Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa

Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• sinjabc's Profile Photo

Decent Hotel

All the regular expectations while staying at this hotel chain: clean, comfortable room with a warm bed and nice toiletries.

However, we booked ahead by phone but upon check-in the pet-friendly room we booked as not on our reservation. The pet package includes processed milk bones that upset the dogs stomach (surprised because the Oswego Hotel gives high-quality dog biscuits), and the mini bar is not lasered and had to be manually verified upon check-out (another 20 minutes).

Reasonable stay for a decent hotel chain, however, we probably will not stay here again given other nicer choices.

The Sunday evening in October during Thanksgiving weekend was about $150 per night with the AAA discount, extra $35 pet fee and extra $16 per day for parking.

• VaughnB's Profile Photo

Quality Hotel but not my style

I am a B&B kind of a guy. I like interesting and fun places to stay. This Hotel was choosen for business travel and for that it was great. It is a four star accomodation. Thank God work paid as we got a discount on the room and because I work for a global corporation got many things thrown in like high speed internet access and underground parking. If not it can be very expensive here. Nothing is free except the apples at the reception desk. Did I get good staff service Yes, was it four star quality, Yes, located well, Yes, but it was not for me if I was vacationing, No. I found the staff greeting me by Mr. Bengert yet did not know how they knew me.

Unique Quality: Great views of the Victoria harbour. The carpet in the elevator changes each day and the carpet has the day of the week in the carpet.

Meals in the restaurant are very high. I had a buffet breakfast that was little more than continental for $17 before taxes or tip. I must admit they served the best apple juice I have ever had.

Directions: Acroos the harbour from downtown Victoria. Only a 5 minute walk that is scenic to downtown.

More about Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Resort And Spa

Loved Victoria

by TripAdvisor Member centralcoastlove

We were at the Delta Victoria around New Year's and the hotel was empty, so we were surprised to be given a standard room that overlooked the hotel entry. Room was kind of small for the three of us; beds were fine. We found the employees to be very nice, but the service was sketchy. Our first night we went to the less expensive restaurant, which was literally empty, and stood waiting while the one server inexplicably cleaned a table for us while there were a dozen made-up ones right there. Glad we didn't go to the expensive hotel restaurant (it was being renovated). Workout room was good. We spent very little time at the hotel. Loved Murchie's and the shops along Government. Had lunch at Pescatore's, which was good but not the best. Breakfast at Cafe Teatro was very good. Enjoyed the art museum and literally ran through Butchart Gardens one morning because it was freezing cold. We went back later that night to see the Christmas light display, which was fantastic. We all really liked Victoria; it was a nice counterpoint to cosmopolitan Vancouver. And the drivers in Canada are so polite!

Highly Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member chanpatr

Delta Victoria OPR is definitely one of the better hotels of had the pleasure of experiencing. As I'm a Delta Privilege member, check-in took less than 2 mintues. We had a "Delta" room, which is their standard room, and found it to be quite spacious. We had a view of the front entrance of the hotel, tennis courts, and fountain. If you don't mind paying a bit more, you can get a Premier room which overlooks the Victoria's Inner Harbour. The room was well maintained and amenities bed, desk, and etc.) were first-class.

The staff will do everything they can to make your stay pleasantful. They offer free shuttle rides in to downtown Victoria (across the bridge) and there is a conceirge desk that will book your excursions into town. We only took the shuttle once, as you can easily walk into town within 5 mintues. I called down to the front desk to request more towels and they were delivered within 20 minutes.

As we only stayed 1 night, we did not have a chance to see their swimming pool or well-known spa. The only negative thing I can say about this hotel is that parking is extra ($12 CDN/night). But other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Victoria.

Great Hotel

Had an excellent experience here. Our room had a great view overlooking the harbor, the staff was friendly and attentive and the room was quite nice. I definitely plan to stay here the next time I am in Victoria.

Possibly the best hotel ever

by TripAdvisor Member reegieluigi

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Not only was the price fantastic for the quality of the hotel ($120 Canadian dollars for what I consider to be a 5-star hotel) but the views were astounding. Our room had an extremely comfortable king sized bed and a partial harbor view that let us watch ships coming in and out of the harbor. It was clean, excellently cared for, and the gazebo pool was a wonderful place to relax at the end of the day. Victoria is a beautiful place and we cannot wait to return. Also took a bike tour of the island's wine country with Cycle Treks (located in Victoria) and saw the most amazing sights. All in all this was a memorable experience and a great hotel!

Beautiful hotel and great service!

We changed to the Delta after an unpleasant night at a very pricy B&B. Everything about the Delta was wonderful, and put our vacation back on track. The beds are luxurious, food excellent and room service efficient. There's a small stocked refrigerator and snack bar, and fluffy his/hers terry robes. I don't know if any of their rooms have balconies, but ours had a bay windowed sitting area with terrific harbor views. Our stay was peaceful, quiet and very enjoyable. We would definitely stay here again.

Still a nice place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member TheOntarioguy

I have been staying here regularly for the past three years. It is still a nice place to stay but is not as fresh as say the new Marriott.

The good:
Excellent location on the harbour.
Friendly staff.
Decent restaurant
Good sized rooms.
Well equiped fitness center
Almost instant check-in with Delta Privilege.

The not so good:
Some of the rooms have start to look at bit worn with scuffed furniture etc.
Some of the bedding and towels been washed a few too many times.
Signature club snacks are not on par with what I have experienced in say Hilton executive floor lounges.

Flawless

by TripAdvisor Member EllenInToronto

This was a great hotel stay ! I tagged along when my husband went for a conference--and we almost refused to leave-- stayed two extra days and explored the Gulf Islands.
Wonderful rooms with great views, and windows that opened to the breeze, genuinely friendly staff, who kept offering us the use of the Shuttle, telling us what was going on, and generally being helpful. Can't wait to go back-- Victoria is a neat city and the Islands are spectacular.

nice hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member sjkaters

My husband and I stayed at the delta ocean pointe hotel in Victoria, British Columbia for the weekend of our fifth anniversary. The hotel is very nice we had a delta signature club room for the weekend. These rooms allow you the use of the signature club where there is a daily continental breakfast in the morning and hors d'oeuvres in the late afternoon/evening. There is also a patio overlooking the harbour where we ate our breakfast every morning. It was beautiful.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The concierge helped us with reservations for our anniversary dinner and suggested a wonderful restaurant call the rosemeade dining room (at the English Inn & Resort). The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visting the Victoria area.

The location of the hotel is great. Across the Harbour from the Empress Hotel but close to all the action and all the shopping. The weather was great when we were there and we took advantage of it by walking where ever we needed to go. No sights were too far to walk to.

All in all. I would stay at this hotel again and maybe next time upgrade the room for a harbour view.

Comments