The Listel Hotel

The Listel Hotel Vancouver
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 44% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• BennyBeee's Profile Photo

Great Location and nice art!

Unique Quality: The Listel has original artworks in all of the rooms, it makes for a nice unique touch to regular boring hotel rooms.

Directions: Right on busy Robson Street, great location!

• tinyvulture's Profile Photo

Great Downtown Location

Nice, modern, arty hotel with large, clean rooms and comfortable beds. We intended to stay for 4 nights, ended up having to stay 7, and the staff was nothing but accomodating and helpful the entire time. Perfect location, near Stanley Park, Vancouver Art Gallery, and loads of restaurants, shops and sights. When I go back to Vancouver I will definitely stay here.

Unique Quality: exercise room, hot tub, cable TV, free newspaper at your door each morning

• Todd7's Profile Photo

Vancouver's nicest small hotel

Right from the valet who helped us with our bags and car, to the front desk clerk and bellhop, our initial impression of the Listel was very positive. We were assigned one of their "art rooms", the room was comfortable and included the typical hotel amenities as well as wireless internet access, but I found the really impressive features were; the art on the walls, our room showcased pop-artist "Robert Indiana" - it's quite something to share a hotel room with art of that quality. The other feature that I really liked was their coffee service, complementary and at your request they send up a coffee press with fantastic coffee. The staff that we met in the hotel and in the restaurant were really genuine and obviously interested in what they were doing - not just following the steps.

Unique Quality: Obviously the art is a biggy, but also, in the restaurant they have live jazz - right up my alley.

Directions: Robson Street - downtown Vancouver

• deptlads's Profile Photo

Listel Hotel Vancouver

Very nice and stylish, good quality hotel, close to the shops on Robson Street. Friendly and helpful staff, and an excellent restaurant (O'Doul's) attached.

If you stay on the "Gallery Floor" you can order a complimentary cafetiere of coffee or tea to be delivered to your room in the morning.

Currently offering quite good rates (CAD122/night for a double) if you make a reservation through their website (see below).

Unique Quality: Gallery and museum art in the rooms.

Directions: South side of Robson street on the corner with Jervis Street.

• shaun929's Profile Photo

Listel Vancouver

$85 - $150 per night

Unique Quality: The rooms are very clean and the service is top-notch. The restaurant, inside (O'Douls), has excellent food and beautiful presentation.

Directions: 1300 Robson Street
    Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 1C5
    Canada

More about The Listel Hotel

Loved the Listel Vancouver

I stay in this hotel several times a year, both on biz and for pleasure. I Love everything about it, from the art to the location to the jazz in the restaurant - my only gripe is that the rates tend to be a little inconsistent, last time I was there I booked and pre-paid with Expedia, but then found a better price at the hotel's own site, I could have canceled Expedia - but too much of a hassle.

Listel Hotel -- Enjoyed my stay and found staff helpful too.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the Listel Hotel. This is a very safe and well run hotel. You have your own card key that will only let you off on your floor so you won't have anyone roaming the floors that don't belong there. I was not concerned so much that I didnt have a decent view from my room because I was there to tour around. My view was from the back of the hotel, and I found it to be quiet and no street noise so it was ok. The staff was very nice and helpful when I asked them questions about Vancouver or to get me a taxi etc. My room was kept clean and the toiletries were fine. This part of Vancouver is relatively safe, good restaurants and good shopping. I would certainly stay at this hotel again. In comparison with the others in the area, this was good pricewise.

helpful staff, relaxing stay

listel was certainly a different hotel from any at which i've stayed before.

while researching listel and seeing it described as "artful," "elegant," and "modern," i must admit i was expecting something spectacularly modern, state-of-the art, and edgy, along the lines of ian shrager's hotels (of course, a lot more expensive than listel).

however, the understated elegance of listel grew on me. we were greeted with yeats' "the lake of innisfree" on the entrance window, and a simple, small, but quite elegant lobby. though expensive, the valet service was very convenient, and most of the staff members were quite friendly and helpful.

our stay at listel was short but very comfortable and peaceful. i enjoyed the small but relaxing fitness room for an early morning workout (esp the whirlpool). the room itself was not very visually impressive given my expectations of creativity, luxury, and modernity, but i certainly appreciated its artful simplicity (the hallway and room on the museum floor featured local, historic, indigenous craftsmanship).

the hotel's location on robson is very convenient, though if you're looking for a nice view, i'd recommend a place close to the water, or a larger place featuring a view of the city.

listel's character is definitely affected by the fact that it is not a large chain, and is independently owned. i'd recommend listel to anyone looking for a peaceful stay in vancouver.

Friendly efficient front desk staff

by TripAdvisor Member ed110

The Listel Vancouver is located on a bustling shopping street and various restaurants and coffee places. The lobby of the hotel is small but functional. The fireplace was a definite plus on a rainy day. The front desk staff who helped us were all very gracious, professional, efficient and friendly. The room was clean, spacious and lovely. The bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed our stay at the Listel.

Nice Accomodation, Parking a Pain

Stayed in Museum King (floor #3) at the Listel in July 2005. The accomodations were comfortable. Staff were friendly, room was well appointed, and the bed and bedding were excellent -- much appreciated after a long shopping day in Vancouver. The excercise room, although small, was unexpectedly pleasant with decent cardio equipment.

Main issue with the hotel is location on Robson Street... access can be difficult if you want to avoid the mandatory valet parking (a pain). No fault to the hotel, as that is price to pay to be on Robson.

need accomodation help

by disneegrl4ev

planning on a trip in early june....need suggestions for places to stay......want to stay downtown....near skytrain and bus stop....looking at the metropolitan, le soleil, time square suites and listel...can someone recommend out of these based upon what Im looking for? thanks...

Lynn

oh also, if anybody is familiar with Burnaby...what can you tell me about the holiday inn metrotown?

Re: need accomodation help

by YVRDave

The Met is very nice. The Le Soleil's rooms are nice but cramped. Both ar 1 block to subway. Listel is very good too. It is 5 blocks to subway on main shopping street. I used to live across the street from The Times Square. The location is far from the subway. Its a good strolling area with nice cafes.
The HI Metrotown is 30 minutes from downtown by subway. It is attached to a mall and close to Central Park but little else.
1. Met 2. Le soleil 3. Times Square

Re: Re: need accomodation help

by spongeG

yeah staying out at metrotown is so not worth it

it is horrible at night

at least downtown you can walk around and check out the nightlife - the coal harbour walkway is great at night as is english bay

there is nothing at metrotown at night except drug dealers and teenagers

the mall closes at 9 pm so it can still be pretty crowded and busy etc.

and there really is nothing else in the area - there is central park but it is not a place to go to a night

Re: need accomodation help

by deptlads

Hi Lynn

We stayed at the Listel last week. It is a very nice hotel, not quite so close to the Skytrain as some of the others, but no more than 5-10 minute walk at the most. It is on a trolleybus route, and easy walking distance to the shops etc. We used the Skytrain only once during the week we stayed in Vancouver. Most of the time we walked or used the busses.

Andrew