2131 Lake Placid Road, Whistler, British Columbia, V0N 1B2, Canada

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Nita Lake Lodge

Pleasant Stay at Nita Lake Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member rachelsmemom

Recently returned from a one week stay at Nita Lake Lodge. We found the hotel to be beautifully decorated and all members of the staff extremely helpful and kind. It seemed that they went out of their way to accommodate our requests. We had a room with a view of the lake and saw bears pass by (on the property) several times during our stay. The bathroom is GORGEOUS! We still miss it (especially the heated floor.) Views of the lake were spectacular. Walking to Whistler Village took quite a long time but it was fun (even in the rain.)
We ate in the Lakeside Lounge on one evening. Food was good. We did not eat in the other restaurants.
The only downside is that the hotel is not 100% done. The spa facility was not open during our stay and our granddaughter was disappointed that the pool wasn't ready. She did swim in the lake, however, and enjoyed that. I would stay at Nita Lake Lodge again.

Nita Lake Lodge Hotel-Whistler, B.C.

by TripAdvisor Member GalaxyTravellerMan

My stay was fantastic. The staff are friendly and really make an effort to enhance your stay. I dropped a bottle of wine on the floor of my hotel and the staff not only cleaned it up promptly, but replaced the bottle of wine for me....for free!!!

The hotel is new, so it has modern amenities like an LCD TV and satellite channels. The bathrooms are spacious, the floors heated and the views excellent. The location has a nice, secluded location on the lake. My room had a nice lake view. Next to the property is a liquor store and pub with good food.

The location is 4 km from the Village. This is both good and bad. It is good as the location has a tranquil setting, however, if you want the action of the village, you have to drive there or take the complimentary hotel shuttle. I was out late and had to take a taxi back at a cost of $12.

New hotel in Whistler Creekside

by TripAdvisor Member swissglobetrotter1

Nita Lake Lodge lies next to Nita Lake and is in walking distance (5 min.) to the Creekside Village where you'll find restaurants and shops and the gondola to Whistler Mountain. So the location is convenient but still quiet. Nita Lake Lodge has a big ski storage room in the Creekside Village where you get a locker which we found excellent.

When we stayed there, the hotel had just opened a few weeks ago and so the spa wasn't finished yet. We liked the style and decoration of the hotel very much. The rooms and bathrooms are spacious and you can use your iPod in the room for waking-up or listening music.

The restaurant in the hotel serves delicious dinners in a nice atmosphere but it's pretty expensive in comparison to other excellent restaurants in Whistler.

What we didn't like was the breakfast. There is no breakfast buffet in the hotel (as Europeans are used to in mountain resorts) as you have to go to the coffee shop. The sandwiches and muffins are delicious but it was always very cold inside and you have to queue up for your coffee and food.

A peaceful luxury hotel close to Whistler

by TripAdvisor Member lynda55

My husband and I stayed at Nita Lake Lodge, Whistler in September 2008. The room was amazing - a suite with a lounge and large fire which went on at a flick of a button; a huge bedroom with balcony overlooking the lake and mountains; a small kitchen with microwave, kettle, coffeemaker and fridge and a huge bathroom with shower and soaker tub for 2 which opened out with views of lake and mountains.
The bar was great - friendly and large with good cocktails and beers as well as bar food.
The restaurant was good.
There was a very small outdoor pool but it was closed. I believe they are going to build a spa which would be good.
It is only 10 minutes by car to Whistler village and much quiter and better views than hotels there. The hotel is next to the train station if you are coming in on the Rocjy Mountaineer or train from Vancouver.

Awesome new boutique lodge

by TripAdvisor Member jagoda13

Great find!

We found Nita Lake Lodge through slh.com. Apparently the hotel had opened just 2 weeks prior and we got a great deal (+/- $200/night). We enjoyed ourselves so much that we extended our stay by 1 night & cut our visit to Seattle short!

The hotel is gorgeous with lots of local wood & stone used. Staff were friendly and helpful (if not a little green due to recent opening). The room was tastefully appointed and rather large, with a living room area, a hidden kitchenette and a spacious & beautiful bathroom featuring a soaking tub and tiled shower.

Some of my favorite amenities were the ski storage lockers that the hotel has 'Creekside' which allow safe overnight storage of gear, on site coin operated laundry located near the parking (very practical) & 10% discount on rental equipment. Not too shabby! They also referred us to a great nanny service when we found out that mountainside daycares were all full.

My one complaint is that while we loved the geothermal heating system, due to the fact that the hotel had just opened, the cooling part of the system was not yet sorted out. This resulted in overly toasty accomodations for us. We ended up leaving the sliding door cracked open so we wouldn't melt.

All in all, we loved Nita Lake. We hope to return again sometime sooner rather than later!

Yin and Yang....

by TripAdvisor Member westernwilson

Don't get me wrong, this is a beautiful lodge in a lovely location, and the rooms and environs are drop dead gorgeous. But anyone who can afford to stay at this location has probably stayed at a lot of nice hotels, and knows that most luxury hotels have learned that every single interaction of the property and employees with the guest must be perfection.

Well, on that score, Nita Lake Lodge has nothing much more going for it than being a superb property. Our experiences beyond the setting and room decor were really quite disappointing. The staff were generally good, but one key person was downright unsettling. More on that later.

The big disappointment was in comestibles. We were up for a wedding and ate at the hotel deli and hotel lounge. The deli was good, although it offered limited fare over limited hours. The Carrot and Apple soup was very good, although the beautiful pinkish looking bread (Walnut and something) was absolutely dreadful. I think a lack of salt; surprisingly, bread made with little added salt tastes bland and flat...this bread sure did and too bad because it is the signature hotel bread served as a side with many dishes. Unfortunately, often a little ceramic butter keeper filled with butter came with the bread, but the butter looked suspiciously aged, not to say decrepit. Our 10 year old actually refused to eat the chicken fingers and fries. That was a first! And she was right, they were fishy and horribly dry. It is not acceptable to fob off inferior frozen, not to mention freezer burned, entrées onto children. Check out the chicken strips at Secret Cove Marina...fabulous!

But worst of all, I sat down to what I was sure would be a slam-dunk, the Spring Vegetable and Chicken Noodle Soup. It was simply the worst soup I have ever tasted, and I include Safeway Cauldron soup in that sample. How could it be improved? Well, use a chicken, for starters! The broth was weak, tinny tasting, bland. Little more than hot water with old thyme floating in it. Vegetables? Well, there were a few tiny bits floating around in the hot, cloudy tin-water. Noodles? Nope. Not a one. I assume the soup is kept frozen and the noodles are cooked fresh and added. Not this day. And chicken...well, MAYBE a chicken strolled though the kitchen at one point, but I wouldn't bet on that. Even the tea was lukewarm, weak and flabby and there is no excuse for bad tea with Special Teas so close in Victoria, BC.

Finally, all three visits to the lounge, a beautifully located and appointed lake view location with a charming and comfortable patio, were ruined by the highly wired, manic, and abrupt attendant. Our margarita was great, as was the Vancouver Island microbrewery pale ale, but the gin martini was not very dry, as requested, but watery and barely cold. No premium gins were offered, may I suggest Tanqueray No. 10? The attendant insisted on turning up the (ghastly) music to truly uncomfortable levels whenever we entered the lounge, making conversation difficult, then whined when we requested it be turned back down to its initial level. No grace, no hospitality, and a considerable level of barely cloaked aggression.. We started avoiding the lounge in order to avoid that ditzy barkeep...a problem as it is the only place to eat once the deli closes. We started leaving the property for late lunches.

On a brighter note, the room was lovely, the bed ultra-comfy, and the hot water plentiful and truly hot. I loved the use of natural stone in the shower, and the little built in kitchen cupboard in our 1 br. suite was delightful. Although only stocked with herbal tea...some black tea blends would have been nice.

So, once they fine tune the staff, re-orient toward hospitality, and revamp the kitchen management, which is obviously deficient, this will be a fantastic destination. Recommend lake view; be aware "mountain view" is actually "parking lot view" although the roof gardens are very nice to look at.

Great bones, needs some work to be a truly luxury destination.

A romantic oasis in Whistler!

by TripAdvisor Member rillabylund

This was incredible! My husband and I went for our 1-year anniversary (We had stayed in Whistler after our wedding). Imagine this: walking into the classiest roomiest room you've ever been in. A warm fireplace to the left and a king size bed to your right with the highest thread-count possible! Walk a little further past the couch & coffee table and you come to sliding glass doors. The view is breathtaking as you look out across the serene lake, or take a seat as there are 2 seats waiting for you on the roomy deck. Walk back to the bathroom and you'll step onto a warmly heated floor with a full-size glass shower and a 2 person bathtub! This is just a glimpse at what this lodge offers! You can either enjoy the magnificent view or take a bath in the luxurious bath tub - your choice! You'll never want to leave. The staff are amazing and only add to your Whistler experience!

terrific

by TripAdvisor Member ahoughton

first the upsides: this is a wonderful new hotel. impressive but understated architecture, lovely rooms, GREAT bathrooms (for those who are interested) and the staff could not have been more helpful. we had a room on the top floor overlooking the lake and i would recommend that direction - especially in summer. now a few downsides: the hotel really isn't 100% finished yet; the a.c. system was malfunctioning (which is another reason to be on the shady side of the facility); i could not, for the life of me, figure out how to use the stupid tv remote; and the hotel is not particularly close to the village. however, the liabilities are relatively minor and the inn had a large suv that will shuttle folks into town (and pick them up).

the in house restaurant is very good and the little cafe has, in the words of my 15 yr old son, "the best scones i have ever eaten"

if you're interested in seeing whether there is room there during the olympics in 2010, forget about it... we were told that some organization bought out the entire place for the extent of the games! pretty impressive.

amaaaaaaaaazing!

by TripAdvisor Member lynnebee

Had an incredible time here. I got a great price on the room and went up for my birthday. I don't imagine it will remain this cheap for much longer. Room is huge, bathroom is even bigger. Separate glass shower and two person soaker tub were luxurious. The bed was extremely comfortable and plush. The fireplace, private balcony and mini-kitchen were the icing on the cake. The staff was incredible as well. So friendly and helpful. It was my birthday and I only mentioned it in my request for a nice table in Jordan's Crossing downstairs that it was for a birthday dinner and we not only got choice of the best tables in the place but they also gave us free dessert wine and a chocolate Happy Birthday on my dessert. I loved it and I hope to be back soon.

only thing I will mention is that the train station is behind the hotel. I did hear one train come through in the night and while it didn't bother me much, I can imagine some people would not be impressed. A room on the other side of the hotel might solve this problem though.

Hated it

by TripAdvisor Member DCWK

Terrible:
Room durty, bathroom durty, fridge durty, TV dish not working, swimming pool closed since January and we were in July!
Expensive and terrible!

Woodrun CondoWoodrun Condo

Green LakeGreen Lake

ZOG'SZOG'S

Whistler Valley & mountains from Whistler SaddleWhistler Valley & mountains from Whistler Saddle

Road Condition

by skiclub_tennisgirl

A group of us plan to ski at Whistler in the middle of January, does anyone know what kind of car we need to rent? How's the road condition from Vancouver to Wistler? Can me rent minivan instead of SUV? Thanks.

by YVRDave

You can rent a minivan. Some areas may require chains, if there has been recent snow, so make sure you get them at the rental company.

by katt1

I have lived here for past 15 years. Its all in the tires. SUV are notorious, as people assume they are good enough. Not so. Just make sure if you rent in Vancouver prior to your arriving, you tell them you are travelling up to Whistler in heavy snow conditions and you require WINTER TIRES. People make the mistake of just using All Season, no good. Take chains with you as backup. Just drive a nice slow pace, stay back 2 cars from others, have lights on, and do not hit your brakes should you hit a icey patch, or try to gun it up a hill. Slow steady pace is your best bet. There is cleaners up and down the highway at all times so you will always see help if needed. Have a great time.

by Schnick

Roads will always be bad here in winter. You should see them now after just a foot of snow! Accidents everywhere. You will most definitely need an all-wheel drive or a 4x4.

by ying_seattle

I'd like to know the same. Thanks.

by skiii_bum

My wife and I just returned from Vancouver-Whistler.

Be sure to check car rental prices ahead of time and book ONLINE at sites such as Travelocity.com because you will save at least $5 to $10 PER DAY compared to booking directly with car rental agent.

I rented the intermediate cars such as Toyota Matrix/Corolla and had no problem driving on rainy/slushy/icy roads from Vancouver to Whistler. I suggest you book that type of car and then simply upgrade to a 4X4 SUV on your arrival day if the weather report shows deep snow driving conditions on the roads to Whistler.

TIP: I kept finding that Budget had the lowest rates plus gives you a great booklet of FREE ADMISSION coupons to many of Vancouver's great tourist sites (such as the Vancouver Aquarium). Remember to ask for that booklet at the rental counter. Please note that Budget's economy, compact, and intermediate size cars are no-frills and usually don't have such goodies as GPS navigation or even power windows.

TIP: next time I go back to Whistler, I may skip renting a car if I plan to lodge within walking distance (or via bus transport) of the lifts and I plan to stay longer than a few days. You can just take the "Perimeter" shuttle from the airport up to Whistler and save the cost of renting the car. Please note however that the "Perimeter" shuttle is not free and may be around $60 one-way, per person. Yet, if you rent a car instead it will cost you at least $30 per day plus $40 for gas round-trip.

Comments