4090 Whistler Way, Whistler, British Columbia, V0N1B4, Canada

Lovely VillageLovely Village

Packing up.Packing up.

Whistler Creekside

Aloha from beautiful Kauai,

We will be traveling to Whistler in mid February. Would you say we should be making alternate plans since the snow seems to be scarce.?? Also, we will be staying at Whiski Jack Creekside, has anyone stayed there.? What is the best way to travel from there to the village? Contemplating whether or not to rent a car. And if we need to rent a car, should we rent one in Whistler or Vancouver??

From sunshine to snowshine!

by YVRDave

If you plan on skiing you may be disappointed. The glacier may be the only option.
There is a bus from The Creek to The Village.
A car can be handy if you wish to explore past Whistler to Pemberton and other areas. Get it in Vancouver.

by RACCOON1

The Whistler web cams show snow and people skiing . They still have a base of 48 inches and all but three lifts are open. Temperatures at the base are over freezing so there will be slushy snow near the bottom. You are wasting your money to rent a car to travel within Whistler. The bus service is free and more than adequate. Creekside is the lowest area and snow will become slushy near the base
even in good conditions.

by keala

Thank you for your replies...we are currently looking at an alternate ski location...perhaps Utah or Tahoe...
any ideas or leads on either of those places?

Re: Re: Whistler Creekside

by cor_dog2

I was going to go to whistler March 31st for about a week. I was under the impression skiing would be still good then?? Am I mistaken? Also, does anyone recommend doing something cool other than just ski. I was interested in finding some other stuff to do while i was visiting. Any info would be appreciated....Thanks.

Oh and to answer the previous message: I've been to Winter Park in Colorado and that was very nice, might want to look there if you were interested in going to Colorado, as for Idaho I have not been there yet. Hope that helps.

Re: Re: Whistler Creekside

by cor_dog2

Oops I meant Utah...Not Colorado....

by RACCOON1

Tahoe or Utah
I have been to Squaw Valley. Skiing in California is really not skiing. Snowbird and Winter Park in Utah are good , but a full week in just one place is pushing it. We are going to Steamboat , Colorado in March.
By the way it is snowing again in Whistler.

by Cherrios

Whistler received 28 cm of snow last night!!!

by Cherrios

Whistler received 28 cm of snow last night!!!

by keala

Well, looks like we are heading to Whistler after all. Keep praying for snow.!!

RE: RE: Whistler Creekside

by Lady-Croft

Hi

did you go?
what was it like?
more importantly......was there enough snow?
im going next Thursday 3rd March ;o)

Travel Tips for Whistler

Hiking Black Tusk

by rmdw

Most people who visit Whistler-Blackcomb never leave the village or the ski hills. But more adventurous folks take advantage of the incredible hiking Southwest B.C. offers.

One popular hike is to Black Tusk, near the north end of Garibaldi Lake.

Take a look at my Black Tusk travelogue to get more details.

Photo courtesy of Peter Matter

Skiing

by DrexelDragon

I was living in Denver at the time, and two of my friends were living back on the east coast. I had talked them into flying out to Vancouver the week before Christmas for a ski trip to Canada, which allowed us to take advantage of early season packages and the US dollar exchange to the Canadian dollar.

Anyway, we set the date for the trip back in early/mid October and began watching the snow reports. No snow thru October. No snow thru November. Early December, it finally starts to snow, but not nearly enough for the resort to open up. At this point, we discussed cancelling the trip to get our money back. Fortunately, we held out, since we had up to 5 days before to ask for a refund.

At about the time that our take-it or leave-it date came along, a huge mass of precipitation was predicted to move down from the north and blanket Whistler/Blackcomb. And it did. It absolutely dumped the days before, and it snowed while we were there. It snowed enough that the upper halves of both mountains were opened up. So, that left the entire lower halves uncovered, meaning we had to upload and download on the gondolas in the morning and afternoons.

It ended up that even having to ski only the upper mountains, that it was more terrain than we could cover with a 4/5 day ski pass. We also weren't the types where we'd get up at 10:30 and ski from 11-4 and call it a full day. I always want to be one of the first people in the lift line, and in the afternoon it's usually the last lift down.

It was awesome. Blackcomb is the more technically challenging mountain, but Whistler isn't easy either. We had fun on both mountains, but my favorite was the Seventh Heaven section of Blackcomb. It was huge, and it seemed to keep the snow the best of all the areas we went. It was also easy to find trails that we were the first to go down even at 2 in the afternoon. If you ski...you're sure to love it. (My member photo is me perched at the top of one of Whistler's peaks.)

Friendly Wildlife

by jujub

As you can see, these birds are extremely friendly. I even put a piece of bread on my head, the little sucker came, landed, snatched the bread, and flew away. He also pooped on somebody's googles... ehehhehee

All you have to do is sit still with the food on your hand. Those birds will approach you if they think you have anything edible for them. They are also known for snatching the food away when you are not looking...

Info Diva's in Whistler, British Columbia

by infodiva

"Snow, Snow, Snow!!"

I just LOVE skiing in Whistler! So many hills, so little time! Not to mention the gorgeous hunks sliding down the slopes!

It feels a little like Cortina, the first time I'm here each year, then I get over it and I know I'm definitely NOT in Cortina when I mix with the crowd at the Roundhouse on top of Whistler mountain.
Cortina is so much more Chic, what can I say?

BC's Playground

by duanestorey

Whistler is a world-class ski resort located approximately 150 km from Vancouver. The drive to the resort will take you along the scenic sea-to-sky highway, and through the small town of Squamish.

I have a friend with a place up here, so I come up here from time to time to get away from the city life.

"The Bus Ride"

Well, I spent two different New Year's up here. On New Year's Eve, all the busses up here are free, so it's a perfect way to get from your house down to the village, where all the action takes place.

Since I had my camera handy, and I was on my way to being tipsy, I thought it would be fun to get everyone on the bus together for a picture.

"Happy New Year"

Here's a picture of the inside of the Keg when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve..

Comments