3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Me likee this hotel!

Booked this last minute on the Whistler Blackcomb website for $99. Very good value for money and they even upgraded us to a suite. Perfect location close to the supermarket and decent restaurants. Parking is expensive and it can be a long walk with your ski equipment but seeing that parking is free by the gondola you could just drive there.*

More about Delta Whistler Village Suites

by malhk about Delta Whistler Village Suites

Can't tell as it was part of a flight/hotel & ski rental package. But a web pricing was something like >C$300 per night for our one bedroom flat in February. The one bedroom flats are just right for a young family - master bedroom for parents, and sofabed for the 2 kids. Modern, cosy and well equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge, cooker, microwave, cutlery etc.

3 1/2 out of 5 stars

We just came home from 4 nights at the Delta Whistler Village Suites. The hotel staff was very friendly, accommadating and responsive. One main issue that really brings down my opinion was the ventalation system. We were in building 2. The restaurant is on the ground level of that building and every day, and ESPECIALLY in the evenings, the entire building, including our room REEKED like greasy steak and onions being cooked. I am pretty sensitive to smells and Saturday night just about put me over the edge. I called the front desk and they offered to move us (hassle, with two kids and a dog) and I was told that they know of the problem and there's nothing they can do about it. It was bad. Really bad.

Also, we called for a wake up call and never received it (I was told they wrote down the wrong room number). When I told the front desk about it, they took off all of our parking charges for our stay ($116).

The pool was very clean and nice, rooms are very clean. Walk to the mountain was about 7 minutes. Good central location.

We would stay there again, but not in building 2.

It's Amazing How Two Different Peoples' Stay Can Be!

I was quite surprised by the review of another Seattleite who stayed here one month prior to our stay in March. Contrary to that person's stay, my wife's and mine was excellent. We have been making an annual trek to the Delta Whistler Village Suites for about a decade now -- my wife and I (and dog) were among the first to stay at this property when it first opened. We consistently find an attentive staff and excellent service. In fact, we started coming here because (10 years ago) this hotel was about the only one in the Village to allow dogs.

Though, as noted, room service has never been a strong offering here, there are more than half dozen EXCELLENT restaurants no more than a 5-minute walk away. As we did last year, the two of us took advantage of the hotel's adjacent spa for a couple's massage this trip...then, upon returning (quite relaxed) to our room, we ordered-up a surprisingly very good meal from Milestones through the hotel's room service. It arrived HOT within 30 minutes of our call.

All we can say is that the both of us have never found any issue with the lobby staff. Bell captains are both friendly and professional, knowledgeable about the area, and a pleasure to deal with. I would agree, though, that the concierge desk should be staffed much earlier in the morning and later at night. I would DISAGREE strongly the staff is "amatuerish" or unattentive. We've personally never experienced such treatment here in comparison with what could best be described as pedestrian or even rude experiences we've had at other so-called four- and five-star hotels throughout the world. We'll take the "condo" feel of this property any day, especially when you come here to enjoy the world-class skiing and other myriad outdoor activities -- not try to mimic a stay in a Times Square chain hotel!

Yes, the property is about a 10-minute walk to the lifts, when you are in ski boots. On the other hand, this location is the very reason my wife and I love it: fewer crowds, less screaming inebriated "young adults" at night (though, there's quite a "hip" club in the basement of Building 1, which draws a fair number of people nightly and can be noisy for those staying on the "mountain side" of the building) and just generally less distracting activity than one would find if staying in the main village.

The one year the hotel screwed-up our reservations for a one-BR suite, they went way out of their way to correct the problem the next day, moving our things while we were out enjoying skiing and hiking that day.

Wireless IS a problem in the complex. Unfortunately built just before the push to high-bandwidth Internet access, the Delta has been working with several vendors to offer WiFi service. At best, it's spotty depending on room location and floor. One year, I could connect to Whoosnet only from the balcony of our room...move inside and the connection was dropped. I complained to the hotel and to Whoosnet. The former did NOT charge me for the three-day pre-paid card I had obtained from the front desk, and the provider's tech support suggested using my laptop in the lobby -- where, indeed, service was excellent. This year, my laptop located another provider: Yodel. I used this service without problem for three of our five-day stay. Speed was more than sufficient even for me to connect remotely to one of my client's computer networks and fix a minor problem from the comfort of my room.

We believe the Delta Whistler Village Suites represents an excellent value and highly recommend the hotel.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Midnightblue

We stayed at the Delta Whistler for a week while skiing in Canada. We opted to upgrade to the one bedroom suite on arrival at the hotel. If you are able to take the risk of the rooms not being available its much cheaper to do it this way as it costs around £20 a night to go from a studio room to a suite with a bedroom, kitchen, lounge washer/dryer. the service at the hotel was excellent although this is no different to most places in Canada. Great hotel and great location better to use the free storage facility opposite the gondolas for skis and boots though rather than carry them through the village.

Good Experience

by TripAdvisor Member tinadam

We stayed here for Christmas weekend. A nice place, although most of the hotels in the village seem pretty much the same (at least from the outside). We got one of the "comfort rooms" for about half the price of a suite. The room was tiny-- twin beds, bathroom, "mini kitchen" which was basically a sink, microwave, and small fridge. No place to sit besides the beds, no table or anything. If we had more luggage it would have been a problem. But anyway, you get what you pay for. Underground parking was $20 per night. Hotel amenities were nice. The pool was very warm, almost like a hot tub itself. Three hot tubs were enough not to feel too crowded, and we even got one to ourselves for a bit. Hotel location is right in the middle of the village. At first I scoffed at some of the reviews saying it's too far from the lifts, but changed my opinion a bit after hauling our equipment rentals back and forth. It sure would have been nice had there been snow on the ground to ski back and forth. Anyway, a nice trip, a nice hotel.

Very friendly and clean

We stayed for New Years Eve weekend and found this hotel very reasonable. The hotel room was very clean and housekeeping kept it that way. This hotel is very central in the village and has a spa, ski shop, restaurant and bar ect. on location. We had a mini suite that was very cosy with a fireplace a Kitchenette and washer/dryer seperate bedroom and pull out sofa bed in living area. This hotel is a short walk to the lifts and is surrounded by shops and restaurants. If you want to be in the heart of it, this is your hotel.

The most amazing 2 weeks

by TripAdvisor Member ChinoChinoChino

Three of us decided to have a 2 week holiday in Whistler as I had been there before and had always told my friends how great Whistler was. We had a two bedroom, 2 bathroom which was very clean, modern and spacious. It had a kitchen with a dishwasher, washingmachine and tumbledryer. The rooms were serviced everyday. The staff were awsome and it was great having the hotel bus take you to and from the slopes each day. The only complaint we really had was that the wireless internet was "pathetic" and "very expensive" seeing we paid weekly and were more offline than on. The hotel was in a good location and quick to get to anywhere. I would recommend to anyone going.

Great choice

I am writng because I used Tripadvisor to help me choose this place and I found the comments helpful. So here are mine. We stayed here for 5 nights. It was a great place to stay. Conveniently located about a 7 min. walk from the lifts and a 5 min walk from the Marketplace ( for groceries and take out meals.) You can walk to all of the restaurants and shops as well. Shuttle is available but we did not use it. Very clean, rooms seem brand new. Helpful staff. Suites are ample but not large. Pool and hot tubs very clean also. Washer, drier, nice, little kitchen.
Good restaurants. I would come back to Whislter and stay here again.

Get the Upgrade

Service was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is apparently part of a Candadian hotel chain and appeared to be fairly new. The location is good and only a short walk to the lifts. The rooms were very clean. The hot tubs and pool were great. Be aware that the "comfort room" that comes standard with the Expedia package has twin beds only and is very very small. If you've got ski gear, you won't fit- unless you're an elf. Did I mention the comfort room was small? In any event, get the upgrade; which cost us 40.00 a night extra at check-in. This was well worth the price. The one bedroom suite was great and had a dining room table, fireplace and kitchnette. My girlfriend says "Whistler rocks!"

Comments