Comfort Inn And Suites Waterside

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 15% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about Victoria

Small Observation Shelter along Westsong WalkwaySmall Observation Shelter along Westsong Walkway

Terry Fox: Monument near Milepost 0Terry Fox: Monument near Milepost 0

Boats at Anchor off Banfield ParkBoats at Anchor off Banfield Park

Old Mansion on Left, Modern Gallery on RightOld Mansion on Left, Modern Gallery on Right

Visa requirement for travel to Victoria

by vishal_bits

Hii, all, Myself Vishal from India. I have a query regarding the visa requirement for travel to Victoria. I have planned for a travel to Victoria next month.I have visa for Victoria. I have got my air-tickets booked and my flight will land in victoria international airport which is situated in Sidney. Do I need any kind of visa for Sidney also ?

by IndianPacific

How can you get a visa just for Victoria? It must be an Australian visa. Or are you talking about working and settlement permissions?

by vishal_bits

@ India pacific, I am talking of Victoria City of Canada, I am going there for a holiday purpose.

by IndianPacific

The question is still the same. Don't you then have a visa for the entire Canada?

by Fluffy_bunny

Canada does not have regional visas. You will have to get a Canadian visa which will allow you to travel anywhere in the country. This visa is NOT available on arrival. You will have to arrange it in your home country.

by loose_motion

Talk in countries .
Where is victoria ?
Where is sidney - or possibly sydney .
Are they both in the same country ? Do you have an unrestricted visa for that country ( one that is not city specific ) ?

That should answer that

Travel Tips for Victoria

Who needs air-conditioning?

by richiecdisc

Victoria is a perfect town for a stroll. It's compact and every street is full of architectural marvels. Down by the Inner Harbor is particularly scenic and The Empress Hotel never fails to bring visitors back to another time. Victoria is my kind of town, enough culture to keep you from being bored but not too much to get in the way of enjoying strolling its streets lined with turn-of-the-century architectural marvels, grabbing something different and interesting to eat for every meal, and of course, doing a bit of beer hunting. Victoria also has a lovely island waterfront setting and being the capitol of British Colombia is very much a British affair. In fact, it could very well be the most English town outside of the United Kingdom. So, along with there always being a good Indian just up the road, their pubs are purveyors of hand-drawn cask-conditioned ales. Add to all this that it is in Canada, the land of the happy-go-lucky Canuck; and you would imagine I would be bursting at the seams with happiness, right? But I wasn't entirely so.

Don't get me wrong, I was enjoying myself and especially in showing my wife who had never been a town I knew she would love. Something just wasn't quite right and I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe it was all this sun. A town like Victoria should be shrouded in fog, all misty and a bit nippy. You should be tucking in for a cuppa tea at every chance. But it was unusually hot for an island-bound town in the northern Pacific. Damn, it was just too nice to spend the day enjoying all the great session beers the local brewpubs produce and I found myself outside nearly the whole time, walking and actually sweating. In Victoria, sweating. Locals told us it was highly unusual, it would only last a few days but we were only there for a few days. Where was the fog? Where was the atmosphere?

We had even managed to find an inexpensive room, right in the city center. We parked the car and would not need it again until we left. It was in an old building with old plumbing and of course with no air-conditioning. Who needs air-conditioning in Victoria? Well, we sure could have used it and we're from Florida! (concluded below in Fondest Memory)

Walking around the Harbour and...

by VanIsle

Walking around the Harbour and taking in all the sites.
Victoria is a real tourist destination and it is so much fun to wander around and people watch.
the Parliment Buildings are a very pretty site when all lit up in the evenings
Butchard Gardens is another place not to be missed .
It is a beautiful Place to spend a afternoon.
And the FireworkShow they but on is Great!

First time away!

by unigirl

My fondest memory has to be of my trip to Victoria in the fall of 1993 when I was 14. I went with my friend Justine, and we had a blast! Her father dropped us in the city centre, and we just walked around and explored for hours. It was the first time I had really gone anywhere without my parents. It was fabulous! The picture is of myself, Justine, and her brother on a hilltop overlooking the city....

The Empress Hotel

by Carmanah

is visiting the city when I was 5 years old with my family! Here I am infront of the Empress Hotel yet again, except unlike my trip to Victoria in March 2001, here I am standing (in blue) with my sister (in pink) and my mom (in yellow) in the summer of 1985! My does time fly... but the Empress hasn't changed at all! Read more about this trip in my travelogue called Cowichan Lake.

Swiftsure International Yacht Race

by rmdw

Every May the Swiftsure is held in Victoria. There are different routes for different types & sizes of boats.

I've never participated but it's a neat thing to watch from the shore. Well ... for a few minutes anyway!!!

Comments