Market Pavillion

4368 Main Street, Whistler, V0N1B4, Canada

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Whistler

Hiking on top of Whistler in August of 2008Hiking on top of Whistler in August of 2008

WhistlerWhistler

Fall colors Main street - WhistlerFall colors Main street - Whistler

View from top of Whistler GondolaView from top of Whistler Gondola

Anyone need a place to stay from 21st Jan - 1st Feb..possibly for free??

Ladies and Gents,

I'm Justin, 25 from Perth Aus. My deal is that me and a mate have booked a 2bdrm 2bth unit/condo in the upper village from 21st Jan to the 1st March. Problem is my mate's work committments means he's had to push his arrival date back to the 1st of Feb. So i'm home alone for 10 days!! So anyway, my mate is still footing his half and isn't expecting anything in return...so that leaves me with a spare bedroom (queen size bed, ensuite bath) until the bugger arrives. So my offer is if you're between the age of 18-30 and need a place to stay during these dates, or would like to get yourself out of your hostel for a few nights of comfort, email me - mckeejt@gmail.com. I really don't want to be riding on my own, and severly need some drinking buddies for the 26th.

RE: Anyone need a place to stay from 21st Jan - 1st Feb..possibly for free??

by Dawntredder

By the way...i'm posting this at a few places and am unsure of the response...but here's a few more details about my plans. I will not be working, i'm simply going to be riding, drinking, nursing hangover and repeating. So if this isn't your idea of a good trip then you need not apply. Apart from the pad i'm doing things very budget...there's a full kitchen, but you're more likely to find me at McDonalds than in the kitchen. There's a fold out sofa bed as well...it says the joint can sleep 7, but i really don't want anymore than another 3 permanents. I'm not a particularly good boarder, but can tackle any terrain...just some faster than others :D
I don't know how i'll select the person(s)...but don't be afraid to ask. All I require is that you wash the sheets before my mate arrives (theres a washing machine). I don't care where you come from, but be prepared for a mad australia day.

RE: Anyone need a place to stay from 21st Jan - 1st Feb..possibly for free??

by Dawntredder

Oh...if you really want to throw money at me that might put you at the top of the list as well :D Nah not really, but I have to prove to my mate that i at least attempted to recoup some costs.

Travel Tips for Whistler

Mountain Biking

by emilienoelle

When I was in Whistler I signed up to go mountain biking with a couple of women from our group. Now mind you I had not been on a bike since I was 12 or something, but I am not the type of person to let a minor detail such as that stop me.

Well, as it turns out I thought I was going to DIE after 13 miles up and down various mountains and did end up having one major downhill wipeout, but what the hell. Now I can say that I did it.

There are TONS of bike rental shops in Whistler, but if you are not familair with the mountains I recommend paying extra for a guide. At the very least get a trail map. It's easy to get lost and a guide will show all the cool spots and wildlife. There is a list of rental shops on the website below. You need a helmet and and pads in addition to the bike. Water is a good idea, too.

Gondola rides up Whistler

by Carmanah

In the winter time, people with lift passes can access these gondolas with their skis and snowboards so that they may access the downhill runs from the top of Whistler. However, in the summer when skiing is over, people pay $25 (adult), $20 (senior), and $7 (kids) to ride the gondolas for fun. It's well worth it if this is your first time to Whistler!

Once at the top of Whistler, temperatures are a bit cooler than at the base by the village. Be sure to dress appropriately. When my faily stayed there for a weekend in July of 1992, there were still patches of snow where there were shadows. Sure, what was left of snow was icy, dirty, and about as appealing as the ice you scrape out of a freezer, but my point is that it was still able to exist despite the summer temperatures.

Saying that, it will still be warm at the top of Whistler in the summer. There are photos of me and my sister wearing shorts and t-shirts!

you can hike along its many trails. One of the shorter, easier hikes takes you to Harmony Lake.

Roundhouse Lodge

by GuthrieColin

Resting 1,850 m (6069 ft) above sea level the Roundhouse Lodge has several shops and diners for boarders and skiers to enjoy. The prices may be a little high but the convenience of not having to go all the way back down to the village (about 20 minutes downhill) may make the extra cost worth it.
There are also some attractions nearby like the Iukshuk and the ice carvings behind the building that are ever changing.

Whistler

by GuthrieColin

Aside from World Class skiing and snowboarding, Whistler is a playground for vacationers. The shopping and nightlife are spectacular. Nearby attractoins/towns are limited but the atmosphere of the town will leave you wanting more when you depart.

Whistler Links:
www.whistlerblackcomb.com
www.vancouver2010.com

Brandywine Provincial Park www.env.gov

Nearby Shannon Falls Provincial Park

Whistler Mountain

by Del.

Whistler is located north of Vancouver. Along the way there are a good few waterfalls to look which are well worth stopping for, they are 2 of the highest watefalls in North America. Whistler town itself seems to be a bit expensive but you should definatly go there. Ski towns seem to be alive with atmosphere and Whistler is no exception.

Comments