4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

4050 Whistler Way, (formerly Whistler Village Resort), Whistler, British Columbia, V0N 1B4, Canada

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Close to the lifts

We stayed four nights at the Hilton and enjoyed the stay. The rooms nice, well serviced, the lobby area is comfortable and there are several sitting areas. The service was top notch. The Hotel has an arrangement for ski storage nearer the slopes which made if very convenient when heading out for a day on the slopes. I used the exercise room several times and while it was always neat and clean, it could have used a bench press. The hot tub was enjoyable and always had a talkative international crowd soothing sore ski muscles. There are several art galleries in the building. It is also next to the Westin should you want to vary the social scene.

• sykes_simon's Profile Photo

Snowtastic!

Stayed here for 2weeks in Jan 08, Great hotel, good size clean rooms and a great breakfast. The hotel staff were very friendly and the facilities great. A dip in the pool at 6am -13c always good!

Unique Quality: Pool
    Spa Facilities
    View
    Location

Directions: Town centre practically on the slopes

• Chip_Master's Profile Photo

Great Value

Stayed a week during the Christmas Holidays.

Unique Quality: Spacious rooms suites with large rooms!
    Hotel has ski checking, valet parking, and walking convenience to everything in the village. After staying at the Westing for 3 years, and one year here, this place has one me over. Between the more spacious rooms and conveniences its a winner!

More about Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member Misfit22

I can't think of one complaint. Check in was a breeze -- as a matter of fact, I arrived at Whistler late morning too early to check in, but when I went to the front desk to ask for a parking pass to hotel's parking lot (as I didn't want to pay to park at another lot and then at the hotel), they said my room was ready and checked me in around noon.

As a Hiton Honors member I was upgraded to one of the fireplace/kitchen suites. Awesome! The decor was lovely, the wood in the bed board, cabinets, tables etc. was light colored and of good quality. The bedding, the Hilton Bed, was perfect and lots of big fluffy (and not foam!) pillows. Housekeeping was immaculate, even the refrigerator looked like it was brand new it was so clean. Nice touch from management, I received a plate of Biscotti as a welcome gift. Check out was no problem. Hilton always drops off a copy of your bill in the early AM, all you have to do is call the front desk and leave your key in the room, or check out via guest services on the TV.

The hotel is very convenient to Whistler Village, right by the lifts and plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. I wasn't too crazy about the menu choices for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and the buffet was rather unexciting. No complaints on dinner. The lounge, I can't comment on service wise. I tried it once and left before I was served. Apparently it's popular with the locals and mountain bikers and was much too noisy for me. I like a quiet place where I can read my book.

As for noise issues from other guests (as noted in previous review), I had a problem with an adjacent room with a yapping dog (why do people bring their pets and then leave them alone?). Both times I called the front desk and they took care of the problem immediately.

All around a near-perfect stay. I did have a bit of a time finding the hotel (previous reviewer was right -- the turn off to hotel street is rather well hidden). That is my fault though, as I'd lost my Mapquest detail directions or I'd have been fine.

As for Whistler Village itself, very cute shops and excellent restaurants (loved Earl's). There is some free parking at one end of the village, two hour limit.

WARNING to credit card users. Nine out of ten times I used my credit card at shops and restaurants -- the copy I signed and returned to the vendor had my ENTIRE credit card number and expiration date printed on the slip for all the world to see. God knows how many employees end up seeing those slips, let alone trusting the vendor to dispose of them properly. You should be warned to look at your slip and scratch out the CC # if you see this. And don't let the cashier give you grief about this, once the card has been swiped, they don't need that info and they do have your money.

A pleasant stay with a few glitches

by TripAdvisor Member Haroula

We used American Express platinum to book the room and one of the perks is a room upgrade. Well they had never Heard of this before and after some consultation with the manager we got an "Upgrade". Ya right. We were put in the south tower next to the elevator and for the life of us couldn't see what the upgrade was. It was a room with a king size bed and a kitchenette. Others in our group who had not requested an upgrade had nicer rooms on a higher floor. We thought "oh well it's just for two nights."
I think we were being taught " a lesson".
Plus side. The staff is cordial, the beds are DIVINE. The most comfortable we have ever slept in in any hotel , the location is superb. (Go the Beetroot for a delicious cheap breakfast.)
I would recommend but don't have the effrontery to ask for an upgrade. They get offended.

Good choice for convenience

by TripAdvisor Member Esquimalt

Booked basic hotel room for three nights for a short vacation with my wife. I had previoulsy stayed at this hotel a number of times, for business meetings and for ski weekends, when it was known as the Delta Whistler. I was aware that it had undergone a major renovation when changing to the Hilton brand. I had always been very satisfied with the previous operation. On arrival, we were assigned a room that adjoined a studio that was occuppied by about four young men. At 4:00 PM the TV was on an the sound transmission between rooms was unbelievable - TV and conversation. I can't imagine what it would have been like at night. I had not experienced this kind of noise during previous stays, but had also not had an ajoining room previously. We immediately asked for a change and were given the same type of room, but not adjoining another room. Very good "service recovery" by desk staff. We had booked a package with buffet breakfast which was very good. A very convenient location. Good housekeeping, clean. One of the early hotels in Whistler and, at one time, porbably the best choice in the village. Today there is lots of competition, so shop around. Overall, a good stay and realistically priced.

The place to stay in Whistler!

by TripAdvisor Member jimintucsn

First off Whistler is fantastic! We stayed at the end of October so it was chilly and we woke up one morning to snow (which didn't stick but was a lot of fun).

We had a one bedroom with a full kitchen and sitting area which was a Hilton Honors Diamond upgrade and was a great room. We enjoyed the fireplace several night- contrary to prior posts we had no problem with smoke in the room.

Hotel in general appeared brand new and it was beautifully designed. The restaurant was great for breakfast and the bar was fun (with 2 pool tables). Outdoor pool and whirlpool were nice as well as the indoor whirlpool and dry sauna.

Spa services were excellent and very conveniently located inside the hotel.

The hotel backs up to the village which was so convenient. All the restaurants, shops and nightlife were just outside and it was fun to be able to go out in the village whenever we felt like it.

Service was awesome! Chad in the restaurant and Dominic at the front desk were especially helpful with restaurant recommendations and advice about what to do.

Definitely while in Whistler try Umbertos for dinner, Cittas for burgers or just to hang out, and you cant miss the to die for breakfast at Elements.

Can't say enough great things about the Hilton- location, amenities and rooms make this the top place to stay!!!

Great!

by TripAdvisor Member chall32

We stayed here for 8 nights in December and loved this hotel. The room was clean and spacious with very comfortable beds and nice towels. The room had a fridge and a view of the gondalas and pool. The location for the ski lifts and Whistler village could not have been better.

We rented skis from Summit located within the hotel and found the staff there to be very helpful and it was convenient to drop the equipment back there at the end of the day on the way back to our room.

We would definitely stay here again!

Had a great time here........

by TripAdvisor Member RED-RONNIE

My wife and I stayed here from Dec 20th till 27th, and the main reason was due to the favourable reviews we'd read on this site. On arrival we were greeted by friendly, helpful staff (always a good sign !), and our checking in was fast and without problems. The room (427 on the 4th floor) was just a 'basic' room, but was extremely large, containing 2 double beds, a fridge, TV, safe and more than enough storage space (no balcony - but who's going to sit on a balcony in a blizzard !). The room overlooked the front of the hotel, and we thought we'd be disturbed by cars and buses etc arriving directly under our window, but this didn't prove to be the case, as we always got a good nights sleep. The room was kept impeccably clean during our stay.

We'd paid to have the continental breakfast every morning, and this turned out to be a good call by us, because it consisted of fruit, cereals, toast or bagels and tea, coffee and a variety of juices - just the right way to set up ourselves before a days skiing. Restaurant staff were always welcoming and friendly - and always ready to give tips / recommendations on local stuff. The Cinnamon Bear Bar is a good place to start the evening - good atmosphere, nice bar staff etc (it was even recommended to us on our first day by a girl in the ski hire shop). The outside heated pool and hot-tub are 'must-do's' if you stay here - on Xmas Eve we went swimming, then sat in the hot-tub with the snow tumbling out of the sky - absolutely magical.

The Hilton's location is almost perfect, with only a short walk to the gondolas in readiness for skiing, and very handy for all the bars and restaurants.

I reckon we'll be staying at this hotel again sometime - hopefully in the near future.

Lovely stay at Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member treacletoffee

Had a lovely 10 day family holiday at the Hilton 4 adults 4 children
ages 6,7,9,11. The suites we booked were perfect and the kitchen facilities were great; should you wish to use them; I agree with everything the previous report said so I will not repeat, we were on the 7th floor; room 726 has a balcony that overlooks the pool area many aching limbs get soothed in the hot tubs.
Should we return to Whistler we would not hesitate to book at the
Hilton.******
P.S. Thank you to all the staff we came across they were most friendly and helpful

Comments