400 Mackenzie Beach Road, Tofino, British Columbia, V0R 2Z0, Canada
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Middle Beach Lodge

Perfection

After an absence of 10 years we returned to Middle Beach Lodge. It was still as perfect as I remember it. Our suite, the staff and the food were wonderful and I only hope that it will not be another 10 years until I return.

Breath-taking view & understated comfort/luxury

by TripAdvisor Member QP

My stay at Middle Beach Lodge (triplex cabin #34 at the headlands) exceeded my expectations in many ways!!!

The cabin was well constructed with decent sound proof and equipped with everything anyone would ever need on vacation. The view, especially from the main lodge (dinning room) is absolutely unbelievable!!!

To prove my point, I stopped by all the major lodges nearby and found that Middle Beach at the headlands by far offers the BEST view and setting. Long Beach Lodge was one of the places I had considered staying. The place definitely offers more amenities but could be a little pretentious. The Middle Beach is extremely low key but offers a lot more.

The only drawback I can think of is that the lodge doesn't offer dinner nightly. When it does, it's a buffet style dinner. I didn't get a chance to have dinner there but the menu looked great. To compensate for that, there are more than a few GREAT dinning choices around town and the lodge staff would be happy to make recommendations and reservatsions for you. Btw, I had the BEST continental breakfast at the lodge... their home made style, freshly baked muffins are to die for!!! Make sure you bring some on your kayaking trip.

If you're planning a trip to Tofino, definitely consider staying at Middle Beach for at least 3 nights to allow yourself plenty of time to partake in all the activities nature has to offer, e.g. kayaking, whale watching, hiking, doing nothing... We tried to cram everything in in just 2 days/nights and it's imply not enough, especially if you're traveling home via BC ferry back to Vancouver and have fo fly home after that.

The Middle Beach Lodge and Tofina prove that the 5+ hour drive through the windy roads from Victoria is well worth it... so go for it and enjoy!

A Great Place to Relax

by TripAdvisor Member VikingGirl24

My husband & I just returned from a 2 night stay at Middle Beach Lodge. We had never been to Tofino before, so we weren't sure what to expect. Our friends were married at Long Beach Lodge, which was much more prestigous, but we enjoyed our stay at Middle Beach. We stayed at the adults-only "At the Beach" in a room with a balcony and view of the ocean. The rooms are extremely small, but are also very cozy and clean. The beds are nice and soft. We fell asleep each night to the sound of the waves. The continental breakfast was very good with lots of home-baked goods (e.g. cinnamon buns, muffins, etc). The Lodge is very quiet and peaceful - even though we are a fairly young couple, we enjoyed the calmness and quietness compared to our very busy Vancouver life. The town of Tofino is only a short time away by car, and it was fun to look through the different shops. We did not have our dinner at the Lodge, but it did smell very good. Based on the price and cleanliness, we would stay at this Lodge again, but would try the "Headlands" instead.

A natural choice if you love privacy and nature

by TripAdvisor Member HBDutytravel

The Middle Beach Lodge in Tofino offers a great experience in extreme closeness to nature and the sea - the views from everywhere are breathtaking and two very nice beaches are just on your doorstep. We stayed almost a week in a single cabin (#48) and felt very much at home. The decor and details are very nicely done, the private terrace on the cliffs was awesome. The fireplace and kitchen were fine and dinner is a delight with local and mediteranean flavours. The whole lodge is frequented by middle aged to retired guests, very few families and children - at times we felt like lowering the average age signficantly... The staff is nice and helpful and we didn't mind having breakfast with a rather elderly crowd. Prices are high - compared to the other lodging options around Tofino but the exerience is really worth it. A great place to unwind in full privacy and a retreat for those who are tired of staying in chain hotels but are looking for a real and unique Vancouver Island experience!

Resplendent!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Trailblazer44

We stayed for six nights in a Triplex unit facing the ocean and the veiw was fantastic.We would leave our window open and listen to the waves crash on the shore at night.The accomadations were very clean and the soaker tub was the deepest one i have ever soaked in.After a day of beach walking/hiking with a big storm brewing it was heaven to get back and have a green tea and a long soak.The lodge serves a nice breakfast(no charge) every morning from 8-10am and it was great to have breakfast while enjoying the awesome veiw from the big windows.We saw eagles a couple of times while having breakfast.They bake cookies at 7pm every night and they have a large casual seating area to just settle in at the main lodge,we would go there with our books and magazines and settle in for a couple of hours of evening relaxation.The deck off the main lodge has a spectacular veiw of the ocean.We will be going back to Middle Beach Lodge hopefully sooner than later.

My favourite place in the world

by TripAdvisor Member racergirl

I absolutely adore this wonderful resort in Tofino. My husband and I have been there every year for five years running to celebrate our anniversary and have always come back relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated.

I have to agree that the rooms in the Headlands lodge are much better than those in the "at the Beach" section. However, if you do have a small room, just make use of the wonderful lodges in both buildings and relax in a comfy armchair near the fire with a cup of tea and a book. And if you want to go all out and truly have the "best room in the house" in my opinion, I recommend you book a suite in the "Beach House". These suites are truly worth the money you pay.

This building has just six suites - each with a king size bed, full living room (with queen size pull-out couch), gas fireplace, cooking facilities and a huge ocean facing deck with two chairs. We spent most of our days on that deck.

The bathroom is the best part! It has a huge soaker tub that really is big enough for two (trust me!) and there are sliding shutters from the bathroom to the bedroom so you can lie in the tub with a glass of wine and see (and hear) the ocean. True bliss!

Tofino is a true gem of a place. Peaceful, beautiful and so very tranquil. You come here to relax and enjoy nature. Since our anniversary is in September we have yet to experience a true Winter Storm but are planning our next visit in January.

Breakfast is fantastic and the seafood dinners are worth the money based on freshness alone. The staff are so helpful but not pushy or pretentious. They recognize us every year and we always have a handwritten "happy anniversary" card in our room with a bottle of wine.

You will not be disappointed with the Middle Beach Lodge.

The Best Sleep of My Life

by TripAdvisor Member superroadtripper

When we first arrived at the Lodge for a 3 day weekend, they had messed up our reservation, and gave us a handicapped room without a view. However, the next 2 days were in the room we expected ( a room facing the ocean on the second floor.) The sound of the ocean as you fall asleep in high quality sheets is a wonderful experience. The rooms are small, but the view is spectactular! Bring lots of money, Tofino is expensive-but, worth it!

Wonderful place

by TripAdvisor Member j52

My husband and I spent three wonderful days staying at this beautiful place, we were so sorry that we hadn't arranged to spend longer here. The staff were very friendly and helpful and food was wonderful. My only complaint was when the shower was being used in the next bedroom it sounded like it was in our room, at 6.30 am this wasn't what I wanted to hear. I would have no hesitiation in staying here again and hope we get the chance to do so again

On The Edge Of A Dream!

by TripAdvisor Member AaronAlexander

One of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed in my life.............and defenitely the nicest all around lodge in BC that I've stayed at! We stayed at "The Beach" lodge. Rooms are very small, so dont expect much, no tv no tele in the rooms.......but you dont need either. It makes you enjoy the enviroment.....even when its raining. Main lodge room has a food served daily, fireplace, games, books and array of other things to keep you busy. There are two beaches on either side of MBL, and both are just gorgeous, wait till the tide is out and its like 20 football fields of open beach! I loved MBL, and would recommend it to everyone.

AA

P.S. Pay the little extra, grab a surf, whale watch or kayak package and make sure you have an ocean view!

Thank you for sending in your review. The community appreciates your feedback.

Loved the tranquility & privacy!

by TripAdvisor Member Norebear

We just came back from our first visit to Tofino (and definitely not the last). We stayed at MBL at the Beaches in an upper floor Oceanfront room with no balcony. The view was nice and it was soothing to fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the ocean. The room itself was a bit small, but cozy. It was the first time I've seen a washroom sink outside the actual toilet/tub room, so it was located just next to the bed; strange setup, but we didn't mind. The room and lodge were very clean and tidy. They offered a Continental breakfast daily, which had a wide variety to my surprise. In the evening, they provided fresh baked cookies, which my significant other and I enjoyed; we would sit around in the lounge listening to the relaxing background music, watching the ocean waves & sunset, and reading until bedtime. It was so relaxing that we didn't care for TV or Internet (one of our main pasttimes in the city) for once. They do have a TV room, but it's easily forgotten about once you're there. MBL also offered very affordable Whale Watching packages, which we took advantage of and enjoyed. The staff were all very nice as well. Overall, we had a great first experience in Tofino, thanks to MBL!

Suburbs along Water approaching CourtenaySuburbs along Water approaching Courtenay

Island Farmland with Vancouver Island Range behindIsland Farmland with Vancouver Island Range behind

On the Ridge above Finlayson Arm of Saanich InletOn the Ridge above Finlayson Arm of Saanich Inlet

About to Cross one of Many BridgesAbout to Cross one of Many Bridges

Storm watching on Vancouver Island

by toontown

My honey and I were thinking about a quick get-away to Vancouver Island (not sure where exactly) at the end of December. What I have in mind is a cozy cabin or hotel near the beach, maybe a jacuzzi and/or fireplace. If anyone has had any experience doing this I would appreciate any tips or accommodation advice.

Thanks so much,

W

by aqazi

We stayed at a cottage in South Chesterman in Tofino thanks to a recommendation on VT. So I thought I'd pass it on to you! Our suite had a jacuzzi, sauna and fire place.

Here's the link

Az...

by bubba4783

Anywhere along Long Beach, from Ucluelet to Tofino is the ultimate storm watching area.

by suziezed

How about Middle Beach Lodge - I've never stayed there (out of my price range and no one to enjoy it with - pout) but have heard good things about it. And it looks spectacular.

See http://www.middlebeach.com/mbl/main.htm

Susan

PS My only comment is that the end of December might be a bit tricky in terms of getting in anywhere due to families being on holiday.

by ltt

check this out - we were very happy here. some units have ocean view some don't.

Comments