4122 Village Green, Whistler, British Columbia, V0N 1B4, Canada
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 36% less but rated 11% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Adara Hotel

A taste of modern on the mountain

by TripAdvisor Member hamburgerpanda

I stayed at the Adara Hotel for five nights in March. We had booked a king bedroom but when we arrived, we were given a two-queen room instead. They were gracious about moving us, only it had to be the next day. Aside from that minor problem, our stay was perfectly pleasant and relaxing. I was really impressed with the care they take to know who you are, store your equipment the second you come off the mountain, and help you with reservations and advice. I also liked all the little touches, such as water bottles at the hot tub or creamer in the fridge for your coffee. Although the Adara is a little more pricey than I usually go, it's a bargain compared to other rooms in Whistler, and I didn't mind the lack of restaurants on-site, and I also didn't get a lot of noise in my room. I often wished we could have had a drink or two in the lobby, which is beautiful, but the trade-off would have been a noisy bar.

The top feature of the Adara however, is its interior design. I would recommend it highly If you prefer modern interiors to traditional. In fact, it's pretty much the only option you have. All the surroundings are just stunning. Also if you prefer a secluded romantic zone away from families or party people, this is the best place in Whistler.

Very Average

by TripAdvisor Member Ulysseys

Overall a pretty average experience. On the plus side the rooms are nice, well decorated and clean and the beds are very comfortable. There is an iPod docking station by the bed which is nice. Location is also very good. Very short distance to the lifts.

On the minus side the place is noisy. Walls are pretty thin and you can hear people next door and in the hall. Which is not a big problem unless your neighbours are noisy - and mine were.

Also there is no bar or restaurant in the place. Part of the allure of a design hotel is that, usually, there is a good bar scene. The Adara has a nice lobby but that is it. Also they offered a "continental" breakfast for $9.99 which is essentially a muffin and coffee. Skip the breakfast, grab the free coffee and find breakfast somwhere else.

And its not exactly cheap. I didn't find the place to be exceptional value.

I would stay there again if the prices came down but for the price I think you can find a better place to stay in Whistler.

great room and service, awful noise

by TripAdvisor Member jaspas

A lovely hotel with wonderfuly comfortable rooms, but appaling noise problem on the second floor. Staff were incredibly helpful when I phoned twice around 11pm then midnight to complain about the noise and we got upgraded to a loft room for our other nights. Loved the Ipod speakers and the comfortable beds and also the really funky bathrooms! However, real issues with the noise for me (being a light sleeper) - even in the loft rooms you could still hear noise from the club outside. Such a shame, especially as the location is great!

If you sleep like a log then definitely stay here, but if you like peace and quiet I would recommend going elsewhere...you may not be as fortunate as we were to get our room changed.

Hip and Stylish in Whistler

by TripAdvisor Member Jesse_K

Our stylish room (with loft bedroom) provided a hip and comfortable basecamp for the weekend. We found it was the details that made the difference: trendy fixtures and furniture, lavish bathroom and linens, etc.

Very pleasant and welcoming staff, room was well attended to and we didn't really notice the niose problems noted in other reviews. It is located in the heart of Whistler's village, so we expected that it would be lively and reflective of being in the middle of the action.

From lobby to room to location this is an above average value for such a cool hotel. Highly recommended to compliment a full Whistler experience... and we didn't even go skiing!

Bypass the Adara - not a 'Boutique' Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelerguyNewYork

We stayed at the Adara for four nights in the middle of the week MLK week in Jan. 07. Disappointing to say the least. No greeting upon pulling up to the hotel. Brought our own bags in. The lobby/front desk/"concierge" service is all essentially one person - whoever is manning the front desk at the time. Nice people - but too much to expect one person to do if they want it done effectively. Upon arrival (approx 2pm in the afternoon on a Monday), the halls were terribly dirty/messy...surprising that they hadn't been cleaned yet at such a late hour...this was standard throughout the stay. Another example of the poor cleanliness...one day a large piece of gum was on the floor of the elevator when we left in the a.m. - still there in the afternoon. Elevator was always a mess actually - not a big deal in the scheme of things, just annoying when you are supposedly staying at a nice place. Bed was terribly uncomfortable (no support in the middle and sagged...surprising since a fairly new hotel). Turn-down service was intermittent - only 2 nights out of four. Lobby "continental breakfast" seemed very silly (especially considering the $9.95 charge) - a few sad-looking danishes, cereal options, etc. And, the comments you read about the loud noise from the nearby club are true...and, we also could clearly hear our neighbors TV through the wall as well as their conversation (and neither appeared to be in a particularly loud volume).

Positives: room decor is nice, room itself was clean, "Fresh" brand product in the bathroom was great (although not replenished enough) and staff was generally pleasant and helpful (although the multi-tasking required of the front desk personnel resulted in poor delivery of service).

This is definitely not a "boutique" hotel - we travel frequently on business and pleasure and this hotel was truly a top-notch disappointment. It is a no-frills, minimal-service establishment that happens to be decorated well. A Days Inn with fashionable decor essentially. If you have stayed at the owners' other property (The Opus Hotel in Vancouver BC), as we have, don't expect this to be similar...we definitely would not stay here on a return visit to Whistler.

Whistler itself is a great town - great skiing, people, and times. Enjoy!

Horribel Service

by TripAdvisor Member S5S6

We stayed at Adara this past weekend. We have book a package that included Champagne in the room as well as a couple's massage for 6:00PM at the night of our arrival.

We got to the hotel. No greeting. The receptionist was rude. The hotel looks very modern, but the elevator is too slow ( for three floors it take 15minutes to get one)! We got in to the room, the picture are much nicer, doesnt look anything like it! There was no Champagne! We had to call them up, and after 25 minutes they brought us a bottle! As for the couple's massage there was none! We had to call and ask about it, and after asking why?How?When? And taking away from our time together. They said that they can schedule it for the same night at 6:00. We get dressed, come down (the spa is not in the hotel!!!) And we find out that she booked it for the next night!! Oh and there was a wine chees event downstrais at the lobby!!! Bad serivce, bad cheese, and ok wine(Mission Hill)!
Next day in the mroning we ordred breakfast to have in the room before going Skiing! There brought us 2 juice bottles, horrible coffee, and these two oily muffins god knows from when!!!
And when you think it does not get any worst:
We are having breakfast, someone knocks at th door, its the hotel attendant coming to check the bar!!!! He was walking around the room looking for items!!!
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO VISIT THIS HOTEL!WASTE OF LOCATION & MONEY!

Fantastic Stay at the Adara

by TripAdvisor Member cydb

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay at the Adara. The loft rooms are amazing, and the decor is fun and unique. The staff was really friendly and helpful, and recommended great restaurants around the village. They even offered us apres-ski wine and cheese. We love staying at different boutique hotels all around the world, and the Adara is definitely on our fav list.

Very nice. With some issues.

by TripAdvisor Member sheraprincessofpowa

Being a lover of boutique hotels, I decided to try this one out for a trip to Whistler I planned for a few days.

This hotel was recommended to me by Whister Blackcomb accommodations, as I was trying to decide between this and 2 others. I got a great rate, so I decided on this, even after reading some reviews about noise.

I was mid-mountain when I pulled out my cell phone at 2:30 and called them, asking for an early check-in. I overdid my skiing, I needed a hottub...STAT! She said to come on over, my room was ready, I moaned a 'thank you' and made my way over there.

When I arrived, there was no one standing outside of the hotel to greet my arriving car, which was a bit concerning since I had just called, in some discomfort, saying I would need help with my bags and such.

But the minute I pulled myself out of my car and walked in, there was a porter who ran to my car and unloaded it and the receptionist seemed very happy to welcome me. I had asked for a King when reserving my room, and lo and behold, I was told I'd be getting a King (the suites have either two doubles or one King). She gave me a room and I noticed it was on the 'noisy' side of the building, the side not facing the village. Buffalo Bill's bar is a few doors away, and that side of the building can be quite loud. When I raised my concern, I was moved to a King room on the quiet side of the building.

When I got to my room I went to grab a water in the fridge, except there weren't any except for a 1/2 drank bottle the previous guest had left. The porter seemed embarrassed and sent for some. The mini-bar and basket goodies are very inexpensive for hotel, my guess is that since they don't have a restaurant, they don't overcharge for the in-room food and bev.

The bed was *amazing*. Warm with lots of blankies, but comfortable mattress. The bathroom was nicely decorated, but it didn't have a deep soaker tub, something some people find invaluable after some hard skiing. It had this rain shower, where the rain nozzle hung from the ceiling. There was an oxygen cannister for purchase for altitude sickness in the bathroom, good idea as I felt a little lightheaded after doing some peak skiing.

True, the walls are pretty thin. Within 10 seconds I heard the guests next door...uhhh...well I won't go into detail but you catch my drift. So I went to the hot tub.

Facilities are nice, very hip. Walking into the hot tub area, you're greeted by this very nicely designed set up of change 'rooms' with rolled bathtowels everywhere. Hottub fits 8, outdoor pool was too cold to swim in.

One drag is that there is NOT a restaurant in the hotel so forget if you want room service or a quick nibble. But they do offer a take-out delivery menu from neighboring restaurants. Wasn't too keen on the choices but I was having a craving for some nachos and beer. So I went out to find it. This was, of course, after the Guest Services guy called 10 restaurants TRYING to get nachos delivered. He couldn't find anywhere that would do it.

Although noise is an issue, I would recommend this hotel based purely on service. The service was truly outstanding, they really tried to please.

Great stay...just a little noise

by TripAdvisor Member Pookachino

My husband and I stayed at the Adara last week, during our first visit to Whistler. We are big fans of modern design and boutique hotels, so were really excited about staying in this intimate and well-appointed spot. We were thrilled with the fun asthetics of our Superior King room on the "courtyard side" of the Adara--from the great fireplace mounted on the wall across from the bed, to the funky shower wall, to the cool bright orange chaise lounge in our room.
We can't say enough about how friendly and welcoming we found the staff at the Adara. Most of the employees seem to hail from Australia and New Zealand and really enjoy their jobs--making their guests comfortable.
The only small glitches we noticed at the hotel were, of course, the noise level above the attached bar. However, it really wasn't that bad until Saturday night when the bass level climbed exponentially. It really wouldn't have been a problem had we not been trying to get a (fairly) restful night's sleep for an early bus back to Vancouver.
The only other slight problem we experienced was with our room safe...it jammed three times, taking hotel staff about 15 minutes to open each time. Fortunately, this wasn't a big problem and the staff was kind enough to stow our valuables in the manager's office while we hit the slopes.
We would highly recommend the Adara for its location, design and friendly service!

Really Good

by TripAdvisor Member ctron1

When I go to Whistler (which is about five long weekends a year) I always book through the Whistler Blackcomb website. They seem to give the best deal. We have stayed all over Whistler village.

Last weekend we went up for the last few days of Whistler mountain being open. We booked the Adara. It wasn't the cheapest option on the website but we are glad we booked.

The front desk were really nice, offering water and all sorts on check in and when you walked through the lobby. When you picked anything up someone always ran to see if they could lend a hand.

The rooms were good. Well appointed and rather oddly finished - but fun (I liked the background noise machine beside the bed!)

We were there at the weekend and found no noise at all. I am the worlds lightest sleeper and it was fine. They also provide complementary ear plugs - but I didnt need them

The best thing about this place is the bed! boy oh boy is it comfortable! I loved it - I slept like a three year old. It was a great place and we loved it

Comments