Westin Grand

433 Robson Street and Homer Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6B 6L9, Canada

Westin Grand Vancouver
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• AddisLig's Profile Photo

Totally Overpriced

Stayed there for two nights back in June, in peak season. We stayed there as a final treat of our honeymoon trip to Canada. It was sold to us a 5 star hotel, but I must say it was a big disappointment. It was devoid of character and the rooms were nothing to dance for. I also found the room service to be not upto scratch. There is also a shortage of elevators / lifts so if you are staying in one of the top floors, you could be waiting for ages before you get a lift.

Having said that, the breakfast was really good. Oh ya, coming at about 275CAD per night, it was also very expensive for what you get

• geeyook's Profile Photo

Westin Grand Vancouver

This hotel is located across the street from the Vancouver Library. I would consider this hotel to be on the outer fringes of Robson Street. Although it is only a few blocks from "nicer part" of Robson Street, I did not consider the location to be the nicest and safest.

Unique Quality: Rooms are modern and clean, although small. I stayed in a suite and found the bedroom to be small.

• deptlads's Profile Photo

Westin Grand - High-rise hotel in Vancouver

We stayed here during the second half of our week in Vancouver in November 2003. Closer to Gastown and Yaletown, it meant that we got to see a slightly different part of the city (we had been at the Listel, down the other end of Robson Street).

This is a good quality hotel, but a little soul-less. The rooms are imacculate, but the studio suites are not really suites at all - just ordinary double rooms with a cupboard which contains a sink, microwave and dishwasher.

We had a nice view from our 32nd floor room, but I'm not sure that it was really worth paying the extra for this. (see our Vancouver page for a photo of the view from this hotel at www.virtualtourist.com/m/625cb/dc80f/).

Unique Quality: Lets you book a top floor room (for a price!).

Directions: Opposite the Vancouver Public Library.

More about Westin Grand

Very nice place to stay

Spent weekend 5/19 @ Westin Grand Vancouver. Check in person spent lot of time to search & provide upgrade. Bell service was quick & efficient. Concerge very informative,even took me outside showing trolley stop! Food good in lobby bar. Beds were as advertised "Heavenly" I definitely would return for another stay!

Perfect Couple Get-a-Way

by TripAdvisor Member hermanChilliwack_BC

My wife and I had a weekend off and booked the Westin Grand. Excellent service, friendly staff and good food. To top it - they served FRESH orange juice for breakfast - something most places don`t offer. The executive suite was immaculate, the bedding first class (down duvets) and the staff friendly. Perfect Vancouver location for visiting downtown, a concert, Canada Place or GM Place. We`ll be back.

Nice hotel, but not the best location

We just returned from a weekend stay at the Westin and although the rooms are nice and service was good, the location isn't what we thought it would be. The hotel is located on Robson street, but it is 4-5 blocks beyond the popular section of Robson and therefore isn't as convenient as we expected. There aren't many great stores/restaurants immediately around the hotel, compared to other nearby hotels like the Four Seasons, Metropolitan, Sutton Place, etc. The decor is similar to what you'll find with a Westin, heavenly bed, modern interior, separate soaking tub and shower. For the price, you may be better off at the Metropolitan or Four Seasons given their preferred location in downtown Vancouver.

Spectacular!

by TripAdvisor Member Hotel_Sam

There is no question that this is a spectacular Westin property. It has all the best offerings of a Westin (Heavenly bed, shower, etc) and it is also an all suite property. I upgraded to a one bedroom suite instead of a studio and was VERY happy with the decision. All rooms have a mini kitchen complete w/ dishwasher, dishes, sink and microvawe. The one bedroom suite has a large sitting area with a tv and couch then french doors into the bedroom. Another door leads to the bathroom which is very large. Complete with a full size shower stall and a separate bath tub that is oversized. There is a huge amount of closet space too -- so much so that I couldn't find the bath robes because they were in yet another one of the closets.

The hotel itself seems to be very new. Staff is amazingly helpful. I am an avid gym goer so the hotel's gym wouldn't do it for me. The staff found a great gym nearby for me. The hotel's gym is not bad though. It has a steam room and hot tub (outdoors) which was great to use after I went to the external gym. For the 'average' person the hotel's gym would be fine.

I really have no complaints. Maybe parking is expensive? $18 per day self parking. Internet in the rooms is $15 per day. Location is pretty good. The hotel isn't right downtown but it is about 4 blocks away from the action. Worth the distance given the size of the rooms. Excellent job Westin on this property. One of the best I've stayed at. Better than the W's I've been to in Chicago and New York.

Not up to Standard

by TripAdvisor Member Passat

My husband and I were going to the theatre in downtown Vancouver, B.C. and decided to stay in an hotel overnight so we would not have to travel late at night back home.

I booked the Westin Grand directly on the website and was confirmed. We checked in and were given a 2-room suite with nice view.

We went to the dining room for dinner and because we were not hungry
just ordered some appetizers to share. What a mistake that was, we should have going out to a real restaurant. We could not eat the food.

Next morning we wanted to have a shower only to discover the shower
was broken. We got dressed & went for breakfast. After a somewhat
dissapointing breakfast we paid the expensive bill and I asked to speak to the Manager to complain. He said he would make amends and offered me extra bonus points in my account. He also took some of the dinner cost off the bill.

I think an hotel of this calibre should make sure all their bathrooms are in good working order before putting guests into the rooms. The food could use a big improvement, especially at the prices they charge. You can be sure I will never, ever go there again.

I do not recomend anyone stay at the Westin Grand Hotel in Vancouver, B.C.

Classy, yet Cozy

We came to Vancouver for our first trip to Canada and couldn' have stayed in a nicer hotel. The hotel itself is very elegant and the rooms were modern yet very comfortable. I have to get a "Heavenly" Bed for myself. The pool is on the terrace and on a sunny day it is spectacular. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was as good as we had in some of the other more expensive city restaurants. Better than all of it however was the staff that treated us wonderfully and were the friendliest people in town. I just hope the rest of Canada is as great.

Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member WyattB

We stayed one night at the Westin Grand over Memorial Day weekend. It's a nice hotel that is centrally located in downtown Vancouver. We stayed in a King Suite, which is totally geared toward the business traveller. So that was a little dissapointing considering we weren't there for business, but not too dissappointing considering the rate we payed. The layout of our room was rather strange, with the bulk of the room for sitting area and desk (w/ huge fax machine), and the adjoining bedroom which was very small. The bathroom was not adjacent to the bedroom, however it was nicely appointed.

Comments