4325 Northlands Blvd., Whistler, British Columbia, V0N1B4, Canada

WHISTLERWHISTLER

Whistler '05 CollageWhistler '05 Collage

Whistler in December

Hello All
I am planning my 5th around the world trip which will happen in December as usual.
Whistler will be one of my first stops so I was wondering if you could give me some advice about a few things....

1) Is there enough snow usually at the beginning/middle of December?
2) Any shuttle bus from Vancouver airport? if yes how long it takes?
3) Any youth hostels in Downtown whistler?
4) What about winter activities day tours I can do? (snowshoeing, etc)
5) I also heard there is this activity called zip line which is unique to British Columbia, is it fun?~
6) Does whistler have a gondola like Banff does from where I can see the whole town?
7) How far from the town are the sky fields?

thanks in advance!

by yvr

YVR Airport to Whistler you can use Pacific Coach Lines, it's a three hour ride. Fares at the moment are around $57.00 each way depending on where in Whistler you get off.

That's not too bad, similar rate that I paid to get from Calgary to Banff

Hey All

When I get to Whistler in December I am gonna do ZIP lining, it looks so much fun!
Has anyone tried it? Feel free to share your experience with me :)

by yvr

If you want to save some money, you could go into Vancouver on the Canada Line, and Central Station and take the Greyhound bus, it would cost much less, but perhaps would be inconvenient and would take longer. You can look at their schedule at www.greyhound.ca

by benwebb

hey if your still looking for transportation from Vancouver to Whistler you should check out www.ridebooker.com... they have competitive rates to the Pacific Coch lines and grantee less than an hour wait at the airport or your trip is free. It's pretty dope. I used it last spring and it made my life that much easier.

Travel Tips for Whistler

Cars are useless to have in Whistler

by Carmanah

Whistler is a pedestrian-only village. No cars are allowed on the village streets. Cars are only allowed on the highway (that bypasses to the west of the village) and the residential side streets.

Most visitors rent a car in Vancouver and drive it up to Whistler, where it will then sit in a parking lot for their entire time there. There is a free gravel parking lot outside of the village, but you're only allowed to park there during the day. Hotels charge visitors up to $25 (or more) a night to park in their underground parkades.

Having a car for a daytrip is good if you're not renting the car, as it will only cost you one tank of gas to get there and back from Vancouver. However, if you're only renting a car to get to Whistler, I'd suggest taking one of the many buses, limos, shuttles and taxi services that frequently travel between Whistler and Vancouver. It will likely save you a lot of money.

EXPENSIVE AND NOT WORTH IT!

by Tiffycait about THE WHISTLER SUSHI PLACE

oh my god! we went to this place cuz we were too lazy to cook, and there were a lot of ppl in the restaurant so we thought to ourselves that it must be an all right place. ( turned out that everywhere you go, it is packed). after 30 mins + waiting for a seat for two, i began to feel the formation of a possible ucler in my stomach, and that was not it! HAD to wait for another 10 mins afterwards. the Food was way too expensive for what is worth. i understand it is more than other places, but it was way over priced. the chicken pieces (it comes with 4 pcs) weren't too bad if you want to pay $10 over them. they are almost like FKC, without the extra coating.

Snowmobiling

by LIsaanne

You can go on Snowmobiling trips for about $50 per person. It's a little pricey but totally worth it. We had the time of our lives, we took a night trip and went all the way up to Crystal Hut on Blackcomb. At the top there were snacks and drinks avaliable, all included in the price. ONe thing that I reccoment is to BUY INSURANCE!!! We didn't and I flipped the snowmobile over..uh oh... There was no damage but we were lucky.

Biking

by Chip_Master

IN the summer biking is the thing. If you are a daredevil you can't beat the downhill course they put togather. If you are into leisure biking the valley bike routes are beautiful yet fun for the kids. Bring a picnic lunch and you can fill a couple days with biking.

Can't bring a bike, have no fear, they rent it all here, even the body amour to protect you on your mountain decents!

One of the Best...

by wreckloose

"Telus Ski and Snowboard Festival"

So I guess I got lucky because my first time in Whistler was a work function at the Telus World Ski and Snowboard Festival. Tons of people were in town trying to see celebrities, party and of course experience the mountains. If you ski or snowboard and haven't been to Whistler, I don't know what you're waiting for, it's great.

Comments