4599 Chateau Boulevard, Whistler, British Columbia, V0N 1B4, Canada

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Wonderful Service, but Rooms Need Help!

We only stayed for 1 night, however experienced the highs and lows! The service is great, from the parking valets (who drove us to the village so we wouldn't have to wait for the shuttle that was delayed), to room services, to the general staff. They were all great.

The hotel main areas are beautiful. The hotel is located at the base of the hill, so is perfect for skiers. However if you are looking for shopping and the village life, you need to stake the shuttle or walk 10 minutes.

The food is priced at what you would expect for a tourist hotel at the higher end of the scale. I will say that the $5.65 "Delivery Fee" on top to the 15% grat fee on room service...was excessive. The breakfast buffet is huge witth lots of great and yummy options...but come hungry because you need to eat the $30's they charge worth of food!!

Parking is $28 to self park and $33 for valet. Again, a bit high but on par with other hotels in the area.

The room was standard, and starting to look dated in many areas ESPECIALLY the bathroom. Our tub faucet did not work (not helpful with a 2 year old who loves his bath!), and the shower had parts coming off the shower head. The room needed paint and bit of love. Really, it was a 3.5 star room in a 4.5 star hotel.

Overall, a really nice hotel, but the distance to the village and where we wanted to be will impact our decision to return again

Unique Quality: The valet staff were AMAZING! Informative, helpful, and funny. Awesome group of people to welcome guests!

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Great if you get a good deal

OK so we don't usually stay in places like this so it was a bit of a treat for us when we went. If you book on the whistler Blacomb web site and go for the last minute availabilities the 5 star option in the Fairmont (you'll actualy be booking your room blind as they don't tell you what hotel it is, just that its 5 star). Well for $129 in skiing season that's not bad. The Wine room Restaurant was a bit snooty but a 3 course for $39 was not bad. Sunday brunch is $20 which is good value.

Rooms are OK, obviously we got the most basic rooms. My Fairmont membership seemed to count for nothing and we got no free perks. Parking is expensive, almost $30 but then I guess that most people who stay here can afford that. All in all I was a bit dissapointed. The pool and spa were OK but quite busy. I'm glad we didn't splurge on the place as it really didn't feel like we were staying anywhere special. I did like it position by the ski slope but then the disadvantage is that its a walk to the shops in Whistler.

• LiLz's Profile Photo

A Classic Chateau with all the Right Touches

The Fairmont Chateau is a beautiful hotel. My room featured an incredible view of the mountains, a gas fireplace, and a jacuzzi tub. The staff is perfect, from the concierge to housekeeping. I loved getting a weather report with my turn down service and having the ice bucket handled for me. Also, dining at the Chateau is a treat and their shops are wonderful.

Unique Quality: The views are wonderful and I appreciated being a quick walk from the Village. Plus, we were very close to all of the local activities and to the train station.

Directions: Whistler Village

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

Great Location for Blackcomb Mountain Skiing

The Chateau Whistler is mountain lodge and city hotel blended into one great resort. Located within the village, and next to the Blackcomb skilift, making the Chateau an ideal location to stay in, while in Whistler.

Unique Quality: The view from the dining area is magnificent. You can relax and enjoy a great breakfast buffet, while checking out the lines at the ski lift. The large lobby is still cozy, and we even had a bear walk through to examine the front desk. The bear did not have a reservation, no cash, no credit card, so it turned around and left, much to the relief of all.

Directions: Upper Whistler Village near the Blackcomb Ski Lift.

• Wilson's Profile Photo

Chateau Whistler Resort

$400

Unique Quality: This is the ultimate place to stay when visiting Whistler. An impressive Euorpean style chateua, this hotel is the place to be if money is no object. Everything is first class. There is a beautiful oak lined bar with a private cigar room for apres ski. They serve wonderful vodka martini's but buyer beware, as you would expect, everything here is expensive. If nothing else, every visitor to the mountain should stop by, tour the grounds, and have a drink in the bar.

More about Fairmont Chateau Whistler Resort

10++ Enjoyed our stay at Fairmont Whistler

Our family went for a one-night stay at this hotel as we were only going to be in Vancouver area for a week. It was beautiful. The staff was so accomodating, polite and efficient. Our hotel room overlooked the Blackcomb ski slope and had views of the wonderful pool. The room had two queen size beds - totally neat and clean. We needed extra towels and robes - no problem. A staff member came right away to deliver them. We dealt with Megan at the front desk who suggested two great restaurants to go to in the Whistler Village - Wildwood Pacific Bistro Ltd. (Breakfast - the locals go there) and Caramba Restaurant (Mediterrean) - both excellent choices. The hotel is outstanding - a perfect place for adults and family to stay. The drive up to the hotel from Vancouver is spectacular and highly recommended. Thank you Fairmont Whistler for making our stay so enjoyable.

Supurb Chateau Whistler

Exceptional service, every one we met during our stay were most friendly and helpful. Hotel grounds were beautiful.Hotel itself was spectacular.

Fantastic Overall - Slightly Disapointing Room

Our stay at the Chateau Whistler was fantastic. The hotel staff were genuine and friendly throughout our stay. The position of the hotel was ideal and the hotel itself was impressive and luxurious. Eating & Drinking was reasonably priced for a five star hotel and the facilities were excellent.
The only slight drawback was the room. Although comfortable it was a little small for the price and the bathroom was a little tired. Our mini-bar had mysteriously disapeared leaving only an empty cupboard which was a bit odd! The bed however, was very comfortable and it was nice to have a duvet for a change in a hotel! Overall I would definately recommend a stay. Oh yes, if you go, definately try the Absolut Euphoria flavoured Martini's - we got hooked on them Apres-ski!!!

A few problems, but great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member CalvaryMike

The hotel staff is excellent and the hotel (besides the rooms) is quite exquisite. The rooms are not quite 5 stars, but the staff makes up for it. We had a leak from the ceiling in our room and the staff handled the move quite nicely while the hotel was completely sold out.

The location for skiing is great. If you're skiing Blackcomb, just hop on the lift located at the hotel. If you're skiing Whistler, just hop on the complimentary shuttle to the Village. The gondolas are only a short 3 minute walk from the shuttle stop.

Also make sure to take advantage of all the hotel has to offer. The lounge was great to sit back and enjoy an appetizer and drink. The pool area is also great in the winter time. The snow equipment check-in is very convenient, but can get a bit busy at times. I heard that there was a arcade game room, but I didn't have time to check it out.

Even though the hotel is located in the upper village, you don't need a car at all. The shuttle takes you to and from the different areas of the village. Never had to wait more than 15 minutes at any point.

Wonderful hotel, fantastic people who work there

This was our first visit to Whistler and we had a great time. The Chateau is a fabulous hotel - the staff are very friendly, nothing is too much trouble for them. Coming back from skiing in the afternoon was a delight - hot spiced cider waiting for you and staff to carry your skis -they would even take your boots off for you if you'd let them!.

Our room was very comfortable and kept beautifully clean during our stay; the bar and restaurant staff were attentive and friendly and all of them smiled all of the time. What a change from service at home!

The town is small and well laid out with some wonderful shops for those retail therapy moments. The hotel provided a shuttle bus service for those whose legs were wobbly after a day on the slopes, even so walking into the village was not onerous - an easy path took you down into the village withing minutes.

We had some fantastic meals - especially recommended is the Rimrock restaurant at Creekside - pricey, but well worth it.

Well done Whistler and the Chateau Fairmont Hotel - we give you A++++++

Fairmont Chateau Whistler Golf CourseFairmont Chateau Whistler Golf Course

Fairmont Hotel Whistler CanadaFairmont Hotel Whistler Canada

New Years Eve 07

by jimmyboco

Hi` folks, could anyone tell me if there`s a mountain restaurant which is accessible in the evenings, and if so what is it like?. I would like to make it a very special occasion for my girlfriend so the cost doesn`t matter!. if there aint one then any suggestions of a very romantic evening in Whistler would be much appreciated.

I look forward to your replies

Many thanks

Jim

Re: New Years Eve 07

by TravelFreak7

There's one ski lodge on Whistler Mountain called the Roundhouse Lodge. Every NY Eve they turn it into a party place with music and food. It's not "romantic" as it can hold over 1,000 people. There is another ski lodge on Blackcomb but I don't think it's used for New Years.

Here are a couple of dinner options that maybe of interest.

Snowmobile to a cabin on Blackcomb Mountain with fondue dinner (or snowcat if you don't want to drive the snowmobile)
www.candiansnowmobile.com

Horsedrawn sleigh ride with dinner - available at 3 locations

1 - The Chalet at Chateau Whistler Golf Course
www.fairmont.com/whistler/GuestServices/Restaurants/TheChalet.htm

2 - The Den at Nicklaus North Gold Course
www.golfbc.com/courses/nicklaus_north/clubhouse/dining

3 - Edgewater Lodge, Dining Room
www.edgewater-lodge.com/Whistler_Dining.html
I just notice that they don't mention sleigh rides on their website but I know they offer it.

I personally love the snowmobile idea, but you are cold, wet and smell of gasoline from the snowmobile so it's not that romantic, plus you are not allowed alcohol. You can take a snowcat there instead. But the only thing on the menu is fondue, so if that's not your thing maybe give it a pass.

Between The Den at Nicklaus North, Edgewater Lodge and Chateau Whistler Golf, I would go with the Edgewater and then Whistler Golf Course as my second choice. My last choice would be the Den at Nicklaus North, as I was not too impressed with the food there. The food taste fine but it was colourless and not nicely presented (I'm a bit picky)

I'm not sure if there will be any parties that they put on for New Years. The Den has put on NY parties before for abotu $100 plus per person that includes champagne. So you'll need to contact them directly.

This all being said, these restaurants don't serve the best food in Whistler. So if you are looking for a great restaurant, Bearfoot Bistro is top notch. They have a fantastic wine cellar! In the past they set up a table in the wine cellar for dinner... not sure if they still do. Araxi, Quattro, Rimrock Cafe are of my favorites.

In the day time dog sledding would but a nice activity for both of you..... followed by a nice dinner of course!

Comments