Amethyst Inn at Regents Park

1501 Fort Street, Victoria, British Columbia, V8S 1Z6, Canada

Amethyst Inn at Regents Park
Travelocity AMOMA.com Hotels.com

• worst experience

Well...I have to say that the new owner of this inn is far from honest and decent. There are used to be good Taiwanese owners there, but right now situation changes. A room I have booked several months ago and lived in for several months ends up unavailable, because the owner told me she got a richer tenant who could pay her $750/month instead of my $600/month (for just one bedroom, gosh...) Currently I am in the States and am suddently be informed of this news... It's totally like a tragedy for me......especially during my vacation time...

More about Amethyst Inn at Regents Park

A Victorian Treat

by TripAdvisor Member Amc-TRIP

My husband and I recently stayed at the Amethyst Inn and were very impressed by the B & B and the lovely family running the establishment. Our room was beautifully appointed and very clean. The bed consisted of an antique wooden frame and a very comfortable matress which made our night's sleep exemplory. The bathroom had a gorgeous therapy tub and was also very well kept. As it was low season, we were able to request our breakfast be served slightly later than normal. The breakfast itself was impressively delicious with full tea service, freshly squeezed juices, fruit and granole to start, and a main dish of superb eggs Benedict. Given the great service and beautiful surroundings, the room prices seemed reasonable. We are definitely hoping to return to the Inn in the near future as Abel, Shelley, and Jenny made our stay so delightful. I highly recommend visiting this B & B.

our best experience ever - the inn is perfect!!!

by TripAdvisor Member azzle

we were told by many that the amethyst is the best place for romance - and we were not let down!! in the end we chose the amethyst inn as our place to elope. and it was everything we could have hoped for... extremely romantic setting, great service, tons of package options, and the owners even went that extra mile and witnessed our ceremony.

we arrived to a warm greeting - our room was beautiful, clean and perfectly prepared - they helped us set up for our ceremony - we were given all the privacy we needed (including a few moments after the "i do's" to completely savor our moment - along with witnessing and with perfect timing, they presented us with yummy champagne and a gorgeous cake on breathtaking china - they booked a cab to pick us up and bring us to evening reservations at the empress - we had a private entrance when we got home - and after a beautiful wedding night in an ideal romantic setting, we played in the most amazing spa tub (with bubbles and lights and aveda products and all that good stuff) - we slept in and woke to a scrumptious breakfast in a dinning room so beautifully decorated i couldn't stop taking pictures - they also went out of their way to give us a full tour upon our request and let me tell you each room has it's own personality and appeal, it truly is the kinda of place where it's impossible to get a disappointing space - they sent us off with big smiles and stacks full of sighting seeing hints, maps and pamphlets... it couldn't have been better.

i not only love the house, but our hosts were absolutely wonderful - if you're going to vitoria (which is a beautiful city by the way) this is the way to do it. they take care of all your bookings, the food is amazing, the house is to die for (not only romantic but it also has areas that are family friendly, business friendly, pet friendly, and spa friendly. i can't wait to go again!!!

thank you amethyst.

mr & mrs farrell =D

In Awe!

by TripAdvisor Member tat2db4

We celebrated our honeymoon at Amethyst Inn B&B.
The Duchess Room was spectular and the service for breakfast matched the high quaility of the room and stay.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone! Thanks again to making our special night ( a night to remember )!!

Wretched experience

by TripAdvisor Member diva13

We were in Victoria for ten days to attend a social work seminar at the University of Victoria. We ended up staying at the Amethyst Inn after an apartment that we had booked ended up being unavailable. We were desperate to find accomodation near the university and the Amethyst Inn seemed to be a lovely choice. We were put in the little cottage house at the back , in the top room. We paid $120 per day for two people. The room had no bedding for the pullout couch, no telephone, no desk, and no television. The fireplace did not work. The lamps did not work. The whirlpool tub worked on one speed - high. There were half-used bottles of dried up liquid soap and some obviously very old packages of makeup remover that served as offerings of bathroom toiletries along with two wrapped chocolates that had been around for so long the print on the wrapper had worn off. There was a small fridge but it leaked and did not stay cold. There were plates and cups but not even a coffeemaker. We were told that the breakfasts were amazing but "breakfast is not for you". In ten days, our sheets were never changed and our towels were never replaced. We had to go to the main house to ask for toilet paper and kleenex and it was made clear that we could only have one of each. As has been mentioned, there were rules posted about everything. Another person attending the seminar stayed in a room below us. She was a single female and was told that she could not entertain any friends in her room. We were all told that we would have to vacuum our room once a week or we would have an extra $20 added to our bill and that they would check at intervals to make certain that the vacuuming had been done! (We had to go to the back basement door to pick up the vacuum) Keep in mind that we were all adult women from ages 30 to 50.

The entire stay with taxes cost us about $1400. We paid the same price that we would have at a good hotel for a room with no amenities and no service. It was a horrendous experience. We were were treated as if we were either children or hired help. We will never go back and have made a point of making certain the university does not place this B&B on its listing for visiting students/lecturers.

Enjoyable Anniversary

by TripAdvisor Member dizzyblondekim

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Our room was the Boudoir Room in the main house. There are 13 rooms I believe, the rooms in the main house are the best rooms; filled with antiques and well appointed. No showers but jetted tubs, the fixtures were new, the bedding clean and I did the white glove test on many items-passed. The whole house was clean and filled with antiques. It was close to town, driving distance approx. 10 minutes. Breakfast was good, alot of food though! Tea, Coffee and Sherry were available in the sitting room. The family was friendly and willing to please making any change you wish within their means. Craigdarroch Castle was within walking distance and a treat I highly recommend. The Empress High Tea although expensive at $50 per person worth every penny and somthing not to be missed while in Victoria as a treat. If you are looking for a special occassion dinner, we highly recommend the Rosemeade Dinningroom at the Old English Inn, approx. drive 12 (as per Mapquest.com) from the B & B, 1st class. Overall, the Amethyst Inn was an enjoyable stay.

great hospitality

this elegant b&b is a gem away from the busy tourist area, and yet downtown is within minutes drive. the hospitality is first class here. the hosts sherry and abel are just about the warmest people you will ever meet. the breakfast is luxurious, delicious and beautifully presented. it varies every morning! the jacuzzi tub is a real bonus. we certainly enjoyed ours very much. the large sitting area in the dining room has tea and coffee always available. we were able to entertain our friends who did not stay here. we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Warm, wonderful inn. Charming helpful hosts, fabulous rooms and breakfasts!

by TripAdvisor Member jlmurphyandpups

Just a wonderful experience. Hosts went out of their way to tell us about sights, and treat us as the only guests, even though they were about full. Room was beautiful, quiet, comfortable and luxurious. Whole family was charming. Just a great experience...........one of the nicest inns we've ever experienced.

It was our first time in Victoria and we picked a winner!

Jim and Lorna
Mason Neck, VA

by TripAdvisor Member supertvo

My wife & I wanted to visit Victoria after our Alaska cruise. We saw a lot of good reviews on this inn via tripadvisor and decided to check it out. It surpassed my expectation. The house is absolutely beautiful, well-maintained... The breakfast was excellent. The host couple are welcome, nice, honest and make us feel at home.

One of the best of many B&B's my wife and I have stayed in.

by TripAdvisor Member 1Phillip5

My wife and I make a habit of staying in bed and breakfasts when we travel. We have stayed in a marvelous 600 year old castle near Edinburgh Scotland, a mannor house in Edinburgh, the award winning Hillside House in Friday Harbor, a rustic hunting camp in North Bend Washington and many more. Amethyst House is one of the best! We stayed in the Jasmine room in the carraige house, the room was comfortable, clean and service was excellent. This restored Victorian Mansion whith its antique furnishings, created an atmosphere of romance and intrique of a bygone era. Our hosts Carrie, Jenney and their parrents were warm and friendly. Each evening one or more of them joined us for tea and good conversation in the main floor parlor. It was like a visit with good friends. Breakfasts were great, the food excellent and the service wonderful.

Phil & Pat Honolulu

Traquility at Amethyst Inn

by TripAdvisor Member SilverBeetle

This was a marvelous place and the hosts were incredible, too. If you have the choice, stay out of the downtown, as construction noise starts about 6:30. Awesome breakfasts, too. Two thumbs up!

Lots of Rows of Literature in Visitor's CenterLots of Rows of Literature in Visitor's Center

Huge Whale Skeleton hangs around Royal BC MuseumHuge Whale Skeleton hangs around Royal BC Museum

Craigdarroch Castle Main Dining RoomCraigdarroch Castle Main Dining Room

One of Many Hotels in Victoria advertising BikesOne of Many Hotels in Victoria advertising Bikes

Monthly Rental - no lease

by the_p0et

My wife and I are buying a townhouse but it won't be ready till Oct 15th. We arrive at the end of this month, so we need to find a place for 1.5 months. Do you guys know of any motels/inns/b&b's at or under $1000/mo or even a place to rent which has no lease? We found 2 inn's so far but not sure if they're any good. One is the Oxford Castle Inn and the other is Red Lion Inn.

Thanks!

by Jetgirly

I would post on Craigslist.org (the Victoria page, obviously) before staying at either of those hotels. I checked some of the listings on the site and found

http://suitedreamsinn.ca/ (no bus access)

Honestly, if I were you I would just start calling around to B&Bs and asking about monthly rates. It would be a lot nicer than staying in either of the hotels you have listed above.

by the_p0et

Thanks for your suggestions. I had a look and they were either too pricey or too far from where we'll need to be.

I'll keep looking. May just go for the Oxford Castle Inn since it does look ok

by Jetgirly

Red Lion has a strip club attached. It's ghetto.

by the_p0et

Yeah, heard bad things about Red Lion.. maybe not.

But Oxford Castle has a reasonable extended stay rate for Sept and Oct.

Comments