1362 Haro St., Vancouver, British Columbia, V6E 1G2, Canada
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about West End Guest House

An unforgettable experience

by TripAdvisor Member un

Friendly, beautiful - and unlike any other!
This spring we stayed at The West End Guest House in Vancouver for more than a week. We did not only get an experience we will always sharish, we also made friends for life.
All the rooms are beautiful made up, everything is neat and tidy. The location is excellent, West End is the best area of the town and you've got all the attractions around the corner: the shops on Robson Street, Stanley Park, the seawalk, the little ferries talking you over to Granville Island. But what made the little pink house so very special, was Evan together with his staff. Any questions or problems they would be there to help you out. The atmosphere in the house is extremly warm, friendly and welcoming. The gourmet breakfasts together with people from all over the world was really a treat (and that comes from a couple that normally never talks in the mornings) (-:
We will be back!

We thought it was just wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member Sally&Dougie

A perfect start to our honeymoon. We stayed in the Terra Queen room, bed, steam shower and deco were just delightful. Breakfasts, sherry, sweets and cookies are the extras that make the West End stand out from the rest. Evan, his staff and the house were warm and welcoming and the location was unbeatable. Welcome retreat after long days out. Highly recommended!!

excellent B&B

by TripAdvisor Member CKallio

We stayed 3 nights and our stay was wonderful. We were made to feel welcome. The breakfasts were outstanding and they always had snacks, soda and coffee available to guests. They even did my laundry for me which is really over and above. I would highly recommend the West End Guest House. We loved it.

Memorable Breakfasts

by TripAdvisor Member givemeabreak

It was in June when we stayed for four nights at the very comfortable West End Guest House, and remember well the exceptional breakfasts served by very friendly staff. Sharing a large table with others meant we could share experiences which added to the enjoyment.
We had a twin bedded room on the first (upper) floor which probable had a few too many 'nick-nacks' but nevertheless was very comfotable.
Position was good and would certainly recommend a stay here.

This B & B is very hospitable.

by TripAdvisor Member coupletraveling

We stayed here for one nite in mid-September. The owner, Evan, was very communicative with us before we came--ie. answering our questions: 1) about taking a taxi from the airport and cost, 2) letting us leave our bags after an early flight and allowing us to check in early, and 3) willing to cope with me, a vegan with food allergies, and my husband who had a health crisis right before our trip and also found himself on a special diet.

Our room the Standard King was not very big but we managed to get all our pre-Rocky Mountaineer train trip luggage in it. The bed was great and everything we needed was there.

Evan even teaches classes on how to run a bed and breakfast. My husband really enjoyed talking with him.

This pink Victorian sits amidst apartment buildings on a quiet residential street but it is close to a main thoroughfare with everything you could need. Evan guided us to a healthy lunch at the neighborhood COOP market (a natural food store) where we could get deli items and sit on a heated outdoor patio and watch the people pass on the street and the clouds cross the sky. Evan also knew where we could get a phone card and the nearest bank ATM . Though this B & B is near a great park we didn't make it there this trip. Our time was spent getting money, phone card, food, etc. for our 20 day Canada trip. Dinner we ate at a neighborhood Italian restaurant that Evan recommended that had great homemade soup and good pasta, salads, and veggies.

Breakfast worked out fine for us. They made oatmeal and a fruit parfait for us. They even had gotten soy milk for me. They also had some special things that my husband could eat besides the oatmeal and fruit.

This was a friendly, hospitable Bed and Breakfast. We definitely would be willing to stay here again.

Perfect - two years in a row

by TripAdvisor Member see_all_that_you_can

This is the second consecutive year that our group has enjoyed the outstanding hospitality of the owners Evan and Ron.

For the past two years we have taken a group of long distance runners, aged 16 to 22 to compete in the National Championships and our group has booked the entire house for exclusive use for a period of four days.

The location is perfect, one block off Robson, a quick ferry ride to Granville Island, 3 minutes from Stanley Park and for our purposes a short 10 minute drive to Jericho Beach.

The breakfasts were delicious, fruit, fresh baked goods and a variety of entrees. They also provided our evening meals for our entire group and just like the breakfasts they were exceptional.

Evan and Ron went out of their way to accommodate our special requests regarding meal requirements, (contents and timing) for the athletes.

The West End Guest House is by far the best accommodations our athletes have enjoyed in all of Canada and we were all very sad knowing we would not be returning next year due to a location change for the National event. The beds were top notch as were the linens amd it was wonderful to be 2 to a room versus 4 in a hotel. We also loved the common space that was available to hang out and enjoy the fire and visit instead of being crowded into someone's hotel room.

Ron and Evan made all of us feel right at home, they put up with our 50 pairs of running shoes and our pre race stress. They did a great job of catering to both the adults and the athletes.

If you are planning a trip to Vancouver I highly recommend the West End Guest House. There is no possible chance that you will be disappointed.

Most Romantic Room!

by TripAdvisor Member chowen

Dear Evan,

I want you to know how much our time at the Westend Guest House meant to us. We'll definitely be back! It's rare that every single thing one could need was anticipated. All the little details were noticed by me...I'm a Virgo and can't help it. I would have changed nothing and didn't want for anything.

Being able to walk mere blocks to a plethora of fine restaurants was a great treat. And the lights at English Bay...magnifique!

We live in Vancouver and wanted a special place to enjoy Dan's Birthday. And we found it. We'll be back for other events, and maybe for absolutely no reason at all!

Dan had such a happy birthday. Intimate, meaningful, relaxing. And we thoroughly enjoyed sherry time and breakfast so as to spend time with the interesting group of guests. Nice people.

You are the consummate host. And we both send a very loud THANK YOU EVAN...over the cyberwaves to you.

Michele and Dan

Stay Away From Rm. No. 7 - It's Cold During the Winter

by TripAdvisor Member Resource

I stayed at the West End Guesthouse during a December winter night 2006. I asked for a warm room and settled into room no. 7 for a nice, warm, toasty sleep. Much to my surprise, the room was cold and drafty. I froze during the night and was awake from 3:00 am. When I spoke to the hostess at breakfast in the moning, I was told that some of the rooms (including no. 7) are cold during the winter. Not recommended.

Pampered!

by TripAdvisor Member Winchan

January is always a dull month for meetings but this year was made bearable by the owners of the West End Guesthouse. While our small group worked through an extensive agenda, we experienced the quiet service and sumptuous meals/snacks provided by our hosts. Thank you!

Excellent Location!! Great Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member innharmony

Great Location on a quiet Residential street!! 1 block to Robson Great for shopping and Eating. A few blocks to the Waterfront,Lots more shopping and about 5 blocks to Davie Street (Gay District)

Fab-u-lous Breakfasts and Beautiful table settings. Exquisite Furniture through-out entire home.

We stayed in room 1 which is at the top pf the house, KingBedroom or can be converted to 2 extra long twin beds, Beautiful Inens, Loved the shower in the bathroom..Great water pressure for showers and wonderful Bathroom products.

Loved the snacks, cookies, 24 hour coffee and some of the best tea. Lots of local papers and magazines.

Thanks Evan and Ron for going the extra mile to ensure your guests have a Great Vacation/Holiday!

I will be back!
Josh-Seattle,WA

Boat with Character in the Vancouver HarborBoat with Character in the Vancouver Harbor

Totem Poles - Stanley ParkTotem Poles - Stanley Park

UBCUBC

Steam Clock in GastownSteam Clock in Gastown

Canadian Crafts shops on Robson St

by efratgilboa

I recently visited Vancouver (which I fell in love with) and also came across a typical tourist shop which also happened to sell lovely jewellery. I planned to return on my last day (was only there for 3 days) but never made it due to lack of time and have tried to phone the shop up to contact them when I got back about some of their jewellery. The shop is called Canadian Crafts Willy Enterprises Ltd and it is owned by Jack Lam (I have their business card). The address is 1045 Robson St and the number is 604-684-6629 and I've tried to call from London (where I am based) using +1604-684-6629 but the call hasn't gone through. Any ideas if I'm going wrong or if I need to add any other dialling codes apart from the +1?

Many thanks!

by johnmperry

gives that number

where are you calling from? if it's an office or hotel, there may be a bar on international calls. Could have one at home too.

By the way, you know +1 means 001 (in UK). Different codes in other countries

by efratgilboa

Thanks - will go to that link. Definately can call international numbers here - home, office, etc - so will try it agian and see how it goes....Bizarre that it didn't work. Yes, I hit 001, too....
Thanks again!

by Carmanah

1-604-684-6629 is all you'd need to dial.

Comments