rooms, vending machines, Sauna (i never saw it)

I liked the location. I didn't like that the virtual tour made one get the impression you were getting a larger, more well lit room. It was a fine place for the money as long as you aren't planning to spend a whole lot of time in your hotel room.

Unique Quality: Location- by far the best thing this hotel has going is good location. It is literally close to everything in downtown Vancouver. Walking distance to shoppping, entertainment, restaurants. It is right around the corner from the public library.

Service was polite and helpful.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo

Kingston Hotel

I would recommend this hotel, it was a really good choice. It was an internet available and I was able to check my e-mail here.

Unique Quality: We had a breakfast included in the price, very convenient.

Comments