Seacrest Motel & R.V. Park

864-160th Street, White Rock, V4A 4W4, Canada

Satisfaction Average

More about White Rock

Bellevue HouseBellevue House

THE white rockTHE white rock

Walking on the PromenadeWalking on the Promenade

Pier from southern walkwayPier from southern walkway

Travel Tips for White Rock

Journey to White Rock

by Karlie85

I always find it a little bit hard to write intros, because I either didn't spend much time in a place, or they have a special meaning to me so it's hard to put into words.

My husband Dave was born in White Rock, about 45 minutes outside of Vancouver, in 1984. His family only lived there until he was 4 and then moved to Alberta. I have always lived in Alberta and never been to the West Coast. His mom always talks about how much she loves it there, and how she wants to retire there, and how she cried on the long, long drive to Alberta, the whole way. Dave would tell me about playing on the beach everyday and laying pennies down on the railroad tracks to get them all squished.

He hadn't been back since they moved away. 21 years is a long time! And, I'd never even been to Vancouver, so what better reasons to go somewhere? We were only there for about 28 hours, but I really loved it. I could feel how special it was, and I could just imagine how great it would be to grow up by the ocean, too young to be in school, having your mom at home with you, and getting to play in the sand and water every day. It was the best part of our short West Coast trip and I sincerely can't wait to go back and spend more time in White Rock and do some more exploring.

Cool Chilled Little Seaside Resort

by tylercdurden2004

"Only a hop skip and a jump away from Vancouver"

White Rock is actually where I live and is a Suburb of Vancouver. Its about 1 hr on the bus away and is well worth the visit. Its a little beach side resort with two really nice beachs which are worth the day trip.

Just a few of the hundreds of pictures we took!

by elmendorfs

By mid morning on our last day the tide was low and I headed out with the camera. The day before I'd seen some low tide photos taken by local artists. Well... I'm no artist, but it was a wonderful "walk" along the beach. I must have covered two miles or more and took a couple hundred pictures. Here are a few... If you look closely, you can see the railroad tracks above the rocks in the distance. From this angle and distance it's hard to tell, but the tracks were probably 20 to 30 feet above the beach.

There were literally millions of possible pictures with the interesting clouds and the winding tide pools. And even though you won't find mne on display at the art show, they do carry along wonderful memories.

The Ansel Adams foundation has nothing to fear, but taking B&Ws of the driftwood was fun.

The pier is one of the focal points of the town, and provided quite a variety of things to see. The eagle was at the south end of the rocks that protect the pier and boats from the waves. These star fish and a dozen or so more were SLOWLY moving over the rocks at the end of the pier. If you watched them it was hard to see them move. But if you looked carefully, then looked away for a few minutes, they would be in a slightly different spot when you looked back. And after a rain, looking back toward town, the pier provided a very interesting reflection of a street lamp.

Comments