3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Crystal Lodge (Part 2)

Attached are some photos of our hotel room as well as the lobby of Crystal Lodge. Overall, my wife and I had a good experience staying here due to the clean and spacious room, friendly staff and very good location in Whistler town whereby we can easily explore the area. Also, the cost is reasonable, probably because we visited during summer rather than the popular skiing winter months.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Crystal Lodge (Part 1)

The Crystal Lodge is a very good hotel in a great location in Whistler. The rooms are clean, spacious and staff are friendly. The location is very centralise in the heart of Whistler town surrounded by shops, restaurants, supermarket etc. The cable car up Whistler mountain is probably less than 100 metres away.

Also, the bus terminal is nearby, where you can take buses (e.g. greyhound, perimeter bus) to the airport, vancouver etc as well as free local buses to nearby attractions such as Lost Lake.

Please go to part 2 of this tip for more information and photos.

More about Crystal Lodge Hotel

Crystal Lodge has it all

by TripAdvisor Member JohnPeterson

We didn't know what to expect at the Crystal Lodge, but we would definitely recommend it. It has it all ! Location, great staff and a newly renovated property. This is the best value we have had in Whistler !

Excellent location at the Crystal Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member Doris75fp

I stayed at the Crystal Lodge last year for 11 x nights and had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are comfortable and spacious (we had a deluxe room).
The outdoor heated pool is a great way to relax after a long day on the mountain, and there's plenty of reataurants nearby to dine out in the evening. I would recommend The Old Spaghetti Factory for pizza / pasta.
The best thing by far about the Crystal Lodge is it's location in the heart of the village, just a stones throw from both Gondola's. For a three star accomodation I would say it is well up to standard, and I'm sure I will stay here again in the future.

Great Experience at the Crystal Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member mm3708

My wife and I just got back from honeymooning in Whistler and we had a great experience at the Crystal Lodge. When we arrived at the hotel we found out that our family had upgraded us to a deluxe room and the hotel staff made sure we got the best suite possible. They had even gone to the trouble of purchasing champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for us from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory next door. The room was perfect with a little balcony overlooking the main street (from which we could see the Blackcomb gondola only fifty feet away), a wonderful big jacuzzi tub, and everything was brand new after the recent renovation. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay.

I would recommend upgrading to the deluxe rooms as the regular hotel rooms have not been renovated yet. While they looked clean and nice there was nothing special about them (more like staying in a Radisson then a resort hotel).

Great Ski Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member cktravels

Stayed here after Christmas through New Year's. Record snowfall for Whistler. Five nights and four solid days of skiing. Read all the reviews for Whistler holels and chose the Crystal Lodge. Did not disappoint. Room was their traditional hotel type so we knew what to expect. Overlooked the walk - felt like we were in Europe. Just grab your skis and walk to the gondolas. Never had an issue with staff. Housekeeping left extra towels after our requst. Front desk staff attentive and helpful. I brought my skis and my wife rented. They say they charge you $2 per day to store them, but I never got charged. The room temp was always perfect. Never turned on the heat. All the locals preferred the "other" steakhouse over Ric's in the lobby but we felt the service and food was better at Ric's. Will eat there again when we return. Locals complained of the lift lines - having mostly skied in Oregon, Mammoth, Utah, and Tahoe, lines were nothing to complain about. TIP: Due to the holiday time, it was very difficult to secure dinner reservations at the nice restaurants unless you want to eat at 5pm or 10pm. Recommend you make them in advance of your trip. Locals say it is normally not an issue during non-holiday periods.

Deluxe is worth the extra

by TripAdvisor Member acehole007

Stayed at the Crystal lodge over New Years in a deluxe room. The rooms are superb in fact 5* quality and I have been fortunate to have stayed in some of the best hotels to know.

Our room had a large kingsize, TV with movies on demand, lounge area, mini kitchen with microwave and free coffee facilities. bathroom was also modern.

There is an issue with noise from the street outside, especially noticeable over new years and you can pretty much hear people talking in the street all the time if you are a light sleeper like me. My missus slept through all noise, but I needed ear plugs.

Friends of ours stayed in a standard room and it was nice too but more of a holiday inn look rather than a four seasons.

Ski storage is compulsory and there is a $2 a day charge per item although I was never charged. Proximity to lifts/ restaurants is also very good. Top place to eat Hy's steakhouse. Worst, Barefoot Bistro - overpriced (£100+ each one bottle of wine) and inattentive staff. When making a reservation the restaurant manager was eating a baguette and spraying me with his half chewed food. But I digress :)

Top hotel, top location and if you can afford the extra go for the deluxe - its worth it!

perfect wedding location

by TripAdvisor Member stanna2105

Myself and my partner booked to have a civil ceromony in whistler in July this year. if anyone is considering doing this, DO NOT HESITATE. Whistler is the absolutely perfect location for a wedding of any sort. The hotel was fantastic and especially as it is only listed as a 3 star. We asked for a honeymoon suite when we got there and they accomodated this immediately. Considering we are a female couple the response from the hotel was very warm and welcoming which is unfortunately a novelty coming from england. The hotel is perfectly situated for the chair lifts and gondalas onto both mountains and is pretty much central to everything needed. The Hotel being a boutique hotel has a hair salon ( farfella ) which did my hair ( wonderfully ) for my ceromony and the florists are not too far away and will deliver to your hotel suite. We did not have a reception or use any of the hotel facilities for the actual wedding as there was only 3 of us so it would have been pointless. We used a registrar which we found courtesy of the municiple hall in whistler who we contacted before we travelled and both of whom were fantastic and so laid back. I know this appears to be a review about whistler rather than the hotel but the hotel really did go out of the way to help our ceromony run smoothly and they even left us a little gift in our room on the day. The best thing about getting Married in Canada, is that you can get married any where that takes your fancy and if its outside its free. We got married by Green lake ( glacial lake ) and we had the most spectacular scenery, you couldnt have wished for a better backdrop. We got married in early July and we were very lucky with the weather as it was in the high 80's, perfect blue sky but still with snow capped mountains surrounding you. It tuely was idylic. I would recommend getting married in Whistler to absolutley anybody. We had one complaint and that was the airline globespan. we understand that this is a low cost airline but you do expect some degree of customer service and this just wasnt the case. On the way home my friend got held up due to an accident on the roads and the only reply globespan gave was " i hope she has insurance" this was not helpful. BUt to end on a positive, The Crystal lodge is a fantastic hotel and even has it's own starbucks which was a highlight for us. Would definately go back. Please feel free to email us with any quieries or questions.

Loved It!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jmidesigns

Stayed 7 days over the Christmas Holiday, rented 1 bedroom, 2bath suite. Staff was extremely helpful, friendly. Suite is designed well so the size was never a issue. I stayed at the Chateau on previous visits and felt the staff and rooms at the Crystal outdid the Chateau. Would recommend not only to my friends but my clients as well.
Location is GREAT and never had a problem with noise.

Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member PickyPickyVancouver

For the first time I had nothing to complain about. Very clean, spacious and the staff was very polite and accomodated all needs. The location is directly in the villiage, surrounded by great bars, clubs, marketplace and shops. The lodge has been renovated and the changes are apparent. The One Bedroom suite contains a full kitchen with stainless steel "whirpool" applicances, large jacuzzi, spacious living area, large bedroom and large balcony. There is a great bar located in the lodge as well as a relaxing hot tub, sauna, fitness room and swimming pool.

I was very impressed, as I am a picky person, the lodge was a perfect fit.

Looking for a good B&B

by cheriec

I'll be in Whistler the first week of January, 2007, and I'd like to stay in a B&B within walking distance of Whistler Village. I'm trying to save a few bucks by avoiding the costly hotels and motels. Plus, when staying in a B&B, I can meet travellers from all over the world. Thanks.

by madamx

you can try searching on:

www.bbcanada.com

Some of them are actually kind of pricey. Have fun!

by Carmanah

B&B's are actually often more expensive in this part of the world, believe it or not! They often cater to the honeymooner crowds as opposed to budget traveller's. In my experience, motels are always going to be cheaper than a bed and breakfast. In Whistler, I really don't think you're going to find a B&B that's going to be cheap, although I could be wrong!

My advice is to phone 1-800-HELLO-BC to see what your options are. They have a database of all available accommodation in Whistler and can book anything for you, whether it be a budget motel, a pricey resort, or a standard B&B. They'll at least be able to tell you what your cheapest option is.

Hope this helps!

by Timmy23

Hello, not many cheap ones in Whistler, check out the Crystal Lodge, its one of the cheaper ones and is right close to the bottom of the hill. Also the Shoestring lodge is good value (good breakfasts) its a bit of a walk to the hill (15 mins) They used to have a free shuttle bus. If you book as a single, you may have to share a four bed room with strangers at the Shoestring. Whistler is busy in Jan so you should meet plenty of travellers. All the best, Tim.

Comments