906 McClure St., Victoria, British Columbia, V8V 3E7, Canada

Abigail's Hotel
AMOMA.com Priceline.com Travelocity

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

One of my Top Ten

This small, boutique hotel is what I look for in a hotel. Excellent service, a limited number of rooms, located close to downtown, and an excellent breakfast (included) and snacks in the evening. The rooms were great with ample space, well decorated with fireplace and the bathrooms were nice.

Unique Quality: The breakfast is wonderful. A choice a 3 items cooked up fresh by the on staff chef. Chocolate orange pancakes, fruit crepes, waffles, salmon frittata, plus potatoes, some kind of sausage, orange juice, and coffee. The only thing missing was an espresso where you could get a latte or cupoocino.

More about Abigails Hotel

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member aswatkins

We stayed on the top floor of the coach house (3 flights of stairs, no elevator) paying a little over $200 CD per night. Room C-4 is well-decorated in rich and sophisticated burgundy tones, not the usual flowery B&B style. Staff were enthusiastic, professional and knowledgeable, and always available. Breakfast does merit the adjective "gourmet" as claimed. Welcome basket included two bottles of water and was refreshed each day. The hotel's restaurant recommendations are spot on; in particular I should call attention to their recommendation of Camille's at which we had a delightful dinner in a very romantic setting. Camilles is a pleasant walk from the Hotel. Hotel location is excellent, the "downtown" part of Victoria being only a few blocks away, and Chinatown about 3/4 mi.

Romantic and cozy

by TripAdvisor Member Preymakr

The staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel is beautiful, with wonderful down beds, and large jacuzzi's. No air conditioning, but it is in a quiet area so little noise in summer. Delicious complimentary breakfasts, and tasty after dinner tea/snacks in the library. A thoughful touch. Highly recommended.

Loved this place!

by TripAdvisor Member mkrause3

Stayed for two nights this July and can highly recommend this 'boutique' hotel. The rooms were elegant and the breakfast devine. It is situated away from the crowded downtown but yet is within easy walking distance. The service by the staff was excellent.

Abigail's is awesome!

by TripAdvisor Member elensar63

I stayed at Abigail's for two nights with my sister and my two kids(7 and 11), and the stay couldn't have been nicer. We were very lucky to get a last minute cancellation after the hotel we were originally booked into messed our reservation up. I was a little apprehensive bringing my kids to Abigail's-it is very quiet and lovely. I need not have worried.The staff was wonderful and very welcoming-my 11 year old never wanted to leave! The room was beautiful and well appointed and the breakfasts were to die for. I will certainly be going back to Abigail's!

Great service, great location

by TripAdvisor Member herculepoirot

Everyone loves Abigail's and rightly so. Superb staff and charming building. This is my idea of a B&B. Everything was perfect except the very dated (and I don't mean antique) furniture in the rooms. Looked and felt like cruise ship furniture from the 1980's which didn't go with the decor at all. Otherwise, a great stay!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member DarkCrystal

I just loved this hotel. So many wonderful little touches to make us feel at home. The breakfast was very nice and everyone went out of their way to make us comfortable. I would highly recommend Abigail's and we're already planning our next trip to Victoria and a stay at this hotel.

Wonderful place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member sanityblows

Abigail's is simply wonderful. The guest room (Sunflower) was very clean, the bed was very cozy and comfortable, and the breakfasts were simply delicious...perfect way to start the day. It has 22 rooms, and offer a full gourmet breakfast every morning and punch and appetizers late afternoon.

This is easily a five star inn/hotel, and we got an excellent deal from expedia for August 24-26 (buy 2 nights, get the 3rd night free). This worked out to be about $139 per night, which is a real steal for this fabulous place. Abby's is a few blocks to all the neat sites to see in downtown Victoria.

The guest room did not have a TV, however, they do have a large living room / library downstairs for all guests. There is alot to do in and around Abby's so you won't miss your tv. We noticed that mainly couples frequent Abby's and business people looking for a 'home away from home'. Abby's is worth every penny and we will definately return there soon.

Service, service, service

My husband and I just honeymooned in Victoria and couldn't have chosen better accomodations. Abigail's is beautifully furnished and absolutely charming. The breakfasts (included with room) were nothing less than spectacular. We chose to have our 3-course breakfast delivered in a basket to our honeymoon suite each morning. An evening reception with wonderful refreshments is available each evening along with 24-hour access to a lounge area equipped with coffee, tea, beer, and wine.

On top of the fabulous rooms and ammenities, Abigail's staff members were the most helpful group of people I have ever had at any hotel or B&B. Stellar service! One innkeeper in particular was constantly checking on our every need; making sure we had dinner reservations, that their hand-picked wine tour was to our satisfaction, etc... None of their suggestions ever steered us wrong.

Top Marks!

by TripAdvisor Member Houn

There already are many glowing reviews of Abigail's here and elsewhere. I can only confirm that they are all correct. We stayed there Oct. 19-21, 2005. We wanted for absolutely nothing. It is perhaps the perfect B&B experience. The only downside is that most likely everywhere else we stay in the future will pale by comparison. Do take advantage of the "Library" to munch the afternoon goodies that are set out and to meet and talk with the other guests. Attention to detail here is complete, from the room furnishings to the excellent breakfasts. They have EARNED their top marks.

Comments