Raintrees Whiski Jack Cascade

4315 Northlands Blvd No C, Whistler, V0N1B4, Canada

More about Whistler

Peak 2 Peak gondolaPeak 2 Peak gondola

Lots of PeopleLots of People

bad photo of hostelbad photo of hostel

But I don't wanna leave!!!But I don't wanna leave!!!

Parking

by yvr

I understand that parking overnight within the Village of Whistler is not allowed. Where can one park for free in the Village area?

by YVRDave

It is not easy. in the summer, you can try at the golf course. In winter there may be next to nothing.

by travelgourmet

Both of you are from Vancouver and don't know the answer. I still believe that you can park free in large lots by the base of Blackcomb and Whistler lifts near the Village, unless the Winter Olympics is taking over the lots. Last time there parking was everywhere, even in the Village area.

by travelgourmet

I don't mean the day lots, that don't allow overnight parking. Spring Lane and Whistler Way is one area in the Village. Not free, but overnight.

by Marianne2

Check out this article:

I know I've never paid for parking there, and I think I've used the free lots along Blackcomb Way, although because of the nature of my trips, I sometimes get free parking in the hotel lots, too. There may be big changes coming up prior to the Olympics, which would be nice to know. How's that road construction going lately?

by travelgourmet

Marianne, You seem to have misread the "Question" as I did, but I corrected my oversight of the word "free" and "overnight". I presumed, which I should not do, that the first sentence was a statement. I again presumed that the second sentence was a separate question. To clarify, there is NO overnight free parking allowed in the Village of Whistler. There are designated FEE parking areas/garages in the Village area for overnight parking. Daytime FREE lots are available throughout the Village. Now, if the two lads from the neighboring Vancouver area are happy, so am I. Regards to Phil and Griff. lol ;-)

by Marianne2

Yep, Larry, I think I did mis-read it. I still swear I've never paid for even overnight parking there, but I might have had special hotels deals that covered it. Cheers!

by travelgourmet

Unfortunately, I think all the hotels in Whistler do charge for parking. I found that out when trying to book a room. Most likely, as in my case, it is an addition on your hotel bill. Sometimes, AAA membership gives you free parking specials with some hotels in the USA and Canada within a certain time frame. As for the updates on road conditions, see this website: http://www.seatoskyimprovements.ca/

by yvr

$16.00 per night at the Crystal Lodge in Whistler, which in my opinion is "highway" or "parking lot robbery". I wonder what the cut is from the hotels to the politicians that wrote the law? Thanks again for the info. but I can guarantee you, I will find "free" parking overnight, and for a "fee" I will tell all where I find it :-)

Travel Tips for Whistler

Inukshuk

by GuthrieColin

The Inukshuk, aside from being the mascot of the 2010 winter Olympics has great significance to native peoples of the Canadian north. Translated, Inukshuk means “in the image of man” and it was in that image that native Inuit people built these stone structures. The structures were constructed and used for hundreds, if not thousands of years as compass guides and were used as reference points.
These figures represented safety and reassurance that travelers were on the right path. The structures ranged from 2-3.6 m (7-12 feet) tall and were constructed with no cement only precisely placed rocks. The Olympic construction around Whistler has constructed no fewer than two of these (using rocks and cement) on Whistler Mountain. The first is seen near the Roundhouse Lodge and the other is located at the summit of Whistler Mountain which can be reached by taking “the peak” chair lift to the top of the mountain at 2,182 m (7,160 ft).

5 Star Dining

by hartmany about Umberto

A place for grown ups. Umberto's has an outstanding wine selection. Delicious from appetizer to dessert. While the decor is all dressed up, most of the patrons are not. Expect a hefty bill, but it's worth it.

Whistler Village

by aukahkay

Whistler Village is the heart of Whistler. There are many restaurants, cafes, supermarket and shops selling souvenirs and ski equipment. When I was there in October, some of the restaurants were closed for the season. The gondolas and ski lifts were of course closed for maintenance.

People Watch in Whistler Village

by Albernfrau

Whistler Village is always packed with people. The numerous restaurant patios and many benches offer you great opportunities to people watch. I have to say this is some of the best people watching ever. You can start at 6am and go all day and night always being entertained.

Whistler, B.C.

by santanesia

"Ziptrek"

This was a lot of fun.
A little pricey ($98) but worthed.
My husband used to be afraid of heigths before that. Not anymore..

"Our trip to Whistler"

We spent three days of a 10-day trip to Vancouver and western B.C. in the ski town of Whistler, which will help host the 2010 Winter Olympics.

"River of the Golden dreams"

You go from Lake Alta to Green Lake.
Very relaxing and the views are breathtaking.
The water is very cold so we were trying not to get too wet.
There are some logs but we manage ok besides the cut that Brian got after I hit him with the paddle.in the face.I didn't realize thet we were a lot more close than when we were cannoing two weeks before in a spring in Florida.
Ok, Ok , It won't happend again