4591 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, British Columbia, V0N 1B4, Canada

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• MM212's Profile Photo

Four Seasons Luxury...

One of Whistler's newest hotels, the Four Seasons comes with the expected fine touches. Rooms are extremely spacious and are equipped with a gas fire place and a terrace. The hotel is conveniently located in the Upper Whistler Village, only a short walk from the base of Blackcomb Mountain. The hotel also offers a ski valet at the bottom of the lift and will transfer your skis and boots for you. The spa is also great. Yes, it is the Four Seasons, and thus one of the more expensive hotels in Whistler, but was significantly cheaper than comparable hotels at US ski resort, such as Vail and elsewhere (maybe even half price!).

• infodiva's Profile Photo

Lovely Luxury Hotel in Whistler!

Sumptious decor and layout. Breathtaking surroundings. Divine heated pool and spa area. Excellent massage parlour and day Spa. Great gymnasium.
    Lovely cocktails and apres choices.

Unique Quality: Quality and class throughout!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

You get what you pay for!

Wow!
    I was saying this the whole three days, two nights I just spent here (10/16/05-10/18/05). From the lobby, to the room, to the spa, bar, gym, pool, and surroundings, this was a stunning experience. The service was excellent without being invasive. By far, the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at and yet I was never made to feel like the country bumpkin I really am.

Hotel has a full service alpine spa with 15 treatment rooms, fitness center, aerobics room, heated outdoor pool and three whirlpools. The spa menu was 10 pages long!

The hotel is located right next to Blackcomb Mountain at the upper edge of the upper village.
    A short walk away (200 yards) is the upper village shopping area with about 7-8 shops, a few small eating places and one bar. A longer walk (1/2 mile) to the main village with many shops and many nightclubs.

This hotel has it all - no detail left out. A warm, inviting place to relax and enjoy.

Unique Quality: The room I had (528) was called a Deluxe King and comes in about the middle of the room rate chart. It had to have been about 700 square foot with a huge bathroom, sitting area, bedroom, two closets (one a big walk in),and a balcony with room for two large chairs and table. Came with fireplace, L'Occitane toiletries, sunken tub, huge glass enclosed shower, down duvet, two easy chairs, a sofa and large TV. The entry hall to the room was also very spacious with a field stone floor.

Room prices range depending on the season. Moderate room from $245 in the shoulder season (Sep. 13-Nov. 23/May 1-June 30th) to $845 during the Holidays. Deluxe like mine from $315 to $995.

Directions: At the base of Blackcomb Mountain in the Uper Village

• Sladja_79's Profile Photo

Four Seasons Hotel

Unique Quality: All guest rooms offer fireplaces and most feature the outdoor luxury of balconies or step-out balconies

Four Seasons Resort Whistler's 273 guest rooms, suites and townhouses are generously sized and capture the spirit of a luxurious mountain residence, with cosy wood interiors and gas-burning fireplaces. superb views of the mountains, forest, valley, pool or courtyard from private or step-out balconies. .

The extra-spacious bathrooms are warm and inviting, with Four Seasons signature features: deep soaking tub, separate glass-enclosed shower, large double vanity and, in a separate alcove, WC with telephone.

the Spa at Four Seasons Resort Whistler is your ultimate destination for relaxation and peace of mindThe Four Seasons body treatment; aroma stone massage; fruit crush

More about Four Seasons Resort Whistler

Four Seasons was superb

by TripAdvisor Member joey61

My friend and I just returned from Canada last week and spent a couple of days at the Four Seasons Whistler Resort. It was definitly the high point. We were upgraded to an executive suite that was very luxurious. The bed was very comfortable and had a down comforter, which I love. We had a balcony that overlooked a roof top rose garden, a fridge, and a beautiful bathroom with a seperate shower and soaking tub. The colors are soft and muted, not the typical dark lodge look, very restful. It was a bit too cold to use the pool but there were three hot tubs, which were very nice. We did not have any of the spa treatments, but did use the steam shower which was great. The staff was very attentive and courteous. I can't think of a single negative about this property. We had a lovely time and I wouldn't think of staying any place else on my next trip to Whistler!

Unbelievable

by TripAdvisor Member fischman44

My wife and I just returned from a week at the Four Seasons Whistler. We had never been to British Columbia and were hoping for the best. The hotel is relatively new and has a nice lodge feel to it. We had a gorgeous room (upgraded without asking), excellent service, fantastic food and enjoyed ourselves immensely. We had no plans so we had the concierge set up ATV riding and horseback riding for us. Both were great and highly recommended. Pool is nice with some of the best service you can imagine. As mentioned by a previous review, the hotel is maybe a half mile walk from Whistler Village, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you are looking for. My wife and I enjoyed the walk to the Village and around Lost Lake, but if you don't like exercise they have a shuttle for you. 5280 is the restaurant on property and after a while we just decided to eat there for all our meals as it was fantastic and not really much more than lesser restaurants in the Village. I was a little concerned when I booked this because of some of the other posts on here, but after staying here I don't know how you couldn't love the place. I've stayed in nice hotels all over, and this is a good value. If you don't like this place, you are either completely spoiled or nitpicking.

Beautiful Hotel, but......

We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort in Whistler at the end of May. We arrived at 2:30 pm to check-in and were politely informed that check-in time was 3pm. The front desk called housekeeping to see if the room was available and then told us it would only be about 5 minutes and to please wait in the lobby. However, 5 minutes turned into half an hour. At 3pm we were finally given the keys to our room. We had reserved a premier room which has the same square footage as the superior and deluxe rooms but guarantees a view of the mountain. The room was beautiful with dark wood trim, a very generous bathroom and a very comfortable bed. However, our view was not fabulous. We did get a view of the mountain, but also the parking lot and loading dock of a hotel located next to the Four Seasons. You could not leave your windows open or enjoy the balcony without hearing the noises of large trucks backing into the loading dock. Also, the balcony of your room is right next to the balcony of the room next door - which is not very private. And finally, there is a hotel located directly behind the Four Seasons, tucked into the mountain. So the mountain room view included a lot more than just the mountain. Maybe the view is better and quieter in the winter.

Since the weather was so warm in Whistler, we decided to lay by the pool. The pool was very nice and large. However, it was very noisy. I have stayed at several "resorts" and the pools are always located in a place that is peaceful and tranquil. Not at the Four Seasons Whistler. The pool was adjacent to the busy road that runs next to the resort. I believe there was a four-way stop nearby because as you laid by the pool you could hear all of the traffic stopping and revving up to go. The next day I brought my ipod to the pool to drown out the noise. Overall - a great resort but a little noisy.

Great Place!

by TripAdvisor Member GinaCalifornia

My husband and I just got back from 3 nights @ the Four Seasons Whistler. We took advantage of the "3rd night free" promotion which enabled us to upgrade to a premium room without blowing our budget. The room was gorgeous and spacious complete with small patio and gas fireplace. Yes, the patio did connect to our neighbors but that room was vacent so it was private for us during our entire stay. The only complaint about the location is that our view, while it did have views of mountains if you look up, was primarily of the tennis courts, parking lot, and the convention area of the nearby Fairmont and the echos were huge, meaning we could hear just about anything going on outside from a truck backing up, car alarm that kept going off, people having a conversation while playing tennis, and the nightly events on the roof of the Fairmont (music, PA system, etc.). But having said that I doubt any of the other nearby propertys were any better in this area. And if we kept our window closed the noise was quite muted. But who wants to close the windows -the air was so fresh and clear!

The spa was great - we made use of the gym, jacuzzi, steam room and had great deep tissue massages. The pool has speakers underwater so when you lie on your back or submerge you can hear the relaxing spa music.

Room service was fast (20 min) and the food tasty (lemon ricotta pancakes were yummy) and we also had dinner at the resort restaurant which was top notch. Delicious fresh baked bread (especially the sesame flatbread).

The one thing I love about Four Seasons is how the resorts always feel so empty regardless of their occupancy rate and how great the service is. My husband lost his Passport in immigration at the airport and the hotel must have called the airport lost and found at least a dozen times during our stay to see where things were at (btw, the passport was found @ the airport and was safe and sound when we arrived for our flight :-).

Only one warning: don't use the resort provided jogging maps. If you're planning to go jogging/hiking in the Lost Lake park (which is conveniently across the street) avoid the resort specified map unless you're planning to take one of the 3 main (crowded) trails they recommend. The more interesting and scenic trails are less traveled and you can get more detailed maps from the concierge or the many bike rental places in the village or park itself. We jogged "tin pants" (the long loop) which was gorgeous and challenging but for awhile we weren't sure if and when we were going to get back to the hotel (and whether we'd make it in time for our massages). A better map would have helped out.

Given the CAD->USD exchange rate and competition within Whistler for rooms, the four seasons is really a great value right now and was well worth the premium we paid over other nearby resorts.

Classy Hotel with great service!

by TripAdvisor Member tlrtravel

We stayed in May'05 at the Four Seasons and loved it! There were 3 adults, and a baby sharing a Premier Room with a King bed, Sofabed, and a crib...and there was plenty of space for everyone! There was a large table, and two oversize comfy chairs inside, as well as a table & chair set outside on the covered balcony (great view of the mountains from the higher floors!). The room also had a huge private walk-in closet area for all your luggage and then some (and I don't pack light!). There were double sliding doors (mirrored on the inside) opening up to the spectacular bathroom area complete with double sinks, deep soaker tub, glass enclosed shower, separate toilet room, and a 'makeup' counter with shelves. Overall, the room allowed us to RELAX!

*If you happen to be travelling with children, the FS is so accommodating! Travelling with a one year old baby has never been so easy! The crib wasn't just a playpen, but rather a beautiful brass crib complete with full bedding. They childproofed the room & bathroom for us prior to arrival, as well as giving us compimentry use of a highchair & stroller (a nice trail worthy stroller with a good canopy that keeps baby dry!) as well as a 'goody basket' of diapers, baby shampoo, baby lotion, etc!! Needless to say, we hardly needed to bring anything because they gave us everything!

Room service was expensive, but worth it! The food was great, and we were surprised at the portion sizes being so large! Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious-lots of variety, great view & ambiance.

The location of the hotel was very convenient for walking to the village. It's about a 10 minute walk down the road and through a well lit trail.

The absolute best part of this hotel was the pool area! Wow! Thick cushioned loungers, purgolas, three whirlpools, beautiful landscaping surrounding the large swimming pool area. I would go back just for that!

Some other reviews mentioned the valet parking to be expensive-yes it is BUT you're staying in a 5star hotel. While they will look for tips for everything that they do, they do it well! So if you're not prepared to pay for a 5star experience, don't stay at a 5star.

My husband & I have stayed in many different types of accommodation around the world, and we appreciate value for dollar & that you generally get what you pay for. To sum up, FS is worth every penny!

Simply the Best

by TripAdvisor Member MissMagPie

We just returned from a 5 night stay at this beautiful hotel. I have stayed in 5 star hotels all over the world and this was simply wonderful. The staff were so incredibly accomodating, always willing to offer suggestions or a helpful hand. We booked an executive suite with breakfast each morning. The room was huge with a beautiful view of the mountains. We could enjoy breakfast either in the dining room or have room service. We chose room service most mornings as the view was beautiful and the hotel was full of children by the weekend.

The pool area is lovely but can be noisy. This isn't so much due to its location as to the fact that there is construction going on everywhere preparing for the 2010 olympics. Enjoying poolside service easily made up for the noise.

We had an early flight out of Vancouver on Sunday so decided to stay Saturday night in Vancouver. The staff arranged for our reservation, requesting a high floor (our view was wonderful in Vancouver as well). We asked for a late check out because we wanted to spend the afternoon around the pool. We were granted an extra hour (until 12) but were told we could enjoy the pool and then shower in the spa area. We chose to check out early, have our bags put in our car and then shower in the spa.
This worked out wonderfully. The spa area is beautiful. Each shower area is large and private. All you could ask for is there.

My husband and I also enjoyed a couples massage. The staff was great. Another treat well worth the price.

The food at the restaurant was very good as well. Breakfast was huge. We could have easily shared a meal each morning. Delicious fresh juices and anything else you could desire. Lunches and dinners were equally good.

The best restaurant of our trip was Trattatoria Umberto. A quick five minute walk from the hotel. We had dinner two nights in a row at 9:30. The food was WONDERFUL!

This was our first trip to Whistler. What a wonderful surprise. The surrounding are beautiful and The Four Seasons feels like a small hotel with all the benefits of a large one. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Simply superb!

No doubt about it - the Four Seasons in Whistler is the finest hotel I have ever stayed in (and I've picked some good ones over the years). It probably depends a little bit what you're looking for. If you're 21, backpacking round the world on a tight budget, and want somewhere right in the heart of the action, then you probably won't want to be here. But if you've been there and done that and are looking for something a bit (OK, a lot!) classier, then the Four Seasons is the one for you. No question.

The hotel is 10 minutes or so from the village, but unless you're coming to Whistler for the nightlife, this is definitely an advantage. It's not exactly a long walk into town, and if you want it, there's the free Whistler shuttle bus in any case. The advantage of being out a little bit is that it's so much quieter, and you really get to appreciate the sense of space.

The pool area and spa are fantastic - three whirlpools, as I believe one or two others have mentioned. And I certainly wasn't distracted by traffic or construction noise, as some have reported - on the other hand, the music playing underwater (yes, really) in the pool was a very nice touch.

Ought to say something about the room, I guess - modern, very chic, with a nice balcony looking out over the village and the mountains beyond. Everything you'd expect from a 5* hotel.

We cunningly managed to pick the one week when there's not a lot going on in Whistler - after the end of the ski season but before the mountain trails open for hiking. The concierge staff were incredibly helpful in pointing us in the direction of the best trails in the area. This meant that we got to see a couple of the bits of rural BC that only the locals know about. Sorry - not going to give the secret away!

Four Seasons Resort - WhistlerFour Seasons Resort - Whistler