4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Booking.com CheapTickets.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• aqazi's Profile Photo

Great location, okayish hotel

I thouhgt we'd got a bargain when I booked this hotel for $150 but it only really makes sense to stay here if you're skiing given its proximity to the slopes. In the summer (when we were here) it didn't really matter that we were by the gondola. Staff weren't especially helpful, couldn't get an upgrade because I didn't book direct. Studio had a murphy bed (very romantic for our honeymoon. Anyway would only come back here in the winter as it really didn't feel like a special occasion destination.

More about Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre

Pan Pacific (Whistler)

by madamx

Being only in Whistler for a couple of days, we wanted to stay centrally -- the Pan Pacific fit the bill, as it offered reasonable fall rates and was right in the heart of everything.

The rooms are decorated elegantly in Mission-style furniture, and our suite had a full kitchen, which helped a lot with the over-the-top dining prices in Whistler. The bed is a murphy bed, and when up on the wall, makes the suite a very spacious place. There is turn-down service -- let someone else set up the murphy bed. The pool was well-maintained, and looked out on the mountain. We also found the staff to be very pleasant and professional.

All suites in Whistler

by melissa_bel about Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside

After staying at the Sheraton Wall Center, I thought I would be spoiled for the rest of the trip. That's until we checked into the Pan Pacific, an all-suites hotel that looks more like a lodge than an hotel, and it's no wonder when you look around. Even during the summer, you get that warm feeling of going back into your cozy moutain lodge. We landed a studio for 110 Canadian dollars but it was in 1999. I checked the price for the summer of 2005, and it's at 106 USD. Not bad! The hotel also has 1 and 2 bedrooms suites.
The studio was roomy and classy with a nice living room, a balcony (overlooking the pool and the mountain), a fully equipped kitchenette (which blew my mind because I never saw that before, it was my first trip in North America), a 4 person dining room table, a sofa-bed and, the neatest of all: a queen-size murphy bed. Now, where else would you find that in a hotel? But you realize you're in a high-end hotel when you check out the goodies in the bathroom: Aveda products!!! And the nice touch: lip blam, always useful after a day in the mountains regardless of the season. The hotel also has a pool and a hot-tub I personnaly tested (strangely, it was deserted despite the beautiful weather).
Now, I wish I could go back during the winter after a day spent "shushing" down the slopes and go back to my beautiful studio!

Best Hotel and Service I've EVER experienced in my travels!!

by TripAdvisor Member WynsWrld98

I chose to stay at the Pan Pacific Whistler Village after reading so many great comments about it on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad I read the reviews at Trip Advisor because they were very accurate.

I can say nothing but good about the Pan Pacific Whistler Village. From the unpretentious, incredibly friendly, enthusiastic staff at the front desk, to the gorgeous room with beautiful carpeting/natural wood/granite slab countertops in kitchen and bathroom to the incredibly convenient location right at the most popular part of the village with the most restaurants/shops/movie theater, just awesome!

I booked an inexpensive studio room through Orbitz and was upgraded without asking to a 2-bedroom 2-bath gorgeous room with 3 TVs. I'm guessing someone didn't checkout from the few studio rooms they have is why I got the upgrade but I was more than happy to take it!

The "real" breakfast that was included for free was great too including the beautiful outdoor patio you could eat your breakfast at. It wasn't a cheap continental breakfast, it included eggs, sausage and bacon in buffet style. Just a great way to start the day.

This was my first trip to Whistler and I loved everything about Whistler and the Pan Pacific. I cannot imagine there is anywhere better to stay in Whistler. A++++!

Very Comfortable Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Aussie08

We stayed at the Pan Pacific whistler for two nights in early july. The staff were very good and made check in easy and stress free. We had a one bedroom suite which had a fully contained kitchen including microwave, dishwasher and cooktop. All cutlery crockery and utensils were supplied.
Breakfast was included and was a very good continental including cooked eggs and bacon or sausage, depending on the day.
the location is great and within easy walking distance to the Whistler village. There is a parking fee of $20 plus tax.

Beautiful Place, Wonderful People

by TripAdvisor Member bandmomX2

Just back from a family vacation to the West Coast, Vancouver & Whistler. Spent five nights in the Pan Pacific Whistler Village Centre & could not have been happier with our choice of places to stay! It isn't always easy to please Mom, Dad, and all three children, ages 12,14,& 17. The employees were the best-they made us feel right at home & very welcome. Our 2 bedroom,2 bathroom suite was so beautiful & comfortable and so,so clean! We had a gas fireplace & balconies that opened from both bedrooms & the den-great for sitting with your coffee in the AM & taking in the gorgeous mountains!! The complimentary breakfast was the best we have ever had anywhere! We wish we had had more time-there is so much to do that it is hard to fit it all in. My children are already asking if we can go back for a longer stay next year for vacation!! Thanks Pan Pacific Village Centre for a wonderful, memorable vacation!!!

Westin Excelsior - Whistler

by andersonclan about Westin Excelsior - Whistler

VERY nice & cozy place to stay. Fireplace & kitchen in rooms. The best part of this resort is that the ski lift was RIGHT outside the hotel. There are lots of places to shop & eat in Whistler Village. We fell in love with this place. It is very fun, very romantic & I look forward to going back one day. The slopes are a little harder than your average rankings (from what I understand). We were up for the challenge & it was amazing.

Rainbow Park Youth Hostel

by supercarys about Rainbow Park Youth Hostel

This is a clean and friendly youth hostel located quite a long way from Whistler Village - it will take about 45 minutes to walk or you can get on one the buses that run quite regularly.

To get there from the bus stop you need to walk down about 100 steps, cross a railway line and there it is. It's a very interesting hostel in this repect, the stairs are wooden and look very picturesque making for a great photo.

The bus will cost about $1.50, a taxi about $15. Nice view of the lake but on the opposite side of the lake to the village.

Absolutely loved the Pan Pacific!!

by TripAdvisor Member Jrmarquis

This was our first trip to Whistler - it most certainly won't be our last! The hotel is in the best location. It's right in the heart of the village and within walking distance to everything including the upper village. We arrived on Saturday, they parked our car and we didn't need it again until Thursday when we checked out. Everyone working at the hotel was helpful and friendly.

Our room was great. We had a beautiful view of the mountains and the village. The soaking tub was wonderful. The bed was comfortable and I loved the chaise lounge to relax on in the afternoon. The air conditioning was excellent - it was really hot every day - high 90's.

The breakfast was alright, but the layout was bad. You ended up running into people as you tryed to get your food, then cross over to get coffee, while people are coming in and leaving all through a small area. No problem though - everything else was wonderful - we didn't care about the breakfast issue at all.

Whistler is a blast! We spent Saturday evening walking through the village and eating outside. Sunday was spent at the market in the upper village. On Monday we did the Ziptrek - FUN!!! Tuesday we rode the gonola to the top, then rode the chairlift to the peak - SCARY!! Wednesday, we did an ATV mountain ride, then Thursday came home. We decided to check out Pemberton, since it's only 20 miles up the road - dont bother!!

We enjoyed every minute of this vacation. We'll definitely be returning. We will book again with this hotel - it's the BEST.

Nice Stay at the Pan Pacific

by TripAdvisor Member LadnerDad

My wife & I took our two daughters (ages 2 and 4 mos.) to the Pan Pacific for a one-night get away to celebrate our 4th Anniversary in late-August. We found a C$169/night bed & breakfast deal on the Pan Pacific website, which beat Expedia.ca and hellobc.com
We live in Greater Vancouver, so we drove up to Whistler leaving at 11am, with plans for lunch in Squamish. Usually the trip takes 2-2.5 hours but due to construction delays we did not get to Whistler until after 3pm. Also as a note to other parents, our older daughter got car-sick on the Sea-to-Sky Highway on the way up, so Gravol would be appropriate if your kids are also prone to car-sickness (she was fine on the way back after taking some Gravol).
The entrance to the Hotel was not obvious to us, so we ended up parking under the Village and walking to the hotel front desk. The entrance to the hotel is the first right off Blackcomb Way after the T-junction with Village Way.
The Front Desk was very helpful. They gave us a map of the Village, showed us where to park and made reservations for our dinner at a restaurant they recommended called the Rimrock Cafe. The restaurant was excellent, and the hotel provided a free shuttle service to the restaurant as it was located at Whistler Creekside and not in the Village.
We received a 1-bedroom suite on the 5th floor. Everything was very nice and modern. It had a fully stocked kitchen (cutlery & glassware) so that we could feed our elder daughter before we went out (bought prepared Mac & Cheese from the IGA in the Village).
We had arranged for a babysitter through the concierge. The cost was $14/hr with a 3-hour minimum. Our babysitter was an Australian woman in her mid-20s. The girls loved her, and biggest surprise of all, our older daughter actually went to bed at her bedtime without us there!
The hotel provided a nice crib for our younger daughter, but it would have been too small for our older daughter. Since our older daughter had already crashed out in the middle of the bed in the bedroom, we decided to sleep on the sofa-bed in the living area. It wasn't bad for a sofa-bed, but the main bed probably would have been much nicer. Our daughter certainly slept well.
In the morning we had the hot buffet. Everything was great, however there was the one small problem of the hotel not replenishing items quickly enough. We had to wait 20 minutes for pancakes.
All in all it was a very nice stay, and we would go back.

Whistler villageWhistler village

Weather in mid October - what to pack

by aukahkay

I will be staying at the Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside from 16 - 18 October. May I know what kind of weather I can expect in Whistler at this time of the year? What are the temperatures and humidity like and will there be any snow? What clothing items should I pack?

What will be the best outdoor activity to do at this time of the year? I am not into adventure sports like skiing or kayaking so are there any other mild to moderate activities that I can indulge in?

RE: Weather in mid October - what to pack

by Hobbsie1

there probably wont be any snow at that time. expect cool weather, but nothing extreme. it will probably be between 5 and 14 Celcius.
Go to http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/index.htm
and check out whistler and see whats happening out there.

RE: Weather in mid October - what to pack

by vandude666

It'll be raining like hell. The best outdoor activities.....surfing in the Baja.

RE: RE: Weather in mid October - what to pack

by YVRDave

I ususally golf in Whistler at that time of year.
I could be cold and wet or it could be warm and dry. Plan for both.
This is close to Canadian Thanksgiving which signals the close of the golf courses

RE: RE: Weather in mid October - what to pack

by aukahkay

Thanks for the tips. I guess I can leave my fur coat behind and just bring sweatshirts and windbreakers.

Comments