Albion Manor Bed and Breakfast

224 Superior Street, Victoria, V8V 1T3, Canada

More about Albion Manor Bed and Breakfast

What a Gem of a B&B! We Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member Leebot

What a charming gem of a B&B, with gracious hosts Fernando and Don and as sumptuous a breakfast as anyone could ask for.

My husband and I brought two relatives with us to visit Victoria, and we were booked into two adjacent rooms at Albion's B&B. Both rooms were spacious and beautifully appointed with antique furniture and whimsical artwork. The house is so charming and we loved the antique furniture and Fernando's eclectic and often whimsical artwork. My husband commented that the mix of styles and historic periods created a relaxed feeling.

In addition to the beautiful well-appointed rooms, the place was stocked with reading and viewing material, and had comfortable public areas both upstairs and downstairs.

Albion's is an easy walk from downtown Victoria, yet still in a nice quiet location.

Don and Fernando were gracious and accommodating hosts. We loved talking to them -- they both have quite interesting stories to tell -- Don booked reservations for us at a local hotspot. Both of them did everything they could to ensure we had a pleasant stay. My husband and I would not hesitate to stay here during our next visit to Victoria!

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member Helen Barrow

We arrived at Albion Manor (formerly Ryans B&B - so be prepared for confused Taxi drivers!) at 3 in the morning UK time, about 7pm Victoria time having flown from Manchester to Vancouver, then caught the bus and ferry to Victoria. We were exhausted, it was dark and damp, and when we saw our room (4) we had to double check it was for us! We were met by Fernando who is lovely - the room was fabulous with a jacuzzi bath in the bedroom a full bathroom with tub, a walk in wardrobe and a queen sized bed, a chaise longue and 3 armchairs, TV cabinet etc. Our room was off the library which is on the lower floor of the house. The house is Victorian and is being lovingly restored by Don and Fernando - each of the rooms is different but all are luxurious, and some have private terrace. Breakfasts were a dream! Don cooks and Fernando serves. We gorged on pancakes, home made scones and cakes, fruit and yoghurt, scrambled egg & smoked salmon on bagels - and I can't remember the rest but I know it was wonderful! Don booked us a trip to go whale watching - which was marvellous - we saw a hump-back whale, a pod of transient Orcas, harbour seals, bald eagle - and we had a super marine biologist on board who gave us a great deal of information. Although we had wet weather for 3 of our 4 days, it didn't stop us doing anything. We had decided not to have a car until we left Vancouver (our next destination) and Albion Manor is in very easy walking distance of Victoria's centre. The only attraction we missed was Butchart Gardens and in wet weather we didn't think it was worth the extremely expensive tour. Had we had more time, it would have been nice to hire a car and tour the island but in 15 days its hard to fit in everything. If you don't want to walk to the centre of Victoria, there are a number of restaurants just a couple of blocks away. But we can highly recommend Barb's Fish & Chips which is on Fisherman's Wharf about a 15 minute walk away from the B&B. Whilst we were in Victoria we were lucky enough to see the Titanic Exhibition at the IMAX cinema and Royal British Columbia Museum - go there anyway just to see the totem poles. When we left to go to Vancouver we treated ourselves to fly by seaplane (instead of the 4 hour trip on the ferry and bus) which takes about 35 minutes and lands near Canada Place in Vancouver - do it - its well worth it! (they will put your luggage on earlier, or if the plane isn't full you can go with it!) We were pleased we had decided to stay in Victoria first as it let us recover from our long flight and ferry trip, and it was lovely to go back to Albion Manor and have a long soak in the bath, and sink into the wonderfully comfortable bed - we felt very pampered and looked after - the little extra touches just make the place special. We would return in a heart beat and just wish it was nearer home!

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member CLSBathUK

We stayed for 2 nights at the Albion and loved it - the rooms, the food and the hospitality could not be faulted!
We had a great meal at the Superior close by - would recommend that for a treat. We really enjoyed our stay in Victoria: particularly because we stayed here.
thanks to Don and Fernando!

Loved this beautiful B & B!

by TripAdvisor Member Brocks

This is a truly beautiful Period home in one of downtown Victoria's many peaceful leafy streets. The rooms are very tastefully furnished with antiques, art and Persian rugs. The beds are comfortable and cosy and the bathrooms are modern with touches of old-world charm eg claw-foot tubs. The living room is a veritable treasure trove of books, art, antiques and eclectic bric-a-brac. A delicious breakfast is served in the elegant dining room. Fernando and Don are charming and accommodating hosts who are happy to sit and chat - and we only stayed one night! We visited in October so didn't have a chance to sit on the deck and enjoy the garden but we will be back!

Absolutely Unforgetable!

by TripAdvisor Member lavendernight

We only stayed two nights here, obviously it is too short for us staying in such a lovely B&B in Victoria. Everyday started with the smell of coffee in the house, and the guests got together in the dining room having a beautiful breakfast and interesting conversations. Our neighbers are very friendly and everybody tried best to avoid noisy if returned late night. We don't have family and relatives in Canada for Christmas Holiday get-together, while we felt like staying with a family in this warm and elegant home. Don and Fernando are the best hosts we've ever met in our B&B's experiences, we even expected some bad weather so that we could only stay at "home" and just chatting with the hosts and other guests in that fabulous parlour enriched with Fernando's art works and their collections, or just have a cup of English tea and grab a book from a corner in our room and read in the liberary downstairs.

Fernando's art work make us miss our trips in Spain some years ago, we could feel the Spanish passion and imagination from his work and himself as well, we know there must be a lot of hard works Don and Fernando have been done to make this heritage house so unique and so comfortable for the guests who love arts and travel and also understand the art of travel.

We definately miss this place and recommend to our loved ones.

Maggie and Yu

Fabulous !!

by TripAdvisor Member sylvia1956

I had the pleasure of staying with Don and Fernando at Albion Manor for a week. I found them to be consummate hosts, gracious and friendly. My accommodation was beautiful, exquisitely decorated and generous in size. Breakfast was a force onto its own. Delicious would not describe it well enough. Be prepared to feel very welcome and to spend some time in a relaxed yet classy home. It is located within easy walking distance of downtown and Fisherman’s Wharf and a number of good restaurants are right in the neighbourhood. Ogden Point and the Breakwater are a 10 minute walk away. Very close to the Legislature, the Provincial Museum, The Empress and the inner harbour. (10 minute walk) I liked it so much, I will be there again in March 2008 for a week!

A Gourmet/Museum Experience

by TripAdvisor Member Chrisinindia

Two things really impressed me about this place: the size of the rooms (and the décor) and the unbelievably delicious food. I work in the arts, so staying at Albion Manner was like being at home. This place offers the antithesis of the antiseptic, soulless hotel experience. It is in a quiet neighbourhood and has a gorgeous garden and so we enjoyed being "at home" more than seeing the sites of Victoria. I unhesitatingly recommend Albion House and its warm and gracious hosts, Don and Fernando.

Great hosts, fabulous food and beautiful rooms.

by TripAdvisor Member canadiantravelerAB

Albion Manor was our first Bed and Breakfast experience and our first time traveling together. Both where a great success! The location is great, we were able to walk to everywhere with ease. We where absolutely delighted by the decadent and delicious breakfast experience! And the rooms were fantastic with their rich furnishings and spa like bathroom. We slept so well in this quiet sanctuary. Everything is designed to create relaxation and enjoyment. Our time at Albion Manor has created a sweet and lasting memory for us both.

Jennifer and Paul

Simply The Best

by TripAdvisor Member EmilyEdmonton

As a great fan of B&Bs throughout Canada, having travelled cross-country many times, Albion Manor was simply the best B&B experience I've ever had. This B&B was a great mixture of understated luxury, gourmet eats, quietly friendly hosts, comfort and a fantastic location. We were given our choice of our rooms upon arrival, and after a tour, found it difficult to choose which would be the biggest treat. Each was beautifully decorated but not in a way that was intimidating--just really comfortable elegance. All were spacious. Bathrooms were all brand new - my room had a spotless marble walk-in glass shower as well as a whirltub. Linens were highest quality, and I slept like a log. The four-poster antique king bed was super-comfortable. Don and Fernando have added lots of fascinating objets d'arts from their travels and their own collection, and combined with the historical flavour of the home, it makes for a delightful visual experience in each of the public areas as well as my own room. There was always something new to see and explore throughout the home; there were many guests and yet it's so spacious you didn't see them unless you wanted to. My mom said "I'll never have breakfasts like that anywhere else, that's for sure!". None of this "bacon and egg" stuff! We were treated to souffles, market sausage, curried fruit (unbelievably good) and many other goodies you just don't get anywhere else. Lots of great conversation around the dining table, too. These two gentlemen run an establishment that is top of my list for my next visit to Victoria (I go there often) and I just can't imagine staying anywhere else. Talk about value for money, but also the experience of their friendliness, professionalism, and knowledge of the city (they directed us to no less than 3 excellent restaurants, all within walking distance) is just outstanding. On my return home I sent their website to a whole bunch of people, I was so impressed. The home is a super mix of quiet luxury, friendliness, and a bit of quirkiness thrown in to reflect the history of the property, where everything was perfectly maintained and beautifully presented. I can't wait to get back.

Highly recommended.

by TripAdvisor Member welling2n

Albion Manor is in a great location. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast delicious, and the hosts are charming. My husband and I had a great weekend.

Terry Fox: Monument near Milepost 0Terry Fox: Monument near Milepost 0

Pathway Connects Banfield Park to Galloping GoosePathway Connects Banfield Park to Galloping Goose

Details of Craigdarroch CastleDetails of Craigdarroch Castle

Bottom Floor of Tourism Victoria has Eateries, etcBottom Floor of Tourism Victoria has Eateries, etc

"Cucina" Restaurant in Dragon Alley

by Jetgirly

This place is generating MAJOR buzz. Anyone tried it yet? It's only open for lunch, from noon to three. One employee, two tables, $20 per person... PLEASE FILL ME IN!

Re: "Cucina" Restaurant in Dragon Alley

by Razmataac

20 dollars per person and just two tables. How can that possibly be a business?

Curious if anyone knows...

Re: "Cucina" Restaurant in Dragon Alley

by Jetgirly

They're big tables... they seat about eight. I'm sure people have to share. Anyways, with all the talk about this place I'm sure it's packed every lunch hour. I went and poked around at 2:50 the other day and it was empty, but I expected as much ten minutes before closing.

Comments